[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: ..jpg (137KB, 1024x895px) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
137KB, 1024x895px
>>
>>3053661
Quality thread OP
>>
>>3053661
Saved
>>
Why were there only 3 white blocks in the whole game? And 2 were in the same level! Unless I am forgetting some, that is. And what about Kuribo's Shoe? Confined to a single level. This game is great. but has so much unrealized potential. Why no Hammer Bros suit before World 6? Why only one World with a canoe? Why make coin-ships and anchors so hard to find? Ah, such wasted potential.
>>
>>3054309
Upvote
>>
>>3054309
I know what a coin ship is but whats an anchor? Also I argue coin ships are amazing just because they are so hard to find. I played smb3 the other day and got one though it was very exciting.
>>
>>3054339
The anchor keeps the world's airship from moving between lives. Most of the time the ship moves to a location you can already access because the ship is the last stage in a world. If you're unlucky, it will move behind levels you haven't beaten yet.

Pretty useless itrem all things considered, but neat none the less.
>>
>>3054339
IIRC, the anchor was only available in even numbered worlds as a reward from the coinship. When used, they kept the Koopa's airship from moving around.
>>
>>3053661
How was anyone even supposed to figure this out?
>>
>>3054447
I did right away. I was playing it for the first time at the Nintendo world championship. I'm a wizard.
>>
>>3054460
How was California?
>>
>>3054447
Honestly I don't even know. We all just knew about it somehow.

Tip hotline, I guess. Tip hotline is always the answer.
>>
>>3054309
Because being hard to find/confined to a single level/only appearing late in game is what made those things unique in the first place.
>>
>>3054447
I think it was in the manual.
>>
>>3054467
Did you not get the reference? Or is your response some kind of meta-reference that I'm not getting?

Oh god...
>>
File: the-wizard-dinosaurs.png (550KB, 846x447px) Image search: [Google]
the-wizard-dinosaurs.png
550KB, 846x447px
>>3054642
I'm afraid you're the one not getting the 'meta-reference'
>>
>>3054572
checked - no it isn't

Player's guide maybe?
>>
>>3054687
Player guide, cheat book, tv show about games, game magazine, other magazines that might have a 'game' section.

There were a number of ways it may have been originally sourced, and then word of mouth and seeing others doing it.
>>
>>3054447
I think I read about it in Nintendo Power.
>>
>>3054702
Don't forget the tip hotline, bro
>>
>>3054447
In one of the princess letters it says the white blocks are magic
>>
>>3054447
I think I either figured this out through luck or a family member told me of the trick.
>>
>>3054702
I remember watching a show on TV about it back in the day. I can't remember what show it was, though. I think the host was some older dude with a white beard. He also gave the location of all the whistles and I think even told about the easy way to kill Bowser with P Wings.
>>
>>3054447
I am thinking about this way too hard. There's no way I'll ever remember how I learned about this trick. Probably word of mouth. The thing is, it's not a necessary action to beat the game. If anything, it helps the replay value, whether you want to perfect the game, show off to your friends, or just get to Bowser ASAP.
>>
>>3055067
>the easy way to kill Bowser with P Wings.

I remember one night being a kid and my parents called me into the living room to see something on TV. I can't tell you the show, but I think it might've been the news. They ran a segment saying about the p-wing tip in the final castle. I thought that was cool a game was talked about on TV, but I didn't realize at the time what a big deal it really was for primetime news to cover that. SMB3 was huge.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
I figured this one out by accident. Believe me I told everyone I knew, even adults that had no idea what I was talking about
>>
I don't get it
>>
>>3055276
Ah, in SMB3, world 1-2 you can do this with goombas.

There is a tube near the start from which Goombas respawn infinitely, as long as the tube is seen on screen. There is another tube on the right, blocking the path.
So, spawn as many as possible that get stuck walking back&forth between both tubes; then with the raccoon costume, jump from head to head, and keep as much momentum as possible while in the air, to give time for more respawns.

Easy lives right off the 2Nd level.
>>
>>3054358
Wasn't it one of the rewards from Peach after finishing a world? They rotated in a 3-item cycle didn't they?
>>
>>3054460
>>3054467
How was Reno?
>>
>>3054642
Dumbass
>>
@3053661
Your retarded
>>
>>3054663
>tfw you went there as a kid

They had good candy.
>>
>>3054447
You don't. You could find by sheer luck, but it seems unlikely that a player would just decide to crouch for a while on a white block.

But back then having all kind of tips and easter eggs made your game being talked about and created hype among the kids. And tips+cheats were of course a good selling point for the magazines. The japanese developers were putting secrets in games and was then giving the cheat exclusivity to particular magazines.
>>
>>3055803
bitch nigger i already said in the thread the princess straight up tells you the white blocks are magic.
>>
>>3055803
Fucking japs.
>>
>>3055806
That's so cryptic it isn't useful. You have to duck for like 3 or 5 seconds. Now you are going to say Simon's Quest amd Adventure of Link are reasonable games.
>>
>>3055376
Nah. The rewards were P-Wings, the cloud, and the music box.
>>
>>3055847
I thought it was 8 seconds.
>>
>>3055803
> The japanese developers were putting secrets in games and was then giving the cheat exclusivity to particular magazines.

citation needed
>>
>>3055985
So it was.
>>
I never ever ever before the internet figured out any of the true secrets, like Coin ships, flutes and anchors. I only found out about this stuff thanks to the internet. It really was obscure as fuck.
>>
File: game atlas.jpg (38KB, 260x330px) Image search: [Google]
game atlas.jpg
38KB, 260x330px
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.