[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /vr/. I am one of the original devs of this game. AMA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 6

File: Super_Ghouls'n_Ghosts_(SNES)_05.png (15KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Ghouls'n_Ghosts_(SNES)_05.png
15KB, 512x448px
Sup /vr/. I am one of the original devs of this game. AMA
>>
>>3051843
What did you do?
>>
なぜあなたは、インターネット上で嘘をつくのですか?
>>
>>3051843
sup?
>>
it's too fucking hard man
>>
>>3051850
I was the one in charge of mapping the pixels.
>>
>>3051843
What's strongth and how do I get to well.
In my body?
Do I have to be a courageour knight or can anyone do it?
>>
>>3051870
The answer is yes
>>
>>3051867
What do you mean "mapping the pixels"? Did you transcribe graphics data from grid paper or something? Did you make your own graphics?
>>
>>3051894
Yes with the graphics
>>
File: 1327007100087.png (13KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1327007100087.png
13KB, 679x427px
>>3051870
>>3051854
>>
How does it feel to have singlehandedly destroyed hardcore gaming?

Making a sequel to an arcade game so casualized and easy that it's a meme today?
>>
>>3051919

Woah there hardcore boy, you're exceeding the limits of how hard can you try.

Post a time stamped picture of you beating this game and the score. Then we can talk.
>>
>>3051928
He doesn't need to. The fact that double jump and a charge attack exist in the game is proof enough that the game was casualized beyond repair.
>>
File: 1430642136666.jpg (42KB, 420x631px) Image search: [Google]
1430642136666.jpg
42KB, 420x631px
>>3051906
This is like pulling teeth.

Objects, backgrounds, or both?
>>
>>3051934

Why do you refer to yourself in third person?

Ghost and Goblins was always easy though. Play Zork if you want a real man's game.

Arcade games are for girls.
>>
>>3051919
>>3051934
Ghouls 'n Ghosts is easier than SGnG.

Personally i think SGnG was dumbed down, but not because of difficulty.
>>
>>3051919
I thought the meme was that its hard, not easy
>>
>>3051934

Ghouls 'n Ghosts already had charged attacks. And IMO, upwards/downwards aiming is a lot more useful than double jumping, in these sorts of games at least. The real problem with SGnG is that even without the usual SNES slowdowns the game is still unbelievably slow. Nearly every stage in the game is designed specifically to impede your progress in some way; It's annoying as hell and makes the 2nd loop even more of a chore to play through than usual.
>>
>>3051971
Don't forget the gold armor was OP as fuck in Super, and would let you get hit multiple times without losing it.
>>
>>3051843
Hey Tatsuya, you still owe me 100,000 yen motherfucker. Pay up or I'm going to call my brother-in-law in the Yakuza.
>>
Is the slowdown a feature or is it just there because the SNES is a shit console?
>>
>>3052006
Nintendon't know shit.
>>
File: latest[1].png (315KB, 503x500px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
315KB, 503x500px
>>3052006

There are slowdown free ports out there. So yeah, SNES problem, not a feature.
>>
Not retro, but the best GNG game is Ultimate GNG Kai.
>>
>>3051843

Did you tighten up the graphics on level 3?
>>
>>3051983
Im not a jap

>>3052006
There is no slowdown, must be your system broke.
>>
>>3052068
Nah but we're thinking the gnomes to dwarves
>>
>>3052083
There is a lot of slowdown. Don't be a retarded fanboy.
>>
>>3051843
Got any cool promo stuff you can sell me?
>>
>>3052023

>Arthur still controls like he's jumping on the moon.

Yeah nah, it's just too slow.
>>
>>3051843

>my dad works at nintendo
>>
>>3051843
What do you think of the Castlevania games?
>>
>>3052273
>>3052195
On old broken system, because kids don't take care of it. Its slow. On a good system, its good.
>>
Not OP(who is probably full of shit), but I work with a guy who worked on Phantasmagoria. Every time I ask him about it, he always mentions it was a shit game.
>>
>>3052634

He's right
>>
>>3052634
I used to work with a guy who worked on the cancelled PSP port/sequel/whatever of Syphon Filter.

Also this thread sucks, not because of OP's lies, but because all GnGs are good and to be celebrated.
>>
>>3052850

>but because all GnGs are good and to be celebrated.

Nice try, idort.
>>
if true then thanks for making one of my favorite games. i think its at #4 right now
>>
Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins > Ghouls 'N Ghosts > Ghosts 'N Goblins > Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
>>
>>3051843
You do know you're responsible for the million death of innocent controllers throw at TVs ?
>>
>>3051843
Have you ever played Maldita Castilla?
>>
>>3053265

Why do people do this?

All I read there is

>opinion opinion opinion

why do you think anyone cares? If anyone replies, it's likely just to tell you "lol bro you mah nigga I share the same opinions with you" or "you're a faggot with shit taste because your taste is different than mine".
Literally there's nothing else to reply to empty posts like these. Nobody cares in reality. Except me who took 2 minutes of my life to reply.

But really, it's something that always bugged me and needed to get it out of my chest. Sorry that it had to be you, you're not the only one who does it.
>>
>>3053330
Are you mad that I put Super last or something?
>>
>>3053335
Not him but I'm mainly mad that I will never play UGnG

Also proper list has the Gargoyle games on it too
>>
>>3053335

No, in fact I never played any GnG game other than the first one and a bit of Ghouls, but that doesn't change the fact I still don't understand the intention of making these kind of posts.
>>
>>3053330
Congratulations, you have solved the puzzle that is 4chan, now you can leave forever.

But you won't. See you tomorrow.
>>
>>3051935
Well if he is who he says he is, then he's probably Japanese. Maybe his English isn't so good.
>>
File: jane-lane.jpg (16KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
jane-lane.jpg
16KB, 225x300px
>>3053371

I wish, but I didn't solve anything. I still don't understand it.
>>
>>3051971
>Nearly every stage in the game is designed specifically to impede your progress in some way
Surely the point of a game is that every stage does that?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG_koeLd4m0

Actor Designer
Patriot Yamazou
Tall Nob
Hyper Bengie

Background Designer:
Junchan
Natsuchan
Chiechan
Kyutara's Mama
Katsukun

So which one does this guy claim to be?
>>
>>3053397
maybe he played one of the enemies
>>
>>3053356
Gargoyle games are shit, though.
>>
>>3053359
You're on a board where adult men still argue about consoles that haven't been relevant for 3 decades. Shit doesn't have to make sense.
>>
>>3052316
UGnG is modern trash, play Kai version.
>>
>>3053676

Are you serious? If so, why do you think so?
>>
>>3053882
Same reason why Metroidvanias are shit compared to Castlevania.
>>
>>3053895

Backtracking? RPG elements? Bishounen designs?
>>
>>3053397
Not me. Im not japanese. Not all of us were credited btw
>>
>>3053916

>Capcom
>in the 90s
>letting pig disgusting gaijin touch their games other than maybe some english advice on the texts

You fucked up OP.
>>
>>3053314
I am on medical leave for a week and finally finished all locomalito games after beating Verminest today. I hope he releases something new soon
>>
>>3052316
thats now how computers work, at all, were it an ibm-pc you could still argue, but fanless console, uh-uh
>>
>>3053374
>forum for discussion of classic games
>dont write opinions

what do you expect? only thread about technical specifications? and which combination leads to a better gaming system between those of the same ye... oh opinions never mind...
>>
>>3055786

I guess I understand his point.
It's not just about stating an opinion, it's about making really low quality posts that take no effort, and also have virtually 0 content.

These "[game 1] > [game 2] > [game 3]" type of posts really add nothing, it's like those survey threads where everyone post but nobody reads, because nobody really cares about what others have to say.

But at this point it's useless to complain about this, because these posts are unfortunately part of the "culture", like the misuse of green text and what not.
>>
>>3055875
>implying i misused greentext
is that what you mean? using greentext to anything other than directly quoting part of a message? like to put words in other ppls posts.
>>
>>3055915

Not really, I meant stuff like "mfw", "implying", etc.
>>
>>3055915

You seriously lack reading comprehension skills.
>>
>>3055920
but isnt that what i did back there ?
>>
I guess /vr/ is easy to fool. This dude is obviously a phoney.
>>
>>3056221
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>3052634
I once worked with a guy who was involved in the netcode for Ultima Online.
>>
>>3056249
hi OP. thanks for all your hard work on ghosts n goblins and thanks for so candidly answering the questions on our humble board. you are certainly not a fraud
>>
>>3056221

As usual, tripfags are always the ones who never get it.
>>
how do i 65c816 assembly?
>>
>>3057786
Were SNES games written in assembly? I thought C.
>>
>>3056532
>Not filtering all tripfags

This is exactly what filters are intended for.
>>
>>3051867
>>3051906
So here is the one million dorrar question for you :

Was that done with scanlines in mind?
>>
That was truly pathetic.
>>
>>3057802
Assembly is readable machine code. Why wouldn't you want the most out of less than capable machines?
>>
>>3051843
Would you rather suck 50 cocks or take 10 up the arse?
>>
>>3057854
I know what it is.

Besides, you can go low level with C - even as far as embedding bits of assembler code. And it's not as if optimising compilers aren't a thing.
>>
>>3057873

I don't think C became standard for video games until 5 gen consoles.
>>
>>3059134
Fair enough. I remember seeing it being used for the Yaroze actually.

I did some assembler in uni ages ago. I picked it up really quickly but I've never had any cause to use it since.

Same goes with PROLOG - the way it works fascinates me but I have no ideas what to use it for, practically.
>>
How do people learn about cool NES/SNES era games to play?
Sure I can download a goodset and filter out bad dumps but it doesn't provide me with descriptions and most of the top 25/100 lists are all cookie cutters with the same games in it.
>>
>>3059134
Nah, some Genesis and SNES games were definitely written with C, if you inspect their source codes, you can find C conventions.
>>
>>3059886
I have a cd with most, if not all Genesis/Atari/NES/SNES games to emulate on my play2, when i feel like playing some retro games i randomly pick one of these systems and a random game, then i play it and dedicate myself to it until i complete it, i will only drop a game and move to another if the ROM is bugged or the game appears to be very long and is too boring. Fuck that, time flies by and i have other things to worry about.
>>
>>3059886
Yeah it sucks but the reality is you have to do a lot of sifting through garbage.

You can easily filter out stuff like sports, but the thing is in the NES and SNES era some of the movie tie in games were actually decent (mostly cartoons, like Aladdin is pretty good, but Judge Dredd for instance, isn't)

I'm working on a youtube channel that focuses on recommended games, but right now most of my stuff isn't retro just because I haven't really been in the mood for retro.

Right now I would just say, scan through your rom list or wikipedia page, and either try and play or look up a gameplay video of whatever game names pique your interest. That's pretty much the best way and how most of us found stuff like Seiken Densetsu 3 or Terranigma back in the day before they becmae mainstream.
>>
>>3052634
I know a guy who was contracted to do a picture of Solvalou, from Xevious, for a cancelled port for console/PC. He otherwise does lewd art.
>>
>>3056308
We got a badass over hee
>>
>>3051843
What's up with the ice boss? When you first find him he's frozen and his legs crumble away. What was he supposed to be?
>>
>>3051843
Oh hai thar, Nintendo works at my uncle, AMA.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.