[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Gear, huh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Solid-Snake-PSX.jpg (19KB, 640x764px) Image search: [Google]
Solid-Snake-PSX.jpg
19KB, 640x764px
Metal Gear, huh?
>>
The good old days when Snake was a legit chain-smoking, drunk asshole instead of the WHY DO I FIGHT~;_; ultrapussy obsessed with saving the innocent that they turned him into in later games.
>>
>>3053283
..I don't think you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: otacon.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
otacon.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>3053283
>>3053287
What's with these guys? It's like one of my Japanese animes!
>>
>>3053287
............for you.........
>>
>>3053303
For me?
>>
>>3053283
lolwut ?
>>
>>3053283
> Implying War has not Changed
>>
>>3053283
Projection: The Movie: The Game: The Post
>>
>>3053263
anyone else lol when the rats get alerted on like the 1st or 2nd level?
>!
>>
>>3053302
uh did you just piss yourself?
>>
>>3053283
Metal Gear has always carried an anti-war message.

Always.
>>
Second floor basement?
>>
I think it's more like "I'll string you up!"
>>
File: Sandy.jpg (19KB, 290x328px) Image search: [Google]
Sandy.jpg
19KB, 290x328px
He'd be sliced up faster than an onion in an infomercial!
>>
>>3054838
Second floor basement?
>>
>>3053263
Metal Gear? It can't be
>>
OCTUPLETS?
>>
Where can I find ammo for the PSG1?
>>
>>3054706

Sure Metal Gear has always carried an anti war message. But the poster you referenced was right. In Metal Gear Solid, Snake was just a drunk chain smoking asshole. It's not until halfway through that he starts caring about things and the mission.

By the time MGS hits the next gen, Snake is really a maverick hippy. He a characature of himself.
>>
>>3053283

>implying snake doesn't go on a monologue about how he thinks love can bloom anywhere, at anytime in MGS1, and say shit like "You have to allow yourself to fall in love"
>>
>>3055026
Please check >>3053737 because I think we played different Metal Gear games. If anything, MG2's snake is by far the closest to the strawman >>3053283 pulled, but a good character with great development.

MGS1's Snake is disillusioned human being who was struck down by both BB and Liquid's speeches and just wanted to be left alone.War always hunted his mind, and while he finds it exciting and the only worth living he doesn't want to fall on his father's footsteps. Then at the end he finally admitted wanted to find something actually good to live for.

MGS2's Snake is pure badass working for a just cause and 10/10 life mentor who takes no crap from anyone.

MGS4's Snake is by far the most depressed of the bunch, it's like he went back to his original MG2/MGS1 self, but he still had a strong will and determination.
>>
>>3055047
>MGS4's Snake is by far the most depressed of the bunch

If you aged 25 years in only 4, I think you would get a pass at being depressed about it.
>>
CRYPTIC METAPHAWWW
>>
>>3053283

Even in MGS1, Snake was miserable and tired of war. He'd been living on his own for years, getting drunk and wasting away in Alaska, until the army comes to him and more or less forces him to cooperate with them.

Throughout the game he reminds us of how shitty war has made his life. All of his "heroes" are either dead or in prison, he reacts extremely negatively to who he regards as merchants of war, and is entirely averse to Meryl idolizing the things he does because he doesn't think that they're anything grand or heroic. He wants to get away, but all of his enemies remind him that he was bred to fight and kill, and he finds that to literally be true at the end of the game. Basically he's being continuously drawn back into Big Boss' idea of perpetual warfare which he fought to stop, and in the end the game suggests that he is going to find a new life away from all of that.

Of course, MGS2 totally shakes that up by involving him and from there on out he's basically resigned himself to the fact that he's going to be fighting until the day he dies whether he wants to or not. Which isn't really a good continuation of MGS1 in my mind, but it's ultimately what they went with.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.