[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck were you supposed to know to go downstairs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: redsroom.png (2KB, 386x383px) Image search: [Google]
redsroom.png
2KB, 386x383px
How the fuck were you supposed to know to go downstairs?
>>
How the fuck were you supposed to know how to turn on the system? Let alone that you had to put the cartridge in it.

In fact, how were you supposed that you had to open your eyes in order to play the game?
>>
I think I'd rather have the retron threads back instead of this dumbass /v/ meme.
>>
File: Primer_piso_pokemon_blue.png (11KB, 385x385px) Image search: [Google]
Primer_piso_pokemon_blue.png
11KB, 385x385px
Real Talk: I was actually stuck in the house for a while back when I first played it. I had no idea that the floor mat thing indicated an exit. This was as a kid in the 90s.
>>
>>3046382
That's a legit thing for many people, OP's example is retarded because it didn't happen to anyone. Sage because stupid thread.
>>
All the trouble i had with games as child was that they were in english/other languange but since i couldn't understand those either games were mostly try and error. I mainly learnt english through games first, then at school.

As for pokemon it was a game where english wasn't really needed, but other rpgs.. Oh man, playing FF3 as adult and it's really a blast since I can really understand everything they say.

Regards finfag
>>
>>3046356
>>3046382

Pokemon was a social game; if you were too stupid to figure something out, you ask a kid at the playground while you're playing the wotc card game, or at your friends house watching the 4kid's anime.

if you played Pokemon in a social vacuum, then you either weren't born in the era of the game, or else you have autism that falls beyond normal autism.
>>
>>3046382
Worst thing was that none of the game guides even bothered to explain how to get out of the goddamned house.
>>
>>3046417
It came out in the late 90s you could've just looked it up on the internet unless you lived in a 3rd world shithole
>>
>>3046356
>first, explore everything
>second, click everything
>third, get it

was that too difficult?
>>
>>3046420
Internet adoption wasn't that widespread even in the US yet (at least by today's standards). So no, a lot of people (a majority) couldn't simply look shit up. And even then, this is AOL era internet we're talking about, even if you did look something up it could be false, like pikablu and all that shit
>>
>>3046356
After two hours trying to figure out how to use the potted plant I threw this piece of shit game in the trash
>>
>>3046431
>poorfag detected
If you lived in middle-class america dialup was pretty common by '98. I would know because that's how I looked it up and felt stupid afterwards.
>>
>>3046356
Can we talk about how.impractical that staircase is?

Look at it. It leads into a wall.

Fucking Japs
>>
>>3046445

Are you stupid? It leads into the basement.

Red was a basement dweller.
>>
>>3046446
I am stupid. Did you have to insult me like that? I'm very insecure about its.
>>
>>3046356
I was stuck here for a long ass time. Finally had to ask my wife's son how to proceed.
>>
>>3046407
But you'll never truly understand because you didn't learn Japanese. Your life is full of regret.
>>
>>3046464
My wife is my son, so I wasn't sure who to ask
>>
>>3046384
How can it be? You have a bunch of tiles at the bottom of the screen and two are completely different.

And what do we put at the front of doors? FUCKING MATS.
>>
>>3046356
the stair case isn't even facing the right way
fucking japs. two weren't enough
>>
>>3046382
Same here. I guess my underdeveloped 6 year old mind back then couldn't process welcome mat = exit. I was kind of confused why everything in the game was surrounded by a black void as well. People at that age probably shouldn't be exposed to video games.
>>
The SNES that's right in front of you when you start the game tells you.
>FAGGOT played the SNES...
>Okay! Time to go!
>>
>>3046420
I was 6 years old and though my household had been connected to the internet a few years by that point, my parents didn't let me use the computer for anything other than educational games and never taught me what the internet was. I didn't really start using the internet extensively until 2002 or thereabouts.
>>
Are all you fuck nuts retarded? What else was there to do? I couldn't even read the first time I played red and I got out.
>>
>>3047314
We were only pretending ha ha.
>>
>>3046417
>none of the game guides even bothered to explain how to get out of the goddamned house.
Because the game and the guides would assume that you have a pulse.
>>
>>3046440
this tbqh familia
>>
>>3047314
It's some kind of gay reddit meme I think.
>>
>>3046414
or C, like me in 1999 you lived in a small town where nobody played videogames in public.

a' cunt were into the cards, though. Got a promo Mew at a market in another town and swapped it for a half dozen shinies. Yaaaass.
>>
I got mad the first time I tried saving. I thought that over-writing the previous data was something terrible and all my stuff would disappear even though I hadn't really done anything in the game.
>>
>>3046356
You didn't have to go downstairs, you could also stay in your room and play video games.

That's the cool thing about pokemon : YOU can choose how to live your life!
>>
>>3046440
Many houses had dialup but kids were typically not allowed to use it at their whim because it blocked your phone line and cost money.

Also this was a time where not every house had a pc.
>>
File: marco g.gif (53KB, 500x573px) Image search: [Google]
marco g.gif
53KB, 500x573px
>>3046359
im fucking dyin over here
>>
What makes you think you were supposed to?
>>
How the fuck I am supposed to know how to breath?
>>
>>3048124

You're all now breathing and blinking manually
>>
>>3046356
>How the fuck were you supposed to know this was a shitpost
Because it's on the new /v/
>>
>>3047314
That made me laugh way too hard.

Good one anon
>>
>>3046356
well you could stay in that room forever, playing with that snes, or browsin that pc over there. Just like you in real life.
>>
>>3046382
do people put floor mats against walls without doors? only other place I could think of putting a floor mat would be in the bathroom.
>>
>>3047654
>but kids were typically not allowed to use it at their whim
Well no shit but if you had it you typically were allowed to use it at some point every evening if your parents gave the all-clear, it's not like nobody ever used the internet because they were afraid of missing a call 24/7. And that's if you only had one line.
>Also this was a time where not every house had a pc
If your parents had enough disposable income to buy you a gameboy, pokemon and an overpriced guide then they had enough disposable income for a shitty PC and dialup. This is 1998 we're talking about here, not 1989.
>>3046518
>my parents didn't let me use the computer for anything other than educational games and never taught me
m8 I learned how to use intranet and eventually the internet in elementary school in the early 90s. It wasn't rocket science if you already knew how to type and click on icons. This is assuming you were literate enough to be able to understand video game guides, of course.
>>
>>3048973
They often put a rug in front of a fireplace. For fire hazard purposes
>>
>>3049645
Fastest way to start fires in The Sims

>>3048990
Parents sometimes make these things called "sacrifices" for their kid's happiness.
>>
File: image.png (91KB, 409x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
91KB, 409x340px
>>3046382
Rly tho
Rly
>>
>>3048967
this is me except i dont have a snes so i emulate it
>>
All you stupid Americans!
In my country; local phone calls were/still are UNTIMED!
As a kid in the 1995-1999 timeframe, one could sit on the internet all night and day for one flat fee of 25cents. This of course didn't count the ISP fees. But by the late 90's, you could be on as long as you liked!

So many cheats and guides were downloaded by me and stored locally on my computer. Sometimes even printed and handed out at school.

It really wasn't that hard to use the Internet in the 90s. You people were either too young, or too American and worried about phone call costs.
>>
i've beaten pokemon in japanese without understanding a single shit from the game, only on trial and error

kids have enough free time to bruteforce simple games like pokemon. i honestly can't imagine anyone being stuck for more than some hours even for the house entrance thing (which i can understand using a stupid kid logic, i probably wasted some minutes trying to figure the exit too, but you try EVERYTHING and something works eventually)
>>
>>3046382
not surprising you are still playing these games today.
>>
I get that this is a meme but were you people retarded?
Pokemon was completely intuitive to me.
Now if this was that sonic 3 barrel I would be totally agree
>>
>>3050161
>I get that this is a meme but were you people retarded?
No
As you said, it's a meme. Fishing for people being outraged by it. Just like you did.
>>
>>3046431
This, there was always that one kid at school who had the internet and printed out a bunch of "cheats" or rumors on pikablu and such. It was interesting when missingno started spreading around school and every kid on the playground had a game that was glitched to hell or had bugged pokemon, infinite master balls, rare candys, etc.
>>
File: 1455566371330.jpg (62KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1455566371330.jpg
62KB, 604x604px
>>3046359
>>
>>3046356
Because most people didn't munch on paint chips when they were kids. You were an exception.
>>
>>3046440
Fuck off. Today's lesson is titled "Your Personal Experience Is Not Necessarily Indicative of Everyone Else's".
>>
>>3051267

Haven't seen that cunt in a while.

Is he still making thousands a month from patreon and living with a 10 year old azn?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.