[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait. What? MAME supports autofire now? Holy shit, this changes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 6

File: logo-mame.jpg (36KB, 800x276px) Image search: [Google]
logo-mame.jpg
36KB, 800x276px
Wait. What?

MAME supports autofire now? Holy shit, this changes everything. All those games that I didn't bother playing on MAME because I didn't want to fuck up my hands, like Raiden and Tiger Heli. PS Yes I know about the mame versions that have autofire but I didn't bother with them.

List some good button-mashing arcade games for me to play. My faves are Out Zone, Metal Slug series, Fix Eight, etc.
>>
why would you do that, mashing buttons is fun, i imagine beat 'em ups 10x more boring with autofire
>>
>>3040337
zero team 2000 actually has an autopunch button in addition to a regular single punch one
>>
>>3040339
Isn't that a bootleg though.
>>
>>3040337
>implying I play beat 'em ups

Yeah, no.
>>
>>3040348
nope
>>
>>3040351
It's not that good on shooters either, in some of them it's downright cheating breaking the difficulty, such as Darius Gaiden.
>>
>I didn't include autofire on purpose because button mashing adds an extra layer of skill and strategy to the gameplay
-- guy who created Cho-Ren-Sha 68k
>>
>>3040361
chorensha doesn't have mashing though, more like nonchalant pressing.
>>
>>3040361
>Yet all Japanese arcades add hardwired autofire to their shmup cabinets

HURR

also, once devs realized how dumb button-mashing is, all devs added autofire options in their shmups.
>>
>>3040396
>Cave added standard bullet auto-fire
ok
>>
>>3040402
>psikyo, raizing, capcom, taito, etc
>>
doesn't allow to have multiple buttons at different rates, so no boss quick kill trick in mushihimesama
>>
>>3040420
>playing any shmup made after 1998
>>
>>3040440
>telling me what to do
2bh I don't even play shooters anymore.
>>
>tfw mame ruined all my custom patches when they switched to C++ for some reason
fuck em im not upgrading
>>
is there a mame that supports pausing the fucking game so i can answer my phone, take a shit or go make a sandwich?
>>
>>3043005
yes even vanilla does it

just press P
>>
>>3043005
idiot. have you never even once configured the controls in mame?
>>
>>3040559
What patches?
>>
>>3043276
Just some shit I did myself because I was curious of how C and MAME worked.

I put the legal warning on a switch in the .ini file, so I could switch it on and off at will. I made the DoDonPachi Arrange hack a separate game, I made Tamagotchi emulation easier to use (because at the time the checksums were wrong or something, the MAME rom set was also missing a rom).

I did a few other things, too. I just don't remember what.

It was mostly usability improvements, nothing spectacular.
>>
http://mamedev.org/?p=423

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=351062&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&vc=1

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=351082&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&new=#Post351082
>>
>>3043319
honestly the relicensing effort is better in the long run for the software itself

we now have a clearer idea of where the emulator stands legally
>>
>>3040361
Did he really say that?

Now I feel totes guilts because I always play ChoRenSha with autofire...
>>
>>3040360
>It's not that good on shooters either, in some of them it's downright cheating breaking the difficulty, such as Darius Gaiden.
Oh look a clueless cunt appears. In most cases it's a benefit and simply makes long sessions more comfortable than getting rsi from mindlessly tapping. Darius gaiden is a rare case and FYI many machines in japan are hard wired with custom auto fire buttons and it's not officially considered cheating.
>>
>>3040440
>>playing any shmup made after 1998
>missing out on ketsui the greatest shmup ever made.
>>
Why is this even news anyway? Mame has had autofire support for fucking years.
>>
>get the new MAME version
>it uses the winpcap driver
>its fucking broken and an error pops up every time i do something to tell me about it
great QA
>>
File: rave racer back.jpg (452KB, 850x1117px) Image search: [Google]
rave racer back.jpg
452KB, 850x1117px
>>3043365
Ketsui is the reason I had my MAME configured awhile back, lost all that though, didn't think I'd need to back up my game machine.

Do 3D games work on MAME? I'm a big Ridge Racer fan (get a load of this faggot) and I'd like to at least play Rave Racer, even if its unanimously agreed to be shit.
>>
>>3043392
wait, it does?
i had recently installed and removed wireshark so i assumed it was a broken uninstall on my end

also when did they update the [still primitive] UI?
>>
>>3043464
they've been at it for a year at the very least

the version i downloaded is just an overall downgrade though, holy shit there's so many problems
>>
MAME is a nightmare for me.
No matter what I download, I always get the "Missing rom or CHD" message.
FFS I just want to play some Star Gladiators 2.
>>
Which version of MAME should I use?
I'm using FB Alpha atm because I like FB Alphas interface but it doesn't support all games.
>>
>>3043473
download a complete set with emulator and stick with it
>>
>>3043404
MAME is mostly written by people who care about documenting the hardware accurately, and aren't willing to do the sort of inaccurate high-level emulation required for performant 3d graphics.
>>
>>3043404
>even if its unanimously agreed to be shit
huh?
>>
>>3043364
>custom auto fire
No wonder why japs are casual shits.
>>
>>3040361
I think there's no point in not having autofire unless there's some other sort of mechanic that comes from holding, like Dodonpachi's laser.
But even then, they still add a separate autofire button.

I don't understand how mashing is supposed to add anything, the only difference is you get carpal tunnel faster
>>
>>3046742
It really depends on the mashing, if it's way too demanding it can be a problem, but if it's a relaxed mashing it's not bad.
>>
>>3043772
Can someone fork MAME so there's a version that does fast 3D?
>>
>>3046848
sent (;
>>
>>3040337
Final Fight with autofire is some stupid shit

But in games where there's literally no reason to ever not be mashing the button it's pretty silly

Like Space Harrier, my thumb can't take it
>>
Someone seriously needs to take MAME and remove all the bloat from it (read: MESS). Also add GPU acceleration for 3D.

Call it MEME to avoid copyright infringement.
>>
>>3046865
Err, GPU support for 3D acceleration.
>>
>>3046865
Dank Mame
>>
>>3046865
>Call it MEME to avoid copyright infringement.
kek
>>
>>3046865
You can compile only the arcade portion of it.

It's fucking retarded that you can't filter out the MESS portion in the newer versions, so your game list is full of systems you'll never use.
>>
>MUH PRESERVATION
>This expression indicates a MAMEdev's pretentiousness and lack of understanding. When confronted with someone criticizing MAME for being a jack of all trades master of none, the MAMEdev mumble, "muh preservation", or "muh accuracy mudafuga" This is usually followed by long, angry butthurt posts about how the other party is an ungrateful little shit, how MAME is more than just a video game emulator, and how MESS is good let alone even relevant.
>>
>>3046917
>>3046923
>how MAME is more than just a video game emulator, and how MESS is good let alone even relevant.
gee you could almost swap this part out with retroarch/libretro
>>
>>3046930
forgot to include
>This is usually followed by long, angry butthurt posts about how the other party is an ungrateful little shit
in that
>>
>>3043404
I know is playable, but not perfect.
>>
>>3046892
If you rename the rom directory and only put games in it you want, the shit doesn't show up.
>>
>>3047087
What? Only if I rename the ROM directory?

That's retarded.
>>
File: 1388460466496.png (920KB, 480x357px) Image search: [Google]
1388460466496.png
920KB, 480x357px
Sorry for being a scrub, but I'm just trying to play some old arcade games from when I was a kid.

Why the fuck is there a list of games I don't own and does it not pick up games in zip files?
>>
>>3043368
Not the "official" version you dumbass
>>
>>3047087
Doesn't work. Explain please.
>>
>>3046865
>>3046892
Boo-hoo, you precious OCD faggots.
>>
>>3047362
sorry i don't like clutter and bloat, mamedev
>>
>>3040334
Newfag question:
What actually is MAME?
They say its an aracade simulator (emulator?).
But you can also play PS1 games etc with it?
Does it have its own emulator or does it use ports of know emulators under the hood?
Sorry for beeing stupid.
>>
>>3048224
I've never heard of MAME running PS1 games. A quick google search makes me think you're thinking of MESS, which is different.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (45KB, 737x384px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
45KB, 737x384px
>>3048280
It used to be, but now MESS and MAME is the same thing.
Thanks anyways.
>>
>>3047087
That doesn't work.
>>
>>3043297
What i need to see modern game not to look 240p? Mushihime sama futari, ikaruga and etc
>>
File: mame 3d.png (95KB, 1302x680px) Image search: [Google]
mame 3d.png
95KB, 1302x680px
>>3043404
>>3043772
>>3046848
>>3046865
3D acceleration is coming, but very slowly.

Screencap of one of the developers.
>>
>>3052151
You mean the bilinear filtering?

Just open up cmd, run mame -cc.

This generates a .ini file. Open it up, search for the filter value and toggle it to 0.
>>
>>3052478
Thank you very much
>>
>>3052474
>Believing anything that R. Belmont says

lol
>>
Guys, is there a way to hide the BIOS and Computer/Console stuff from the Available list? So that only the games you have in your Roms directory will show up.
>>
>>3056079
I got a response to that question here >>3047362

Presumably MAME devs lurk here.
>>
>>3056092
I don't mind the computers/consoles and BIOS things being included in MAME. I just would like an option to hide them all in my Available list so that only games that are actually available will show up.
>>
What am I missing here? I've had autofire on my mame for years.
Its even on the android ports, although its not very well implemented.
>>
>>3058024
autofire was never in the "official" mame until now.
>>
>>3040361
And the fire mashing is the one thing I dislike about Cho Ren Sha.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.