[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rayman thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: Rayman1_PS1Box.jpg (84KB, 494x496px) Image search: [Google]
Rayman1_PS1Box.jpg
84KB, 494x496px
Rayman thread.
>>
What do you want to talk about, OP? I think the games are pretty good, and I haven't had one complaint about the visuals. Always a good looking game. I'm just at a loss because I can never figure out which version of each game is the best.
>>
>>3032719
I heard Rayman 2 on the N64 and Dreamcast are great. I played Rayman 2 for a few minutes and just couldn't get into it, but I'll try again.
>>3032670
Sup /v/
>>
>>3032670
What a sad little man you are. I bet you'd vote for Trump.
>>
I love Rayman 1 and the two modern games, but since I like classic 3D platformers too I figured it was time to check out Rayman 2.

Really couldn't get into the PS2 version, will I have better luck with the N64 original release? Considering 3DS as well
>>
>>3032768
>mentioning trump on 4chan at all.
There goes the thread.
>>
File: simeon-yetarian.jpg (137KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
simeon-yetarian.jpg
137KB, 1280x720px
>>3032670
You racist! Kek. Shitposter trying to derail my thread.
>>
>>3032773
The Dreamcast version is usually considered the best and i believe the 3DS version is based on it.
>>
File: samHyde_TEDx.jpg (137KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
samHyde_TEDx.jpg
137KB, 970x546px
>>3032870
You can troll better than this
>>
>>3032761
/v/ is a great board asshole
>>
4 of 11 replies actually concerning the thread or even board topic matter. This place has become such a shithole. I just wanted to talk about Rayman
>>
We had the PC port once but never got past like level 2 or something.
>>
>>3033056
>N64
>crappy
Just fucking kill yourself, familia.
>>
>>3033060
It had no games outside of some Nintendo and rareware games.
>>
>>3033056
You're not helping.
>>
File: Screenshot (16).png (273KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (16).png
273KB, 1366x768px
>>3033060
>They even break the rules posting the Dreamcast. They must be purged at all costs.

They are not breaking the rules at all. Have you even read the rules? No, you need to be purged.
>>
>>3033064
It also had great Activision, Treasure, Konami and Midway games.
>>
>>3033069
https://www.4chan.org/rules#vr
>This board is for the discussion of classic, or "retro" games. Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other games on platforms launched in 1999 or earlier. Sixth generation and later consoles are not considered retro.
>>
>>3033076
Plz stop replying to bait posts that aren't contributing to the thread
>>
>>3033096
You're not contributing to this thread
>>
This is nothing new. /vr/ has been in the same shitty state for months. I suspect there's only one janitor, and it's the same one who's been over /vr/ all this time.

I can't even count the number of times I've been banned for "quality of posts" for discussing things like gay characters in retro games in a positive light - which was on topic to the specific game the thread was about (even threads *I've* started) - and meanwhile blatant shitposting, blatant advertising, /pol/ crossboarders and other nonsense go completely ignored.

This is to say nothing of all the casualties against Dreamcast...

I've actually contacted the staff about the issue before, but they never respond. Even during moot's administration. Nobody gives a shit about this board. You can bet /pol/ and /v/ are getting plenty of attention though. I guess /vr/ is just an "acceptable risk." It doesn't matter what happens to the quality of our board because we're just not popular enough to matter.
>>
>>3033096
Dude, nobody wants to talk about your fucking Dynamite Headdy ripoff.
>>
>>3033079
Are you seriously ignoring the image and just choosing to go with the rules in the link you posted?

The rules in the link you posted are at odds with the rules in the image.

Something needs to be done about that. So people can stop bickering over whether the Dreamcast is considered retro or not.
>>
haha gayman
>>
I miss when /vr/ just talked about games, and the worst people got about consoles were friendly 'Genesis vs. SNES" threads. Ecelebs, "6th gen belongs here because they should (aka I'm just shitposting for attention, I don't really care if 6th gen is talked about)" and hatred does not belong here.
>>
>>3033170
>>3033187
So the rules be updated so that the Dreamcast is the one and only exception to the no 6th rule and this can finally be put to rest.
>>
Rayman 1 on PS1 killed me. One of the most brutal platformers I've played in recent times.

If you don't hoard your lives and continues for later stages in the game you're fucked. Got stuck on one of the long ass art world levels and haven't picked it back up since.
>>
>>3033275
The game is hard as fuck, but also worth it. Kind of refreshing for a platformer. Don't forget that the game does encourage you to go back to previous levels. Part of that is the ability to collect lives.
>>
>>3033618
What? If this is bait, well done, you've got me. I was actually born after that 1990 mark you've said and I made sure I didn't say anything truly negative other than the 6th gen thing. I just want to talk about retro games.

Personally, I'd love to talk about the PS2, Gamecube, Xbox and GBA, but how others have forced threads that never really contribute much, and complain for no reason because they disagree with the sticky, I've grown a
resentment for those threads and the idea of adding the sixth gen.

Look at how this thread has gone. Completely derailed from just talking about the Rayman games. I was actually the one that asked OP what he wanted to talk about. They're fun games and deserve a mention and thread, not this chaos that has been happening in this thread and board.
>>
First two games were really neat.
>>
My first game on PS1. Still have the original CD. I was 6 at the time.

Me and my dad would take it in turns to play, I remember us getting stuck on the mosquito boss for ages (scrubs I know). One night I wake up in the middle of the night to my dad in my room playing it. He beat that boss there and then, great times.

This game does have a fond place in my heart but I'm yet to beat it without the use of cheats. It is one of the hardest - GOOD - platformers I've ever played. Fun as hell though.

What's your favourite stage? Mine has to be Picture City. Despite its ridiculous difficulty.

This game had GOAT OST too
https://youtu.be/LsCsf4RlnLU
>>
I played the first one for a while. I loved the heck out of the first stage and even Band Land, but after that it got a bit too difficult for my tastes. Hearing that I have to rescue every single one of those blue guys to beat the game put me off, I'm not a collector. The Great Escape was okay.
However, Rayman Origins and Legends are spectacularly good. Probably the best platformers I've ever played.
>>
>>3033612
>Don't forget that the game does encourage you to go back to previous levels. Part of that is the ability to collect lives.
How so? Saving your lives is one thing, but Rayman goes above and beyond there, actually saving what extra lives you've collected. There's no life farming and when your remaining lives are then kept track of, you really just have to reset your console if you lose too many lives trying to get past a stage if you don't want instant game overs towards the end of the game.
>>
Never much cared for the first game because rayman 2 was the first I'd actually played. Never actually finished it though, I was on a shitty pc so flying the rocket in the big robot boss battle was hard as all hell. 3 was a ton of fun, and I actually enjoyed raving rabids a lot too until I realized they killed the franchise with it.

I bought rayman revolution for the ps2 as well at some point, but never did much with it
>>
Are any of the handheld games good?
>>
>>3037053
Yes, all of them are worth checking out.
>>
Just beat Rayman Legends. Such a great game, when the hell are we gonna get another Rayman platformer?
>>
>>3037134
lol you don't know? the series went mobile. it's shit now
>>
>>3032657
Rayman was one of the first games I ever had, never managed to finish it, didn't go past a music level, the night one, IIRC. I love the new ones, quality music again, good atmosphere and LOCAL MULTIPLAYER is god-tier.
>>
>>3037146
>went mobile
I expect a good full-on PC release, even if nothing was announced.
>>
File: received_10201240142801165.jpg (32KB, 764x480px) Image search: [Google]
received_10201240142801165.jpg
32KB, 764x480px
I'm home.

Rayman is love, Rayman is life.
>>
Time to get REAL comfy, muhfuggas.

>Origins and 10th Anniversary edition - M, 2 & 3
Can it get better without a vagina? Also, I'll be replaying Origins with an x360 controller, are there any mods for the game?
>>
>>3037146
Weren't both Jungle Run and Fiesta Run released between Origins and Legends?
>>
Before this thread gets deleted for going off topic...

Is anyone interested in making custom mas using Rayman Mapper?
>>
Rising for Globox
>>
>>3037619
>sure, I'll create that super mario 1-1 stage!
>>
Saw Rayman Rush and Rayman Arena at the flea market yesterday. Are they worth looking at at all? I haven't heard a thing about them. And is Rayman 3 worth looking at? I liked 1, 2, and Origins if that's helpful.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.