[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megadrive or Genesis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: megadrive-jpn-hard.jpg (123KB, 767x567px) Image search: [Google]
megadrive-jpn-hard.jpg
123KB, 767x567px
Megadrive or Genesis?
>>
Genesis 'cause I'm a God fearin patriot who don't got no anteater lookin smegma filled dick
>>
GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T, FAGGOT

BLAST PROCESSING
>>
What was it called in Australia?
>>
>>3055564
sea-guh cunt barbie mate
>>
Model 1 best model.
>>
>>3055578

Why do you talk like that?
Can't just type "Model 1 is the best"?
>>
>>3055540
Genesis. Mega Drive is two words, not one.
>>
>>3055564

Sea-guh Mea-guh Drea-vuh
>>
Megadrive, obviously
>>
メガドラ
>>
Genesis if I mention it in real life so people will know what I'm actually talking about.

Mega Drive on the internet since that's what it's referred to as in the majority of the world and no "lol dumb American" comments.
>>
>>3055540
Genesis.
That's what it was officially called here.
I'm not going to change because some foreigners want me too.
>>
How can you even compete against the SNES when your console is named Genesis?

>Super Nintendo
>MEGA Drive
>>
>>3055628
>Turbo Grafx
>>
>>3055581
murk loar
>>
Someone should write a script that automatically swaps megadrive with genesis, or vice versa.
>>
>>3055634
No. People just shouldn't get their panties in a knot over names.
>>
Genesis had the better advertising.

Mega Drive has the cooler name.
>>
>>3055628

Because Genesis what megadriven't
>>
>>3055641
Shouldn't, but they do.
>>
>>3055540
Depends of which games you want to play.
>>
>>3055555
5pent get
>>
>>3055673
/vr/ doesn't allow that.
And the board is so slow that you can easily predict your post number.
>>
>>3055598
Mega Dra?
>>
>>3055680
Genedrive.
>>
>>3055678
>/vr/ doesn't allow that.
As in it stops it happening? What if you're legit replying to a post with a significant get? Or can you only do it in the thread it was posted in?
>>
>>3055685
/vr/ skips all repetitions of the last two digits except for 00. Same as on /v/, /vg/ or /b/.
>>
>>3055680
You know, like スファミ and プレステー。
>>
>>3055690
>/vr/... has no gets
>>
It is called the SEGA Exodus.
>>
Genesis is cooler and more sophisticated. Mega Drive sounds like something a 5 year old came up with.
>>
>>3055614
>letting the rest of the world cuck you
genesis 4 lyfe
>>
>>3055628
Super Nintendo : Mega Drive = X : Genesis

What is X?
>>
The SEGA Mega Genesis.
>>
>>3055750

>>
>>3055693
I've heard of スファミ but the other two just sound dumb. But hey, if those are what people call them, then that's cool I guess.
>>
Blast Processor Mega Genesis 2000
>>
SIXTEEN MEGA POWER
>>
Famicom or NES? Super Famicom o Super Nintendo? Turbografx or PC Engine? Who gives a shit, they are all the same except for the region locked exclusives, the only thing relevant to them.
>>
It did better in the regions where it was called Mega Drive.

Just Saiyan.
>>
>>3055797
>Japan

Eh...
>>
>>3055756
They all sound stupid and are almost exclusively used by weebs. Pretty much the only time an actual Japanese person uses these in when they're trolling weebs to convince them Japanese actually do use them.
>>
>>3055797
Actually you're thinking Master System.
>>
>>3055796
Castlevania III is much better on the Famicom than on the NES.
>>
>>3055620
Tell me, why should said foreigners even care about you people still stuck on deprecated imperial units?
>>
>>3055797
No it didn't.
>>
>>3055991
Getting upset over the word genesis makes it seem like they care.
>>
>>3056014

who the fuck cares japanese are retarded when it comes to naming things in english anyways
literally all console names fucking suck ( except game boy, well ok it sucks too but I like it for some reason )
>>
>>3055653
How much Mega Drive advertising have you seen? Out of Europe, Asia, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, and the Mid East what have you seen in advertising for the Mega Drive?
>>
>>3055991
>tips euro size 80 fedora
>>
>>3055540
I like the USA Model 1 version because it skips that tacky gold coloring and blue button, and makes it overall less 80s looking

Mode 2 is boring but still styled ok
>>
Mega Duraiba.
>>
Megasis or Genedrive?
>>
>>3055756
>I've totally heard of sufami, gaiz!!!
>am i cool yet?!?!?! ^_~
No.

>>3055693
What the hell is a 'Prestige?'
Have I got that right? I'm dyslexic with sloperunes so I may have transliterated that incorrectly.
>>
Genesis Drive sounds like a JRPG attack
>>
Depends on where you live.

This is a shit-tier thread.
>>
>>3055630
Quit being a faggot. No one else talks like that.
>>
>>3056561
No, you quit being a faggot.
>>
File: megadoraibu.jpg (145KB, 2120x1060px) Image search: [Google]
megadoraibu.jpg
145KB, 2120x1060px
I always figured the japanese Mega Drive would look way better with the euro colors, so I did a little mockup here.
>>
>>3057001
16-BIT is also golden in the EU MD doe.
>>
>>3057015
Liberties taken due to personal preference, my friend.
>>
>>3055978
what's the difference? I'm actually asking.
>>
>>3057036
Enhanced 7-channel soundtrack, unnerfed Grant and some difficulty tweaks I don't remember.
>>
>>3055797
Only the Master System did better outside the US. With the Mega Drive, it's the other way around. The Mega Drive was still popular in Europe though.
>>
>>3055653
>better advertising
>HAHA GENESIS DOES WHAT NINTENDINDU FUCK YOU NINTENDO HAHAHA
It worked. But it was fucking stupid. At least when advertising the Mega Drive they focused on the games and not on shitting on competitors to make themselves look better.
>>
>>3057057
Nintendo had like 95% of the US market share around that time because "le game crash savior" so either they made those dumb ads or they would have been crushed by the competition.
>>
>>3057049
Mega Drive very slightly outsold SNES globally if you eliminate Japan from the totals.
>>
File: nintendont.jpg (90KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
nintendont.jpg
90KB, 700x520px
>>3055540
>>
>>3056561
Neck yourself, newscum.
>>
>>3055540
I have the early Sega Genesis console and Japanese Mega Drive, and for some reason the Genesis sounds a bit worse than the Mega Drive
>>
"Genesis" is a bit stupid, as it tends to make people believe it was Sega's first console / first entry in the video game industry.
>>
>>3057606
Bingo, I didn't know about the Master System until way later.

I'll say it was probably a smart move though. It essentially let them hide their previously failed (in America at least) console.
>>
>>3057793
When did you learn about the SG-1000?
>>
>>3055540
>Megadrive or Genesis?

Call it whatever common name was used in your country. Don't be an autist. If you're from the U.S., people may not necessarily know what you're talking about if you insist of calling it a Mega Drive. It was never referred to as an MD here in the U.S., not even by later Sega compilations.

As far the Internet goes, I usually just go with a compounded "Genesis / MD," since there are posters here from around the globe.
>>
>>3057796
Probably like a decade ago. Didn't get to know its library until recently through emulation though.
>>
>>3055738
Funny, the codename for its replacement was GIGA Drive :)
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.