[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good is the wii at emulating ps1?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: wii.jpg (91KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wii.jpg
91KB, 1000x1000px
How good is the wii at emulating ps1?
>>
Well, it's about emulating PS1 on a Wii, so, it's half retro(?).
>>
>>3057924
not well. orignal xbox can, a cheap laptop will do much better
>>
>>3057924
Get a PS2 or PS3 instead. Those consoles play PS1 games. Or you could get an actual PS1. A PS1 is pretty easy to find and it's dirt cheap too.
>>
>>3057924
>How good is the wii at emulating ps1?
Pretty good. WiiSX is your best bet, and runs a lot of things very well.

The only problem with the console is saving. Some games just don't save properly, for some reason. What's more, it's never seems to allow you to switch discs properly. There is a work around to this, namely taking the save file and using it in ePSXe to get onto the next disc, saving and then using that save file with the next disc of the game, but that might be a little too tedious for some.

Savestates work great, so if you're playing a single-disc game it's better to use them, and a lot of games do well perfectly well. Check the compatibility for the ones you want to play here:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiSX_compatibility_list_(beta_2)
>>
>>3058042
One more thing, a lot of games do in fact save correctly, but will tell you that they have failed to save. This isn't the case however, and they have saved correctly despite what they said. Still, savestates are a safer bet.
>>
>>3057924
No, just no. There are so many good options for playing PS1 games (PS2, PS3, PSP, mednafen-retroarch, Xebra, PSX, ePSXe), this is the worst thing you could possibly choose.
>>
>>3057979
>PS1 is dirt cheap

Why is the N64 near triple the price of a PS1 when it's shittier in every way. I just don't get it.
>>
>>3058334
Because PS1s are everywhere. You can't go to a used game store without tripping over a dozen of them on your way in.
>>
>>3058334
It's because there are literally 3x as many Playstations as there are N64s. I won't even make any ninten-year-old nostalgia comments because the supply alone so accurately reflects your observation. Don't even get me started on the impact of backward compatibility

tl;dr because playstation is so based
>>
>>3058347
Holy shit, I never realized the N64 sold so little.
>>
>>3058334
Because Nintendo tax.
>>
>>3057979
Does the ps2 do ps1 games at 240p? Can I run them off a hard drive?
>>
>>3058452
"Yes" to your first question
"No, but..." to your second
>>
>>3058349
When the PS2 was released the PS1:N64 sales ratio was only 2:1.

Then Sony started selling the console to third world countries and sold another 33 million. The fact is that the PS1 is a console for the poor.
>>
>>3057924
Get a PSP.
>>
>>3058349
Over 25 million wasn't that bad, the ps1 just happened to be insanely popular.
>>
>>3058347
Never realized how popular the psp. It's on par with the gpa and ahead of many popular classic consoles.
>>
>>3058770
The PSP was amazing. It's too bad it didn't do better outside Japan. UMDs kinda sucked, but with CFW and an iso loader, it's one of the best pieces of gaming hardware ever.
>>
>>3058790
Well, PSP was pretty popular in Russia.
>>
>>3058334

Well not sure about "shittier in every way", but I think it's because

1. N64 are most likely going to work like new due to not having disc drive. The cart slot is hard to damage
2. N64 emulation is pretty bad, when you can emulate PS1 games easily
3. Nobody really needs a PS1 since PS2 and PS3 are BC
>>
>>3058637
That's nearly twice the number of Vitas sold.
>>
>>3058572
>land of the modchip
ya think?
>>
>>3058334
Because n64 is much better and a more fun console overall.
Ps1 is just a meme for poor people.
>>
>>3060187
>Ps1 is just a meme
PS1 is a console silly.
>>
>>3060187
How can it be better and more fun when it has no games?
>>
File: has no games64.jpg (171KB, 720x617px) Image search: [Google]
has no games64.jpg
171KB, 720x617px
>>3061408
>>
>>3058331
Which is these methods is the best?

And how do I play PS1 games on a PS2 without owning the original game?
>>
>>3061823
>N6
>4
A little effort wouldn't hurt.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.