[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Crystalisboxart.jpg (77KB, 329x485px) Image search: [Google]
Crystalisboxart.jpg
77KB, 329x485px
Did anyone else enjoy the shit out of this game? Still my favorite NES title.
>>
inb4betterthanZelda
>>
It's pretty good.

It's not better than Zelda though, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
>>
I bought it from a video store when they decided to sell their business. It was $10 and the receipt said it was called Crusiolis.
>>
>>3048551
It was a pretty good game, but it had its small share of bullshit moments that were hard to figure out. Like the part where you have to throw a certain spell on someone in a bar in order to find someone in that bar you were looking for or something like that? I don't remember the exact details.
>>
I fell in love with this game when I first played it.
>>
>>3048551
I don't remember enjoying the shit out of it. I remember playing it. I remember it being okay. I played it when I was a kid but I also played some years later as an adult. It's been some time since then, I just remember I kind of got stuck trying to find a way through the forest or something like that and then I ended up not playing it anymore because other games. I'm usually always playing 2-3 games at a time and some of them just fall out naturally. This was one of those times.
>>
The GBC version really improved the story and cleared shit up so you wouldn't get so easily lost. The music was inferior though and completely unforgivable. What bastard approved that?
>>
File: frog3.png (88KB, 1000x984px) Image search: [Google]
frog3.png
88KB, 1000x984px
I could never get past the poison forest.
>>
>>3048551

yeah it is quite a good game
>>
>>3050158
The only thing I didn't like about the GBC version was that they removed the monster's immunity to certain elements.
>>
>>3048551

Why is it called Crystalis? that name makes no sense. The original name is God Slayer.
>>
>>3050327
Did it make the game too easy? Like, to the point where even morons who don't know what they're doing can easily beat it?
>>
>>3050507
But you slay no gods. In fact, "God" turns out to be a giant mechanical floating tower.
>>
>>3050659
I don't know about all that. I just liked the added depth of having to choose your swords to suit different enemies
>>
>>3048551
>did anyone else
No, it was only you.
>>
I HATE STOM!
>>
Literally the best game for the NES.

>>3050507
Because NoA had a strict no-religion policy. "God Slayer" would make all the housewives think their kids are being indoctrinated into satanism.
>>
File: Crystalis_Simea_Minecraft.png (58KB, 360x644px) Image search: [Google]
Crystalis_Simea_Minecraft.png
58KB, 360x644px
Crystalis was far and away my favorite title on the NES, with Faxanadu being a very close second.

>>3048585
It was better than Legend of Zelda. Obviously, Zelda went on to have a successful franchise while Crystalis didn't, but there's not really anything that LoZ did that Crystalis didn't do better.
>>
>>3048740
I was at Funcoland back in like, '96 and somebody was going to trade this game in, the store was going to give them like, $3 for it, I offered them $5. Profit was had by all except the store :D
>>
>>3048551
Loved the game. The only bullshit part of the game I didn't like was the "You must be Level X to damage this boss" approach.

I get that there needed to be some pacing mechanism to the game, but entering a boss fight to hear "TINGTINGTINGTINGTINGTING" as you stab the bastard just meant you had to die, reload, and grind for another 30 minutes before trying again.
>>
File: s5xaP.gif (16KB, 284x205px) Image search: [Google]
s5xaP.gif
16KB, 284x205px
Y'all comparing this game to the wrong franchise. If anything, Crystalis/God Slayer was more like Ys than Zelda.
>>
>>3055349
Beat this game 3 times and that never happened to me. Did you skip killing all trash in dungeons or something?
>>
>>3055554
Not really. Gameplay-wise it's almost exactly like the post-NES Zelda games. Really ahead of its time.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.