[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fighting games suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: 1957_front.jpg (79KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
1957_front.jpg
79KB, 640x638px
Is there a bigger cancer than fighting games?
>>
Go back to >>>/v/
>>
>>3050250
How about you explain to us in detail all the ways you think fighting games are terrible so we can all laugh at you for the millionth time? I'm game if you are, friend.

So what's your biggest beef?
>>
>>3050250
Well, you exist. Can't get any bigger than that.
>>
File: dkcar.jpg (18KB, 291x191px) Image search: [Google]
dkcar.jpg
18KB, 291x191px
>>3050250
Doom
>>
>>3050256
>Go back to /v/
Nope. OP is right where he belongs on /vr/. If you haven't noticed, all the shitposting has taken place on /vr/ now.
>>
>>3050889
Meanwhile /v/ has been shockingly friendly of late. It's a weird fucking world, man.
>>
>>3050889
>>3050903
It's like we've entered bizarro world or something.
>>
this thread again?
>>
>>3050250
Yeah: you
>>
File: 1452738122652.jpg (33KB, 378x408px) Image search: [Google]
1452738122652.jpg
33KB, 378x408px
>>3050250
>tfw bloody roar 2 is actually your favorite fighting game
>>
Fighting games are fine. It's their fans that are cancer. They're among the loudest and most belligerent sect of gamers out there. They love nothing more than to absolutely smother anyone who's curious about getting into the genre, then turn around and bitch that new gamers just don't want to make the effort anymore to join their clique.
>>
ALICE
the bunny
>>
>>3050250

We get it, you are bad at fighting games.
>>
>>3051513
It sounds like you've been asking around the wrong places. We're pretty friendly to people interested in fighters around here and even though some people are dicks, fgg over on /vg/ has a lot of people happy to help and advise new players.
>>
THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH SINGLE PLAYER when it's done right
>>
>>3052421
Oh no, I don't care that much about fighters. I've seen it happen to others though.
>>
>>3052434
Well if you read /vr/ a lot we have one really vocal troll who starts topics like this to complain about them and he gets laughed at and mocked at lot. But that's specifically because he's not interested in fighters or learning them and just likes bitching up a storm over them.

That could give you a skewed perception of how new players are viewed. But anyone actually interested in learning is embraced.
>>
>>3052430
The only really bad thing about single player is that it's a bad learning tool for trying to play versus other people, because playing against humans and AI is completely different. But there will always be people who play them like stage based beat em ups though and that's fine.
>>
>>3052454
Fighting games do suck in single player though...
>>
>>3052454
Uh a lot of people that play fighting games use CPUs to practice hitconfirm.
>>
>>3052464
I would say fighting games suck single player if you're used to multiplayer. But if it's all you know or care about then they just are what they are.

>>3052468
Of course, practicing hit confirms and combo execution are what training modes are for. But you can't really get good at beating human players just by fighting AI a lot. It will help you build a good foundation to work from, but learning to deal with real players is just a different bag.

And from my experience, too much AI fighting carves grooves in your play style that are easy for other players to exploit so it can actually be something of a crutch at some points.
>>
>>3052483
So what is the best way to "git gud" at fighters?
>>
File: 8946597.png (297KB, 500x610px) Image search: [Google]
8946597.png
297KB, 500x610px
>>3052538
Play online, CPU can only teach you so much.
>>
>>3052464
Depends if the game only has an arcade mode, but if it's like Alpha 3 with World Tour or VF4 Evo's Quest mode, then it's a pretty fun time sink.
>>
>>3052538
It depends on what you want to "git gud" at. If you're talking just played single player then there's not much more than playing it a lot. Once you get used to a specific game's AI you'll get better and better at beating it.

If you're talking about becoming a skilled player of fighting games and going against other people then I would start with single player and training modes until you have the controls down. Get so you can do all the moves without thinking and can hold your own against AI well.

Then move onto online or a local scene if you're somewhere with a large population. I recommend finding someone a little better than you, if you can and playing them a lot. After that though it's all just playing and practicing. If there's some combo or specific thing you want to work on, get into training and grind away on it a while. Otherwise just hop into fighting people and always try to get better.

One note though, if you do plan to get good at fighters make sure you don't have hang ups about loosing. Because especially in the beginning you're going to be loosing a lot. Just don't think of it as really loosing, fighters aren't games you can ever really "win" and the only way you truly loose is if you give up. Even when you loose a round, if you take away a bit of learning from it then you're getting better.
>>
>>3052731

Jesus fucking christ. It's LOSE. Not LOOSE. How manage to mispell the same word five fucking times is beyond me.
>>
>>3052782
I'm a little bit lose with my spelling.
>>
>>3052782
You shouldn't loose your head over this.
>>
>>3050250

>Is there a bigger cancer than fighting games?

The communities.
>>
>>3056193
This. I'm not fond of tournament scenes.
>>
>>3050250
You could have at least posted a bad fighting game.
>>
>>3056631
But he did
>>
1st person shooters
>>
>>3050250
It's (You)
>>
>>3050250
No bigger bait than this. Unless you count my cock.
>>
>>3056193
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.