[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I buy a EZ-Flash IV?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 2.jpg (114KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
114KB, 500x500px
I'm from Europe btw
>>
>>3054107
China. Look at shoptemp for suggestions.

Also not retro.
>>
>>3054107
Not retro. Please read the board rules before posting.
>>
>>3054112
Any of these sites don't accept my credit card wtf
>>
>krikzzz
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3446.0;topicseen
>>
>>3054107
don't buy one of these, they are fucking garbage.

wait for krikzz to finish the GBA ED.
>>
>>3054581
Neat. I assume it will still be quite a while before they can start shipping though.
>>
A bit off topic, but why does the DS not support GBA roms, when it natively supports cart playback? 3DS still doesn't play GBA roms either, I think.
>>
>>3054602
How are they garbage?
They're cheaper than anything Krikzz will put out and they have 100% compatibility.
The write time is the main complaint from people, but I've never waited longer than 20 seconds for a game to load.

This is mostly because I flash the 1-6 games I'm currently into so that they load instantly.

I really don't understand the hate for this card, unless it's solely about the transfer software required. Here's a tip to anybody with one: Keep a portable copy of the software on the microSD card itself, then you'll always have it where you need it.
>>
>>3054621
A bit off topic, not retro and not even sure what you're trying to say. I play GBA ROMs on my DS all the time.

>>3054780
They're garbage because they're not a non-existent ED. Stop trying to think for yourself and kneel and worship the all mighty ever drive.
>>
>>3055757
>A bit off topic, not retro and not even sure what you're trying to say. I play GBA ROMs on my DS all the time.
Really? I was under the impression you'd need a Port 2 flashcard to use the GBA functionality. Are you running an emulator or something?
>>
>>3054621
Hardware quirks, the GBA part can only be accessed when the console runs in GBA mode, which completely disables the DS part. It's very similar to how PS2 handles PS1 games, and to how GBA treats GB/GBC games for that matter.

If you want to play GBA roms, just use the GBA slot.
>>
>>3054780
So what's the deal? Are there long load times every time you want to play? Or just when you want to swap games?

I was going to buy one a while ago, but I couldn't find anywhere to buy them back then. At €40 it's very tempting.
>>
>>3055758
I'm using ROMs on a GBA flash cart. Works just peachy. Were you trying yo put the ROM on a floppy, fold it up, and insert it into the the DS game slot or something?
>>
>>3055845
He wasn't me but I was talking about playing GBA roms off of slot 1.
>>
>>3055904
You can only use the DS hardware on slot 1.
>>
>>3055904
If you'd said that I could have told you it's not going to happen.
>>
I would love to know as well
>>
>>3055835
When you want to run a game straight from storage, the card loads it into temp memory and boots it.

You can also select one or many games to flash to a limited amount (256mbit) of NOR on the card. Most games are about 3MB so you can get a good few on there at any one time. These games are loaded once, then will launch instantly until you remove them from NOR.

Regular games take about 10 seconds to launch or flash, larger games like Mother 3 need to be flashed to be launched at all, and generally take up the full NOR allowance.

I generally have a pokemon hack, a platformer, a couple of homebrew titles and a goomba rom in NOR at one time, so I never really have to deal with load times.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.