[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the best Might and Magic RPG ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1457382455258.png (40KB, 106x145px) Image search: [Google]
1457382455258.png
40KB, 106x145px
What was the best Might and Magic RPG ?
>>
Secret of the Inner Sanctum
>>
The Mandate of Heaven. It's what everyone thinks of when they think of Might and Magic.
>>
I absolutely loved Gates to Another World (read M&M II). It felt huge to me back in the day. So much stuff to do.
>>
Mm7 . it's like a now polished six. The world is a little drab and unfinished, but it's big enough. The base mechanics and character progression are way better.
>>
>>3052940
>what everyone thinks of
doesn't make FF7 the best FF7. Materia was wack and the villain was stupid. Actually fuck that series. nevermind.
>>
File: 2857.jpg (11KB, 430x263px) Image search: [Google]
2857.jpg
11KB, 430x263px
>>3052424

I only ever got into 7. Thinking of trying 6 or 8 again.

Choose for me anons.
>>
>>3052940
More people will think of Restoration of Erathia.
>>
>>3054609
You actually have a spot-on analogy though. M&M6 is the FF7 of the M&M series.
>>
10 :^)
>>
>>3052424
4+5

>>3055185
Actually X was alright, not retro though
>>
>>3052424
HOMM3
>>
World of Xeen for me.
>>
>>3055141
This is really true. And Xeen is like FFIV and FFVI.

Which means the correct answer is of course World of Xeen.
>>
>>3055297
cyka
>>
7 > 4/5 > 6 > 2 > 3 > 8 > 1 > 9 >>>>>>> 10
>>
Might and Magic; Heroes VII
>>
I've beaten most of the games in the series and I'm going to say that VI is the best, although VII is of a similar quality and World of Xeen is great too.

It would be hard for me to imagine someone who likes VI not liking VII. This is also somewhat true of VIII, although it's notably more flawed on a few different fronts.
>>
>>3056901
>RPG
Although it's not like there's any strategy to be found in MMH7, still, fuck off Ubishill
>>
Mandate of Heaven.

Anyone who says 7 is the best is a pleb of the worst degree
>>
>>3056246
Xeen doesn't have flying and Zoltan though
>>
>>3052424
o god i still remember the voice:

You break it you buy it
>>
pick a game from 3-7 randomly, you can't go wrong
>>
Homm series > mm
Mainly cus homm2 was one of the first pc games I owned as a kid. I think the gameplay is good in might and magic, but I think heroes 2 and 3 has infinitely more charm. Playing the various single player campaigns in heroes 2 and 3 is a treat. And it's one of the best uses of fantasy in a game. Excellent environments, music and fantastic writing. Tell me again why might and magic is better?

I think the REAL question is
Homm2 or Homm3?
>>
>>3061620
dude, if you play homm3, you have to play mm7. they go with each other nicely.
>>
>>3061620
because theyre two completely different genres?

also, what do you think all the locations/creatures/heroes in homm are based on? oh yeah the rpg series
>>
>>3061673
>also, what do you think all the locations/creatures/heroes in homm are based on? oh yeah the rpg series
It's basically the other way around.
HoMM was originally just King's Bounty with a new name, it had practically no connection to the M&M series until MM6 revisited the world of HoMM2.
>>
>>3061659
I will try it out anon
>>
>>3061678
The bestiary town names, and many heroes come from previous M&M. Of the top of my head, Crag Hack is from M&M3 default party. Vatawna and Gem are helpful NPCs, Sandro and Alamar are villains in Xeen...
>>
>>3061678
The bestiary, town names and most heroes come from previous M&M. For example, off the top of my head, Crag Hack was from M&M3 default party. Gem and Vatawna are friendly NPCs, Sandro and Alamar are villains in Xeen...
>>
>>3061860
>>3061940
Crag Hack was a default character name in MM1 and also one of Caneghem's D&D characters. The more you know!
>>
>>3061940
Alamar/Sheltem is the villain in the whole series.
M&M had a pretty generic bestiary with extra robots and the robots never showed up in Heroes.
Why did they even use sorceress as a class instead of druids?
There are a few familiar names and faces if you played M&M. They didn't even use most of the default parties (or hirelings from MM2/3).
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes1/magicheroes.shtml
>>
>>3061971
>Why did they even use sorceress as a class instead of druids?
It was a class in King's Bounty where it filled out The Girl quota, also druids were their own unit.
>>
File: kek.png (59KB, 141x138px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
59KB, 141x138px
>>3052424
It's VI.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.