[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro Bond Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: .jpe.jpg (70KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
.jpe.jpg
70KB, 640x445px
Which was your favorite? I think I actually preferred this one to Goldeneye for multiplayer, but I never see any discussion about it.
>>
>>3047687
Das ist shiesse
>>
File: James-Bond-007-The-Duel.jpg (212KB, 747x1000px) Image search: [Google]
James-Bond-007-The-Duel.jpg
212KB, 747x1000px
>>
>>3047687
The World is Not Enough N64 is arguably the best. Poorly coded game, but so much ambition and a real sense of Bond atmosphere. It is very similar to Nightfire.
>>
File: nightfire.png (144KB, 256x329px) Image search: [Google]
nightfire.png
144KB, 256x329px
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (112KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
112KB, 1360x768px
>>3047687
I spent a lot of time playing TWINE for the PS1. Was a pretty solidly put together FPS for a console in the days before dual-stick controls. I never finished it, I think the furthest I ever got was one of the last levels where I couldn't beat that huge black guy.

The gadgets were cool if underused, and the guns were suitably chunky. The levels were a bit hit-or-miss. The Blackjack level was fun and just long enough to stop before you got bored, and the level in that base where you impersonate the Russian guy was well put together.

But my God, the 'stealth' level half way through. Christ almighty what a fucking slog. Dumb dumb dumb. And the level on the fucking skis.

What were the differences in the N64 version? I've never seen it.
>>
>>3047687
I was an idiot back when it came out and instantly dismissed the game for not being Goldeneye. Kinda wanna give it another chance in the future.
>>
>>3047687
I remember renting TWiNE back in the day, but I didn't like it. Can't really remember why, it just didn't feel right Probably because it wasn't Goldeneye. Of course, I don't think I ever played multiplayer, so maybe that's where the meat of the game was.

I'm actually a big fan of the bond games for PS2/GC/XBox, but they don't really count because not retro.
>>
>>3048687
I didn't play much of the PS1 version. A cousin of mine had it but I don't remember much outside of the first level. I do remember the level design being significantly different though. Check out a walkthrough on YouTube.
>>
Not retro but Agent Under Fire was GOAT.
>>
>>3049526
Agent Under Fire is not a good game at all. It's literally a proto-COD with dumb linear levels, set pieces, blatant handholding and obsession with gimmicky gadgets, Not sure how much nostalgia one would need to have to convince themselves it was a classic.

Nightfire was much the same, but at least they improved it a lot.
>>
>>3049526
>Not retro but Agent Under Fire was GOAT.
Nah everything or nothing dicks on all bond games imo.
>>
>>3048005
great game but not retro

i remember one DOS james bond being pretty great but it was probably only released here in England
>>
>>3049526
>>3049661
Agent Under Fire started out as a 6th gen port of Eurocom's World is Not Enough, but the dev team ended up straying so far off it became a different game entirely. A much clunkier game, arguably.
>>
File: JamesBond007Gameboy_1a.jpg (15KB, 248x225px) Image search: [Google]
JamesBond007Gameboy_1a.jpg
15KB, 248x225px
James Bond on the Game Boy is my favourite retro outing.
>>
>>3049526
The only thing Agent Under Fire had going for it was the grappling hook thing that let you be Secret Agent Spider-Man in multiplayer.
>>
on TWINE vs goldeneye

singleplayer n64 goldeneye with two controllers was awesome, infitine level variatns of bunkers didnt.

multiplayer 4way on twine was endless fun, trying to hit someone with the swiss scoped rifle, seeking target with max zoom so tat the faggot doesnt recognize himself by looking quickly at your screen, ahhah

spliting the signal to two TVs, using cardboard to cover half the TV and 2x2 on mountainous map with those green underground tubes, everybody with unlocked skins with white clothes for cammo

>>3047786
>Poorly coded game
in what manner?
>>
>>3050232
>tfw this is actually not that bad a game

Honestly, it is pretty James Bond plotwise, you're globe trotting, you're doing James Bondy stuff like playing cards and international espionage.

Surpisingly fun, but defintely a budget title.
>>
>>3051784
>>Poorly coded game
>in what manner?
Engine is janky. Every single entity in the game has to be loaded into memory separately. (So every fire extinguisher is a distinct entity.) Game has AA disabled. Normal mode masks banding with shitloads of noise. High Color mode is chuggy as hell.
>>
replayed TWINE on ps1 a year ago. I ended up enjoying it a lot, first time playing it after almost 10 years.

I actually liked the stealth levels. I dont want to get into n64vsps1 because i never played the nintendo version.

What I particularly enjoyed about the game was the atmosphere. Music is fucking top notch excellent and shits on all ps2 titles. There is this thriller-ish, almost spooky vibe to it.

Controls are fine, you can either edit the weapon selection or just pause the game and manually change to whatever gun you want. However framerate really goes to shit in a lot of missions.

What did you guys think of Tomorrow Never Dies?
>>
File: 1181242169165.png (19KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
1181242169165.png
19KB, 256x240px
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.