[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PRIMED

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

File: Magic.jpg (6KB, 106x122px) Image search: [Google]
Magic.jpg
6KB, 106x122px
PRIMED
>>
>>3050417

You hire me? I'm all there man, stuff gets done.
>>
File: nails.jpg (6KB, 106x122px) Image search: [Google]
nails.jpg
6KB, 106x122px
Primed.
>>
SERIOUS SNAFU HERE
>>
>>3050417
>It'd be cool if there were a replay or something; I'd like to see that again in slow-mo, like a couple of times, man.
>>
i play this every week almost for 10 years now
>>
File: Grunty.jpg (7KB, 106x122px) Image search: [Google]
Grunty.jpg
7KB, 106x122px
>>3050417
It is difficult not to pick Grunty in any given game. Heavy Weapons and Night Ops traits with decent starting attributes across the board, cheaply.
>>
File: Spider.jpg (6KB, 106x122px) Image search: [Google]
Spider.jpg
6KB, 106x122px
>>3055865
Aside from that, choosing either Cynthia Fox or Spider Houston for a squad medic is a conundrum. They are both cheap and potentially decent marksmen - and Fox's ability to dual wield weapons is very appealing for those who enjoy using pistols. But Spider has a cute southern accent and night ops trait, so...
>>
>>3055865
dude shut up. you've been shilling grunty for the past 10 years or something. shut the hell up about grunty. i've had to deal with you for 10 years. Jut shut upt about Grunty. He is overrated. He is nothing special
>>
>>3055916
Easy mate, how about we all get along and talk about JA, JA:DG, and JA2?
>>
Actually, I've never used any of the "second-rate" mercs in battle, just as packing mules. I remember one guy has a really good skill (never sleeps), but the other guys are all either psychos or rednecks.

Given, I only made a second team when I had to go into the prison, but that wouldn't justify those guys. Also, it took me a while to kick Hamous out, because I thought he would leave with his truck, which he didn't.

I don't remember my whole team, but I think it was:
Team 1 (battle): custom merc, Hitman, Lynx, Buns, Igor, Dimitri
Team 2 (traps and other stuff): Magic, Barry, Ice, Raider, Dynamo, Bull
>>
I generally use two squads of six in 1.13. One to assault cities usually at night time with lots of SMGs, and another less subtle squad of men with assault rifles and generally worse marksmanship who will defend counter attacks, raise militia, clear bugs, etc.

Raven-Grunty-Igor-Spider tend to choose themselves for night ops and more delicate playstyles involving stealth.

Grizzly, Bull, Ice, Buzz, Steroid + any medic really suit the unsubtle approach using ARS and grenades, and 3 of those are dirt cheap.

Just about every merc has its merits, even if they are not suited to being on point.
>>
>>3055865
THEY'RE GOING BALLISTIC ON ME!

also
>his dialogues when in same squad with Buns
>>
>>3050417
YOU GOT MY EAR
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ilj2w66T8
>>
>>3055983

I would just own everybody with Lynx, Ivan and Trevor if money wasn't an issue. It is more fun for me to deal with smaller budgets.

>>3056118

I'M FLOATING IN HOT WATER
>>
Oh man! Blood's bleeding blood!
>>
Fuck, should I play JA on DS, or JA2 on PC now? I prefer to play them in order, but I'm terrible at each.
>>
>>3056138
Play JA1 on PC like a man, woman.
>>
File: Drassen counter-attack (1).webm (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Drassen counter-attack (1).webm
3MB, 512x384px
>>
>>3056142
But I bought it on DS on launch day, and even hunted down some Sir-Tech members to send cash to for it to show my thanks.
>>
>>3056145
HAHA yep. THat's the best strategy in the game. Making enemies come to you with your guys lined up waiting.

Funny how 1.13 didn't change that aspect of the game.
>>
>>3056145
Does JA2 have shotguns? I know it has submachine guns and automatic rifles, and the pistols in that webm, but shotguns seem perfect for a situation like that.
>>
>>3056169
yes
>>
>playing JA2 vanilla 1.12 at normal
>its hard as fuck
>your guys miss like motherfuckers
>enemies marksmanship is crazy accurate

man what the FUCK

gave up in Alma
>>
File: grenade.webm (749KB, 530x430px) Image search: [Google]
grenade.webm
749KB, 530x430px
>>3056169
yes but they take a lot of APs to shoot
>>
>>3056492
It gets better once you start getting rifles. Those first battles where everyone is prone firing pistols suck.
>>
>>3056508
One of my main gripes with this fucking game is how everyone and their mother can hit you with a grenade and take out that -1 even from 200 meters away, but the effect of the grenade itself is useless.
>>
>>3055983
youre missing out by not hiring MERC guys. they are a ton of fun. razor is a genuinely great merc and is a monster by endgame. I basically always hire razor haywire and fidel in my main party. bubba for fights. and cougar is great in the endgame

no love for gus itt? hes an absolute destroyer when you need to invade meduna
>>
File: ja2 2016-03-12 17-26-15-25.png (95KB, 413x400px) Image search: [Google]
ja2 2016-03-12 17-26-15-25.png
95KB, 413x400px
>>3059349
>razor haywire and fidel
This Anon guy, he numba one!

>bubba for fights
I prefer Bull because with his 99STR and HtH skill he can knock out some enemies even with just one punch

also if you're playing 1.13 with JA1 mercs, Mouse is fucking excellent at stealth approaches
>>
File: 1328611846606.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1328611846606.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>3050417

I try so hard to get into JA2 but I get my shit turned in every new game I try to start.

It's even harder than the original Xcom, and that game is retardedly hard.
>>
File: 1331777082844.jpg (10KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
1331777082844.jpg
10KB, 256x197px
>>3059468
>>
>>3059468
bottom row reminds me the hillybilly farm near cambria

that's what those inbreds would look like
>>
>he doesn't go full Gumpy
Just call him Harry
Dirty Harry
>>
>>3059491

The 1.13 mod makes JA2 more accessible for sure. You can choose better starting weapons for mercs, so that you are not dropped into the game with just pistols. Of course you can also edit raise starting money in the INI editor.

Aside from that, you could always attack at night with breaklights or goggles.
>>
>>3059786

I found Wildfire to be extremely challenging, however. The towns are far bigger, and conquering towns becomes a case of methodically clearing houses one by one. One for JA2 veterans for sure.
>>
>>3059786
> 1.13 makes ja2 more accessable

haha what?
>>
>>3060140
Why would you want a game to be more "accessible"? That just brings in people who have no right to be playing it, who will bitch and moan that it is too difficult, produce terrible videos about it for the internet, and mod/alter it to be a shadow of its former self.
>>
Shitbag, I use all ammunition for veapon!
>>
>playing 1.13 at all
snapperheads
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.