[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have experience with the RetroFreak? How is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: retro-freak-premium-414571.6.jpg (49KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
retro-freak-premium-414571.6.jpg
49KB, 640x640px
Anyone have experience with the RetroFreak? How is it?
>>
It's pretty good though for the price can do most of the things that you can already do with a PC and/or a Raspberry Pi aside from the whole play from cartridges angle.

It's built better and has more use than the Retron 5 though the asking price is a bit much at $200. (My girlfriend bought mine so I can't complain too much)
>>
>>3055770
Fuck sake.
>>
>>3055774

Default controller kinda sucks. But I just use a USB SNES pad which works perfectly fine.
>>
>>3055776
Please do not fuck Sake
>>
Waifu roves it.
>>
>>3055776

Oh no someone's asking about a retro-gaming related thing on a retro-gaming related board.
>>
>>3055780
But she's a sexy hoe.
>>
>>3055774
Can you apply patches like the Retron5? That was a major selling point for me
>>
>>3055783
Never mind I thought it was another retron at a glance. Carry on.
>>
File: tips11.jpg (53KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
tips11.jpg
53KB, 600x400px
>>3055790

Yeah you can. Even niftier, is that the actual console itself is a PSTV-sized box that disconnects from the housing with the cartridge ports. The idea being you can back up a bunch of your games and then bring the micro-console as a mini retro gaming system.
>>
>>3055802
That's great, because the whole reason I got the Retron5 was to patch japanese cartridges. I got Mother 2 for like 5 bucks instead of paying a billion dollars for Earthbound

Last question then I'm sold on it; input lag issues? Anything more than a frame of input lag makes me sperg
>>
>>3055804

Doesn't seem to be any. I've played it through a capture card using Xsplit as a viewing window and I can breeze through Punch-Out without an issue. So yeah. Should be fine.
>>
>>3055807
Neat, thanks Anon
>>
>>3055804

Why wouldn't you just download an Earthbound ROM on your PC instead of purchasing a box that uses emulators and the Japanese version of a game that already exists in English?
>>
>>3055854
Because I like cartridges
>>
My waifu and I enjoy it alot unfortunately it doesn't support PC Engine CD games so were very limited on what to play.
>>
>>3055770
my wife loves it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.