[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret of mana

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: Seikendensetsu2.jpg (1MB, 1205x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Seikendensetsu2.jpg
1MB, 1205x1072px
Am I the only one that never really understood the story in secret of mana?
As a kid I always assumed it was me and the story was too complicated for me and I lacked the context to properly understand it.
I always felt like I was missing some information or background for the characters actions or relationships.

When I replayed it as an adult it still seemed very cryptic to me.
Either I'm missing something or something was lost in translation or people don't give the game enough credit for being super cryptic on confusing before that was even a "thing" with jrpg.
>>
>>3035383
It's well documented that large amounts of text were cut due to it orginally being designed to be a SNES-CD game and the cart version not having enough space to fit it all.

So no. You aren't the only one.
>>
>>3035389
But square ported that thing to android even.
Why didn't they just remake their orignal version?

Or why didn't they release it on psx instead?
Why would they do that and is there a way to read the original script?
>>
>>3035389
that, and the translation lacked variable width font, so sentences read like a pop-up book's

Was the tree Randi's mom? Like, was she always a tree? Or did she become one?
>>
>>3035401
>why would they do that
Why would you put work into a quick cash grab? Gee, I fucking wonder.
>>
>>3035404
Why not just straight up rob people in the street?
>>
File: RoM_Popoi_render.png (697KB, 1024x740px) Image search: [Google]
RoM_Popoi_render.png
697KB, 1024x740px
>>3035403
fun fact: the sprite child was a girl in the german version.
>>
>>3035383
This shit is super tedious to play with single-player
>>
>>3035420
>this makes it not gay, guys
>>
File: 1272136761501.png (159KB, 456x600px) Image search: [Google]
1272136761501.png
159KB, 456x600px
Fun fact: Seiken Densetsu 3 will never get a proper western release.
>>
>>3035593
Who cares?

I played that shit like 15 years ago.
>>
>>3035389
copout
>>
>>3035593
Game sucks compared to SoM/SD2.
>>
>>3036331
Oh boy you sure are contrarian and cool. I hope I can be a fraction as hip as you when I grow up.
>>
>>3035383
I never felt the plot was hard to understand, but I did feel like it was very rushed in the 2nd half of the game. I mean, I literally stumbled into and out of at least 2 major dungeons without intending to find them or finish them in one run. It was just "I'mma try heading to the next town in this direction and OH HAI DUNGEON! Well I'm sure it's going to be hard and I'm not prepared to NEVERMIND well then, I guess villagers are just lazy."
>>
>>3035383
would ya just look at it?
>>
>>3036719
I never understood who the bad guys are to be honest or what their motivations were. Or how dyluck played into the entire thing.
>>
Shhh.
It's a secret.
>>
Woolsey himself has said how translating this game almost broke him.
>>
>>3037473
Based Woolsey, I just finished a run of Chrono Trigger the other day and remembered how great the translation was. Frog is best
>>
>>3036704
Reading this comment made me agree with the other guy.

Did you have an argument?
>>
Basically you pull the mana sword because your dad convinces you to in order for you to find your mother. And it causes monsters to be more aggressive and people/monsters are fighting for control of the mana temples/mana seeds/elements in order to re-awaken the mana beast and take control of the world but your father knows that if you ride a white dragon, wield the mana sword and seek out the mana tree you will be able to stop them.
>>
>>3037473
Rewriting half of the lines to fit his characters' headcanon sure was tiring.
>>
>>3035383
>people don't give the game enough credit for being super cryptic on confusing before that was even a "thing" with jrpg.
I don't remember it being cryptic in Japanese, so I'm going to go with translations being shit as usual.
>>
File: bich.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bich.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>3037386
Empire being manipulated by an evil wizard/lich.
Lich needs a new body because he's just a spoopy skeleton.
Chooses general of empire's army as new body.
Takes control of ancient sky weapon.
Uses it to literally blow up your mom who is also a tree.
You find a dragon to use to get to the sky weapon.
You fight the evil wizard.
His new general body rejects him.
Save the day.
You win.
>>
>>3043750
Why would you want a puny human body when you have such an awesome form like that?
>>
>>3043750
great head canon j/k
>>
>>3043761
Maybe the bones were wearing thin and he just needed a new, sturdy skeleton.
>>
>>3043750

>tfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RC5E3rp8l0
>>
>>3037357
Awesome! Too bad it's
>PAL
>>
>>3036704
SD3's story is shit and its mechanics are worse.
>>
>>3035383
Call me a Philistine but I've never cared about stories in games. I'm always skipping through text and cutscenes just to get back playing.
>>
>>3048230
I guess you don't play many JRPGs.
>>
>>3048230
jrpg games require you to read or even glance through dialogue or you will miss important clues on how to defeat upcoming bosses and new locations or secrets.
>>
>>3036331
>>3047672
Thank God. I thought I was the only one left.
>>
>>3049831
Lots of people prefer Secret of Mana. It's just that fans of Seiken 3 are so loud and obnoxious, it's not worth the hassle of fighting them. Sort of like trying to have a discussion about FF7 when a FF6 fan shows up.

>lmao sefiroth a shit, kefka a real villen
>fite me fagits u no its true
>>
>>3035389
60% of the game was cut .

How do people feel about the remaster of FFA AKA Adventure of mana?
>>
>>3049842
This and also for a long time emulators were shitty and very few people played it. So those who did really wanted to talk up how amazing it is. But in reality SoM was a much better game overall.

>>3050074
I don't know about Adventure of Mana, but the GBA remake Sword of Mana was decent but not great. They added a crafting system that felt tagged on and had an annoying day/night cycle. No Secret of Mana, but for what it was, it was okay.
>>
>>3050130
Adventure of Mana was a 1/1 remaster with a few things added to better the gameplay.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.