[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3DNes Emulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: youtu.be-Ti2fwroyP2A.png (534KB, 784x720px) Image search: [Google]
youtu.be-Ti2fwroyP2A.png
534KB, 784x720px
https://youtu.be/Ti2fwroyP2A

How the fuck does this work??? Saw this on reddit.

Is this the future of retro gaming? Is this how we will play retro games in the future with our oculus rift headsets on? I'm impressed and excited.
I don't care what the nostalgiafags think, quite frankly.
>>
NES games are made from a background layer and a sprite layer.
Before rendering the scene, paint the sprites as a 2D plane in 3D space and draw the background layer as a 3D voxel-like map where colors give the depth information.

Obviously there's guesswork involved but cool nonetheless. Will never be perfect though
>>
>>3052148
>How the fuck does this work?
Probably by giving each sprite layer a depth.

>Is this the future of retro gaming?
No, it looks like shit.

>reddit
Say no more.
>>
>>3052171
He said he doesn't care about your opinion, nostalgiafag.
>>
>>3052148
>How the fuck does this work

Very poorly from what I've seen...
Also, look into FCE3D...gayboy shit like this is old hat.

>Saw this on reddit.

what you see on reddit should stay on reddit

>Is this the future of retro gaming?

Is this the future of the past? this is literally what you're on about and it's a retarded question.

No, the future of retro gaming is 4k screens emulating CRT's authentically :^)

>with our oculus rift headsets on

Wow Zuckerjew...just wow. No. No one should ever buy this piece of brain washing equipment.

>I'm impressed and excited.

I bet you're a cheap date, easy, and sexually available too.

>I don't care what the nostalgiafags think, quite frankly.

Yeah me neither...this just looks like shit, and the fact that you think oculus rift is a good idea is a sign of retardation.
>>
From going to random times on the video, I will say that, for the most part, it looked like shit. The idea is interesting, but it seems completely unnecessary, something akin to colorizing black and white films.
>>
>>3052148
It's a neat proof of concept, but even at it's best it will just be a novelty. Also, what application could it have in vr anyway? You could look around a little bit, but it wouldn't really accomplish much.
>>
>>3052148
Hey faggotron, there's already a thread, use the catalog next time
>>3051690
>>
One word:
>Minecraft
>>
>>3052148
Looks like it could be neat but it needs a lot of work. The video isn't all that convincing as is. It's not much more than a novelty, though. Certainly not the future of retro gaming.
>>
>>3052182
Christ, you're mad about absolutely nothing.
>>
>>3052170
I am highly suspicious of how easy this will be to implement. When 3DS came out Nintendo had plans to remaster a lot of their NES games in 3D. They thought it should be pretty easy too, but the process even with really simple games like Xevious was such a pain in the ass they gave up after the first batch.

M2 are good at it, but they're fucking M2 and it takes them a long time for each game.
>>
the future of retro gaming is CRTs
>>
>>3052495
I don't know the reasoning behind Nintendo for not releasing the 3ds nes games, but I assure you, software emulation with sprites rendered on a separate 3d plane is a one-size-fits-all solution and with the manpower at Nintendo, exactly what I would call "easy to inplement"
>>
>>3052541
I tried googling the article I read but couldn't find it. That's pretty much exactly what Nintendo expected though and they found in reality it was much harder than they anticipated. I couldn't give details though because I don't remember everything and it wasn't super specific, but that was the gist.

A shame too, I love the Genesis ports but I was really looking forward to more NES and eventually SNES games getting the treatment.
>>
File: lol.png (128KB, 1231x474px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
128KB, 1231x474px
>is this the future of retro gaming?
>the future of retro gaming
>future of retro
>future
>retro
>tuna salad sandwiches

Thanks for reminding me that I haven't had lunch yet, OP. By the way that is one ugly emulator plugin.
>>
>>3052148
It looks god awful.

The idea of adding stereoscopic dept to some SNES games while keeping them 2D (like in the virtual boy) was good, though. Too bad the project seems to be abandoned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUkRqY1bRak
>>
>>3052498
I kek'd. Delusion is a great thing.
>>
>>3052896
>Le another butthurt crtfag
>>
>>3052932

i think it's kinda cool

Thanks for taking one for the team and playing the "underage contrarian" role, though.
>>
This is how I imagined games when I was a kid. Looked way better in my child's mind though
>>
>>3052148
I like how this looks over a CRT filter.

I wouldn't use it all the time, but it's neat.
>>
I reported the egg sage poster. It's amazing how angry and worked up people get about this that they have to go so far, just because nes can be 3d now.
>>
>>3053035
I posted this based on OPs screenshot. It doesn't look good on a lot of games. The emulator would need to have specific patches for each game, like the genesis games on the 3ds.
>>
A lot of hostility in this thread. This is just the first draft of this emu. In 10 years it could look amazing. It doesn't seem all too different than what the 3DS does. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo started doing this. With a bigger budget they could make it look pretty nice.
>>
This is fucking retarded.
It looks so stupid.
This horseless carriage is a waste of time and energy from all involved!
>>
File: 266969-h1.jpg (114KB, 620x352px) Image search: [Google]
266969-h1.jpg
114KB, 620x352px
>>3052562
If you look at the OP's pic you can see why it was so hard. Making everything pop out at the same spots looks terrible. You actually have to go through and tweak the games piece by piece to make them not look like shit.
>>
>two threads on the same thing
fuck, why can't anyone use the catalog?
>>
>>3053146
It'd be better to actually watch the video.
When it gets to Zelda II, you've got Link walking through damn near everything. At least the emulator helpfully makes things partially transparent when a sprite walks through an object. I have no fucking clue how it would possibly know to do that, though.
>>
>>3053156
lol that sounds terrible. But no I don't need to look at anything more than that screenshot. Retro games made 3D can look incredible. But that's ass ugly.
>>
>>3052219
>>3053151
Two comments about the same thing.
Fuck, why can't anyone read the thread?
>>
okay how the fuck are you guys trying ROMs?

I don't want to give Dropbox my fucking credit card number and google drive is useless, it wont generate a direct link
>>
>>3052148
>[Enter text here]
dropped...
>>
>>3053124
Let's hope they do it. They are always late when it comes to stuff others have been doing since the stone age.

Oh you can play classic pokemon gameboy games now on 3ds? top kek i could do this since ages and even before that on my psp.
they probably needed so many years to censor the jynx sprite.
>>
Several games simply wouldn't work like this.

Shit, even in the OP the sky is coming into the room.
>>
>>3055406
bug fix this pham
>>
Pretty cool, but it'll never be used in a widespread way. It looks like it requires a lot of effort so only the most popular games will get the 3D treatment.
>>
>>3052148
>Is this the future of retro gaming? ..oculus rift headsets
haha no, theres no utility to perceiving depth in a 2d game

i dont meant that this type of emu cant generate two different angles and provide stereovision, but theres no experience gain, its just silly.

>>3052182
>No, the future of retro gaming is 4k screens emulating CRT's authentically :^)
this

what do you have against simulated stereoscopic vision? or is it just about the occulus and why?

>>3052170
color = depth?
isnt there several layers of sprite, and paralax and static background? depending on console

perhaps those would be a better choice, but would required testing more variants in a per game basis, and match settings with rom somehow.
>>
>>3052896
akshualy

the answer to didi's question is that objects dont fall to earth at the same speed (if the test is not simultaneous)

they only do if you disregard the infitesimal difference for object of less than a certain fraction of planetary mass, that is, for falls from the same spot ofc, inb4 equator vs artic

or if you do the test at the same time, since both asteroids would pull the planet simultaneous, that is, given circunstances where they wouldnt touch before planetary collisioin and would be therefore a single mass but i gidress
>>
>>3053212
Because they read the other thread about the same thing?
>>
>>3052485
This post should be a banner.
>>
File: madaboutnothing.png (5KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
madaboutnothing.png
5KB, 300x100px
>>3055974
Mods, go nuts.
>>
>>3052148
What would this look like with a top down RPG like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy?
>>
>>3053220
I have had a Dropbox for nearly 3 years. They never needed my credit card number, even after I upgraded to Pro (which used Paypal). Get a free account.
>>
>>3056012
satan appears in the depth of field 666
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQX8WoyWEPQ
>>
>>3052148
This looks terrible
Anon you're a little fuck.
>>
>>3052148
Has anyone actually gotten this to work? Every time I try it it just kills Firefox, and every comment I've seen in threads on /vr/ or /v/ sounds like it's just based on the video.
>>
>>3056232
Nevermind, turns out I needed to install 64-bit Firefox.
>try SMB3
>doesn't even get to Press Start before freezing
Welp. I like the idea, but until it works properly there's no point in using this emulator.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.