[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES Cart PCB

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: cart.jpg (354KB, 1468x867px) Image search: [Google]
cart.jpg
354KB, 1468x867px
I came across this old SNES cart board. I don't even know what game it is - can anyone help me find out?

Which way into the SNES does it go? PAL fag here (if that makes a difference). I want to see if it works.
>>
Clean the pins, parts/chips side faces the back of the console.
>>
>>3032613
Pretty much every single Nintendo cart has chips facing the back of the cart.

>I dont know what game this is
The only way to know is to plug it in.

Literally thats it. A shitload of games use the exact same board and chipsets and the only difference is what rom is written to the mask rom.
>>
>>3032619
>The only way to know is to plug it in.
I'm worried about blowing something if I get it the wrong way around. You're sure the chips should face backwards?

Before I try I'm gonna get some alcohol and clean. >>3032618
>>
>>3032621

Yes I'm fucking sure. Jesus Christ man, just fucking open one of your other SNES carts and take a fucking look.

>PALfag
Why am I not surprised.
>>
>>3032621
CAREFUL sudden movements and your game boy becomes game BOMB
>>
It's Super Mario World
>>
>>3032626
>Yes I'm fucking sure.
Well "pretty much every" sounds like there's a certain small element of doubt. Just making "sure".

Also, I don't happen to own a bit to open carts. I have one to open the SNES but that's too big.
>>
>>3032613
Not putting my money on it, but it's probably just SMW with no battery.
>>
>>3032630
Gamebits come in 2 fucking sizes when you buy them, one for the carts and one for the console.

So you're either full of shit, or just a complete fucking dumbass.
>>
>>3032613
>can anyone help me find out?

Just Google the fucking rom id.
SPAL-MW-1 = Super Mario World PAL
http://www.snescentral.com/pcb.php?id=0000&num=4&side=front
>>
>>3032636
I have the larger one only. I'm sorry, can you not entertain a reality in which that can happen?

Anyway the game doesn't work. So can someone (probably not you, obviously) advise on how to fault find? There were some dodgy looking tracks on the board but I did a continuity test on them and they were fine. I'll test the other components now...
>>
>>3032626
>fucking
>>3032636
>fucking
>>3032650
>fucking
>>
>>3032635
>>3032650
Ah, now you mention it, ages ago (well over a decade) my little brother turned off the TV but forgot to turn off the SNES one night and left it running all night and into the next day.

It didn't work after that. Something burned I expect.

Does anyone have any ideas what most likely burned out in that scenario?

I'll do some basic tests with a multimeter anyway.
>>
>>3032663
I should add it was Super Mario World yeah. I'd forgotten about that - I thought I'd just thrown it out but I must have saved it, thinking I'd find some way of resurrecting it later.

Is there hope? I'm a decent solderer (for through-hole anyway).
>>
File: schematic.gif (15KB, 807x487px) Image search: [Google]
schematic.gif
15KB, 807x487px
>>3032613
>>
>>3032613
>>3032749

It's PAL Super Mario World. You can tell from the lower right chip's silkscreen: SPAL-MW-1.

You're battery is missing, so saves won't survive if power is removed.

Also it's interesting that your SRAM (top right) is so much different than mine. I expect some variety in stock parts, just not that much.
>>
All OP did was ask a question. Why is this board so full of spastic kids.
>>
>>3032749
The 33k resistor coming off the emitter is reading closer to 8k. The other one is okay though.

I could try and replace it. I also noticed a nick in a track, but it went to the edge of the board without even connecting to anything. Looking at the schematic, it's not connected (1Y2 on the 74LS139A). Phew.
>>
>>3032783
These parts are pretty rugged. Prolly doesn't matter.
>>
>>3032793
Well I replaced the resistor and yeah, no difference. Don't know what to do. Could I get a shit game and swap the ROMs?
>>
>>3032840
Bro

Its fucking

Super Mario World.

It was the pack in game.

It's not worth the effort to save. You don't even have a fucking shell for it.

Just go pay your 5 bong dollars and get a new one.
>>
>>3032869
My local retro market stall doesn't have it.
>>
>>3032873
Then wait until you do it get it someplace else. You're wasting a lot of time on something that's just not worth it. If you're that poor and desperate you could look into getting a Japanese version and swapping ROMs. Unfortunately finding a Japanese version in your eastern european village is unlikely.
>>
>>3032949
Ah. If only I could afford an Eastern European village...
>>
>>3032869
http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-World-Nintendo/dp/B00002STXQ/ yet it keeps going up price.
>>
>>3032985
People are morons. news at 11.
>>
>>3032990
regardless this is what people are willing to pay for SMW in the collectors market now.
>>
>>3032964

Are you retarded or do you not understand English properly?
>>
>>3033029
We are not speek english very goodly in my cuntry of dumbfuckistan.
>>
>>3032763
Its VR, 50% of the people on here are spastic kids. The other 50% are nostalgic old fags.
>>
>>3032763
the /v/ kids migrated to this board.
>>
>>3032763
>All OP did was ask a stupid spastic kid question
>Why is this board so full of spastic kids
People like OP and you. If he posted in the right thread it would have just been a retarded post not a shit thread.
>>
>>3033029
It was a joke you witless fuckstick. The implication being that you (clearly) weren't worth taking seriously.
>>
>>3032671
he more than likely blew the fuse
>>
>>3035702
Of the SNES? No it was fine (I'm still using it). Only the cart was fucked.
>>
>>3032626
>>PALfag
>Why am I not surprised.
Kill yourself
>>
>>3034572
>lol i troll u
Good luck fixing your worthless cart with your yak shoeing tools.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.