[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you ever beat this game before it became a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 2219621-nes_battletoads.jpg (443KB, 701x960px) Image search: [Google]
2219621-nes_battletoads.jpg
443KB, 701x960px
Did you ever beat this game before it became a meme?
>>
I never actually beat it, I was born in 1991, and grew up with SNES and n64, but I remember when prankcalling gamestops to ask if they had battletoads was a /b/ thing way back in 2008 or so.
Its funny, because meme culture wasn't even a fucking thing back then.
>>
Are there any other games that are this hard in the modern era?
>>
nah, it was too hard. we'd just play TMNT Arcade or the Manhattan one on the NES instead.
>>
>>3053994
No. I didnt beat it after either

Without savestates and a partner that is. (Also cheats since player 2 is broken late game and is forced to die)
>>
>>3053994

couldn't beat Turbo Tunnels as a kid. beat the game for the first time a few years ago. now I can beat it warp-less in my sleep
>>
Got stuck on the tunnel. I've only played the Mega Drive version.
>>
File: inbachifinal.webm (3MB, 238x318px) Image search: [Google]
inbachifinal.webm
3MB, 238x318px
>>3054032
>>
>>3053994

No, always fucked up in the last level
>>
Still haven't beaten it, fuck the hanger level.
>>
It's easy as hell. You're all morons.

There are multiple warps and tons of extra lives. It's not even hard at all.

I beat Battletoads without using any warps. That's right, I beat every single level.

The only thing that gave me trouble was Clinger Winger. You have to like... do something weird on the directional pad on the corners. You don't just switch from right to up, you have to like diagonally do it. It's weird, but I got the hang of it eventually.

That damn orb chasing me gave me the hardest time out of the entire game. I hated that thing so much.
>>
>>3053994
Yes had it for a month finished it 3 times then swapped it for bionic commando regretted nothing
>>
>>3054831

Clinger Winger is one the easiest levels in the game. you were doing it completely wrong though.

>You don't just switch from right to up

yes you do

>you have to like diagonally do it
pressing the diagonals is what you DON'T want to do.
>>
>>3055428
The difficulty you have with Clinger Winger is completely based on your controller not being good enough to handle the quick direction changes.
Playing it with a 360 controller in particular is almost impossible because of how easy it is to accidentally hit a diagonal while switching.
>>
Motherfucking Clinger Winger got me every time.
>>
When I was little, a friend of mine came over to my house with Battletoads & Double Dragons for the SNES. We co-oped it and it was hard as hell. I borrowed it over night just to beat the damn thing with cheat codes and even then, it was a massive pain in the ass. Also, that evil bitch in the S&M gear actually berates you in the credits screen if you used codes to beat the game. I have never wanted to hate fuck a video game character more and that game single handedly made me hate Battletoads and the Double Dragon franchises.
>>
>>3053994
Only with savestates. Without them I managed to get only to the Ice Caverns.
>>
File: header.jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32KB, 460x215px
>>3054032
>>
>>3053994
I used cheat codes to beat it. Was a lot of fun. funny game, I liked it.
>>
>>3054032
The Bit Trip games claim to be hard, but they fall squarely into complete bullshit territory.
>>
I beat this game as kid, with my cousin when we co-oped it back in the day. We're uncredited for it, but were the ones who discovered and made the 'Stage 11 bug' more common knowledge through BBS (and later, early messageboards and game chatrooms back in 1992, as well as the workaround for said bug; killing Player 2 and re-entering the game for the last level.

Yes, it's a difficult game. It isn't as difficult as popular opinion would have you believe, and claiming "i aced this shit its so easy" is only said by fools looking for people to suck their e-peen. Battletoads is pretty fair in its difficulty, though, and once you get a few playthroughs in, you develop a familiarity with the levels and enemies that makes the game much easier to complete.
>>
>>3053994
Tried it today after having not played it for years.

It's too competent to be a difficult game, same with Ghouls n Ghosts. It's the kind of game where it you just keep at it, you will get it eventually. As in, it's pretty much a guarantee.

A truly difficult game would be the NES version of Ghosts and Goblins. I've got to level 9 of Battletoads in one day, but I've been stuck on the second part of stage 2 of Ghosts and Goblins for nearly a month now. I did manage to beat the stage once, only to have the time run out literally a second before I got the key. Now there's bullshit difficult. Battletoads is fair compared to that.
>>
>>3057505
If you used cheats then you did not truly win. Fucking casual. GTFO!
>>
>>3058046
Do you think I care? Lol. I said I had fun. Enjoy your un-casual torture to prove to yourself that you are something worth it by wining a game - wow - when in fact you are totally worthless.
>>
I can't get past the sewer water level. I'm just really bad at out of water jumps and I always lose all my lives and continues right in that level.
>>
>>3054005
good bait

I actually put time to it but always got stuck at snake stage without warps

My brother beat it in front of me though ( I played some levels) when I was 9 the year was 1995 and there is an even photo of it with us with the tv. I should find that shit. Mom even made dessert that night because we asked her to and it was like a big fucking thing in the house because he really tried hard for hours
>>
>>3055428
>>3055428

>yes you do

That didn't work for me. When I first played Clinger Winger I would skip the diagonal and just go from right to up with my thumb, and I would always miss the exact moment when I was supposed to switch, so it would slow me down a little bit giving that damn orb more time to catch up.

I found that by hitting the diagonal with my thumb that I made the corners easier.
>>
I agree with the sentiment to just have fun and not torture yourself, due to the fact that for every game with insane difficulty, there is an autist who cleared the game without getting hit once while using his dick to control the second player, which also clears the game without getting hit once... all while playing on nightmare setting. So in reality, it's all pointless, so just enjoy the damn game and play at your own pace. You won't set any records anyway.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.