[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro license games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 13

File: 21287_front.jpg (94KB, 640x472px) Image search: [Google]
21287_front.jpg
94KB, 640x472px
Name some good retro games based from movies/tv/comics/anime/manga
>>
Aladdin
discuss
>>
>>3050234
Genesis version was better
>>
>>
>>3050238
Sometimes I forget how fucking neat it is to have 4 character simultaneous fights on a sega genesis.
>>
File: BatmanRobinSNES.jpg (101KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanRobinSNES.jpg
101KB, 350x256px
>>
>>3050230
The Genesis Jurassic Park games and Super Star Wars, Empire and Return of the Jedi are all long loved classics to me.
>>
File: 50794_front.jpg (72KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
50794_front.jpg
72KB, 640x468px
I only wish they added a few more scenes from the movies, like the truck chase.
>>
>>3050237
No it wasn't
>>
>>3050836
Yeah it is
>>
Goldeneye
Ninja Turtles 4
Animaniacs on Genesis
Terminator on Sega CD
Die Hard Arcade
Ducktales
McDonald Treasure game
Spider-Man Kingpin on Sega CD
Power Rangers Movie on Genesis
Turok
Mickey and Donald World of Illusion

Just to name a few that I like.
>>
This right here. Probably the only licensed game I'd put in any of my top 10 games for a specific console. Initially 6 playable characters, with Magneto unlockable early on. A surprising amount of depth in the differences between characters, despite the game being a simple side-scrolling action game. Also, 2-player co-op.
>>
>>3050237
SNES version was easily better.
>>
Duck Tales
Rescue Rangers
Ninja Turtles 2-4
Sailor Moon beat 'em ups & RPG
Goldeneye
Gundam Battle Assault 2
>>
File: konami0023.jpg (203KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
konami0023.jpg
203KB, 1000x760px
>>3050230
Batman Returns is probably one of my favorite SNES games and I've somehow managed to go twenty fucking years without ever owning a copy of my own. I used to rent it all the time as a kid, because I was a sucker for anything Batman related, but it really was a solid beat-em-up.

Also this ad really wasn't lying, those sound effects were fucking brutal and they still feel so satisfying to this day.
>>
A childhood favorite of mine. The Bug's Life game was okay but not as good as this one.
>>
>>3054270
Great game. But that camera; kill it with fire.
>>
This shit, right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AATqdTyhgFo
>>
>>3054270
This game has a really good soundtrack. The Genesis game does too.
>>
>>3050428
Should've been made into three games.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
>>3050245
Also the Genesis/Mega Drive, Sega CD versions.

THE TERMINATOR (DOS and Sega CD). THE PUNISHER (Arcade, DOS).
>>
>>3054294
Wasn't there an option in the pause menu where you can change it from passive to active camera so it's behind your back?
>>
>>3051252
>Animaniacs on Genesis
I was going to post this.
Also a good licensed konami game on genesis: Tiny Toons Buster's Hidden Treasure.
>>
File: asterix-europe-enfr-v1-1.png (312KB, 350x503px) Image search: [Google]
asterix-europe-enfr-v1-1.png
312KB, 350x503px
>>
>>3050238
my nigga
>>3054270
>>3054318
>>3054543
>>3054508
>>3051252
also Lion King
Castle of Illusion
Quack Shot
that 3D Donald Duck game for the Dreamcast
Mickey Mania
all the capcom marvel arcade games even the punisher
Fist of the North Star on PS1
Jojo's Bizaree Adventure
Bonkers on the genesis
There are more but the ones mentions and the ones I included are good ones
>>
File: gb.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gb.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>3054557
>Bonkers on the genesis
no
>>
>>3054565
MD Ghostbusters is legit
>>
>>3054565
whats wrong with bonkers maybe besides the driving game. its not the best buts it enjoyable. btw i still need to play that MD GB game
>>
>>3050237

I agree. SNES version would have been just as good if there was a sword in it, instead of the boring and repetitive head bonking mechanic to kill enemies.
>>
Stargate. By far one of my favorite games (film is good too)
>>
File: 6865.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
6865.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>
File: bb dos.gif (2MB, 387x221px) Image search: [Google]
bb dos.gif
2MB, 387x221px
Blues Brothers for MsDOS and Amiga is fucking awesome. I know there's a NES version as well, but by the looks it's a tad too "nintendofied" for my taste. The graphics are bit better on Amiga, but otherwise they're identical. They even have local co-op mode.
I could even go as far as say that it's one of the best platformers I have ever played. The levels and music are also true to the movie, which is also one of the best movies ever made.

Stay away from Blues Brothers the jukebox adventure and Blues Brothers 2000 for N64.
>>
File: bbjail.png (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bbjail.png
32KB, 640x480px
>>3055325
Oh yeah and Amiga version has also better music and sound effects.
>>
>>3054662
Cuz I remember that he used that sword so much in the movie. He rarely did anything acrobatic.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.