[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly is wrong with Ridge Racer 64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: Ridge_Racer_64_(NA).jpg (74KB, 640x443px) Image search: [Google]
Ridge_Racer_64_(NA).jpg
74KB, 640x443px
What exactly is wrong with Ridge Racer 64?
>>
Nothing? It's a port of RR Revolution with a new "on-rails" drift physics engine, but you can choose to have the old physics instead.
The soundtrack is kinda small compared to the disc versions but it's still pretty awesome. Also it was developed by a western Nintendo studio themselves.
>>
Nothing. Its a great game.
>>
Has Reiko on the cover, there's nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>3031528
Why so defensive, I've never seen this game get hated on, not once.
>>
>>3031528
The longer you play it, the more increasingly aware you become of the fact you are not playing F-Zero X when you could be.
>>
>>3031528
It's great.

>>3031615
Fuck off.
>>
>>3031761
Whoa, buddy don't shitpost. This isn't /v/
>>
>>3031763
>hurr durr no game will ever be as good as the F-Zero series
No pal, YOU don't shitpost.
>>
>>3031615
Kek. I've never played RR64 but FZX is my fave racing game ever.
>>
>>3031764
I said NO such thing.

Maybe the ever present and looming truth that you are not playing F-Zero X while playing RR64 causes you insecurity and doubt?
>>
>>3031528
It isn't Ridge Racer Type 4.
>>
>>3031528
I don't know. I never played Ridge Racer, but I'm pretty sure I've jacked it to her as a teen.
>>
>>3031528
ITS NOT ROAD RASH 64 MOTHERFUCKER
>>
Worst musics of all Ridge Racer.
>>
It's okish, WiPeOuT64 is better
>>
the game is literally impossible at the end
>>
>>3031531
Did you even play at least one of these games?
How can you name new physics "on-rails" when it's opposite?
How is this is a port if it had just one track with similar layout (but diffferent looks) and the cars are also diffrent. Not to mention RR64 was released after RR Type 4.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (299KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
299KB, 1920x1080px
>>3031614
It gets looked over because of pic related.
Though to be fair Ridge Racer 4 is fucking amazing.
>>
>>3033715
>because of pic related.
Not how you use that phrase. Learn how to speak English, mongoloid.
>>
>>3031528
Ridge Racer always looked good to me, and damn that girl looks good. 10/10 would race for her as the prize.
>>
>>3033717
That's actually a completely appropriate use of English, you fucking mouth breather.
>>
>>3033663
>How can you name new physics "on-rails" when it's opposite?
Isn't it? There's an invisible line on the track and the car automatically latches on to it when you start drifting, similar to how the psp games worked.
>>
>>3033663
You're correct, though, only one track is based on Revolution, the others are brand new.
>>
>>3033764
You described PS1 versions of RR1 and Revolution.
New mode in RR64 is normal arcade drift like in RR7, NFS 3 and many other racing games.
>>
Well, disregard that, I'm wrong. Just tried it on emulator and RR64 is still on rails. And I cannot see the much difference between modes except in RR64 mode car rotates slower.
>>
>>3033787
You sure about that? Could swear I remember doing a full 180ยบ sideways turn while drifiting in the new mode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTPUMzrRHZc
>>
>>3033715

To be honest this, nothing can compete.

Its not a bad entry in the series but its not the best either.

Am I the only one who can't play Ridge Racer DS for shit? Its like you the touch the pad at all and you slam full force into a wall.
>>
>>3033795
You can do a reverse 360 powerslide, its a bit silly, but try it in the Pac-man ghost car
>>
>>3033715
Agreed ridge racer 4 is godly, my fav is rage racer though.
>>
Z class is impossible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0wGc_qz2Sc
>>
>>3032375
Where did a these shitty name fags come from all of a sudden?
>>
n64 sucks lmaoooo
>>
>>3033717
reddit tier
>>
>>3031528
its the best game in the series, senpai.
>>
>>3034017
muh nigro. that awesome designed track
>>
File: average Ridge Racers overtake.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
average Ridge Racers overtake.webm
1MB, 640x360px
Are there any rumours of Namco working on a new Ridge Racer? I want a new game that doesn't go crazy with the drifts and nitro.
>>
File: 54534.jpg (100KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
54534.jpg
100KB, 640x908px
There was a Ridge Racer game released on gamecube has anyone played it? Is it any good?
>>
>>3033715
>Though to be fair Ridge Racer 4 is fucking amazing.
The last good ridge racer ;_;
>>
>>3034589
Ridge Racer Vita killed the series

it's gonna take a while but even when it does come back, it'll be RRV/6/7-tier at best anyway
>>
>>3035045
rrv is awesome
>>
>>3035045
Ridge Racer Vita is a solid game, it was just a major rip off at launch.
>>
>>3035053
RRV was literally a cash grab. RR2 for the PSP on the other hand was the perfect nostalgia offering, containing every track from the PS1 games and even replacing the radical versions of the Crinale and Angelus craft with traditional designs. It still has the nitrous system and weird drifting physics, which are love it or hate it (or don't mind it).
>>
>>3035010
>The last good ridge racer ;_;
Not true V although not retro was superb.
>>
>>3034182
>muh nigro. that awesome designed track
Indeed and dat soundtrack, hurricane hub on repeat all day.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.