[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOMEBREW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (44KB, 700x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 700x386px
So I was curious about emulation untill I discovered homebrew. I'm wondering what's so special about it? Are there any good homebrew games out there? How safe is it?
>>
>>3028567
Homebrew emulation allows you to turn your PSP and Wii into the ultimate emulation machines.
>>
homebrew is a nicer name for piracy
>>
There are definitely homebrew games out there, completely original games for all kinds of systems especially retro ones since they're simpler to develop for.

However, I doubt that's what OP is talking about so... What are you specifically talking about, OP?
>>
>>3028567
op download visual boy advance gx for gb/gbc/gba, snes9x gx, fce ultra gx for nes, and genesis plus.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_homebrew_emulators
>>
>>3028661
i should add there are a lot of emulators on there, n64, mame, ds all run like shit
>>
>>3028567
>I was curious about [something awesome] untill (lol) I discovered [something retarded]
>>
>>3028592
the faggots on /hbg/ understand that homebrew and piracy are very different things. Homebrew is borderline useless to them. There's a half-dozen or so apps that people use with any kind of regularity that don't involve piracy or emulation.
>>
Is there homebrew to make the Wii play CDs and DVDs?
Nintendo gimped it so it cannot do what systems made in 1990 could do.

Is there homebrew that allows the Gamecube to play CDs and DVDs (after modding it to accept full size discs)?
>>
>>3032989
No, you'll need a mod chip for both those cases, but there's homebrew that allows loading games from an external hard drive.

The Wii isn't /vr/, by the way.
>>
>>3032989
Early wiis can play dvds. They changed the drive in later revisions (the black and red ones, I think) Look up DVDx and MPlayerTT. If I remember correctly it takes a while for the DVD to boot. You're better off ripping them and just playing the video file from an SD card.

I don't know about music cds.
>>
>>3032989
The Wii App Mplayer plays CDs and DVDs
>>
As a guy who got his wii homebrewed for gamecube/wii/anything before, I had a shitty time making it happen.
If you're patient enough though, it's very VERY rewarding.
>>
>>3028592
but what if I want my console hacked so I can play pong ports and a shitty media player?
>>
>>3033071
How to play GameCube games, friend?
>>
>>3028567
Not retro
>>
>>3033078
Look up the website gbatemp
Unfortunately, if you want to play GCN games, you're going to need blank dvds and a writer on your PC.
I've got everything else loading from a 500GB external hard drive.
>>
>>3028592
You is a nicer name for retard.

>>3032989
My GC plays CDs and DVDs and accepts full size discs without modding.
>>
>>3033084
Uh, no you don't. Use Nintendont to load GameCube games off an SD card or USB drive
>>
>>3033085
Did you take off the shell so the discs can fit?
What softmod did you use to get a media player running?
>>
>>3033325
Didn't do anything. Full sized discs just fit. No soft mod either. The Media player is built in.
>>
>>3033556
Emulating? I know your ass doesn't have a Q.
>>
>>3033980
Then you know nothing about my ass. Impressed you even figured it out though.
>>
>>3034008
Bread on the Panasonic and your posterior or it didn't happen.
>>
>>3034021
Seems I get asked for pics on almost a weekly basis these days. I guess with a Q I might understand. But so often it's common shit anyone can get on ebay/amazon/aliexpress. I guess with so many underage poorfag /v/tards you can't believe anything you see here these days.
>>
>>3034416
Probably because you're full of shit and make tall claims
>>
>>3032989
I was lucky to get the Wode Jukebox at the time.
>>
Does it matter which Megadrive/Genesis emulator I use on Wii Homebrew? Are there ones to avoid?
>>
The Dreamcast is ridiculously easy to play homebrew games on, and it's got a few decent ones.
>>
File: DSC_0091.jpg (40KB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0091.jpg
40KB, 800x1422px
>>3034421
>I'm an underage poorfag /v/tard
Yes you are. Now be a good little /v/aby and shout SHOOOOP! And demand time stamped tits.
>>
>>3035396
No breadstamp, non-standard image size. 0/10

One of us is an adult who isn't pretending to own a toy. It's an anonymous board, stop trying so hard.
>I'm an underage poorfag /v/tard
projecting?
>>
>>3035447
>look at my sleuthing skills of not being able to do a reverse image search
Thanks for proving you're a good little /v/aby.
You realize only underage poorfag /v/tard would believe it's impossible to own something that costs a few hundred bucks? Right?
>>
>>3035396
ignore the kid anon. thats really cool you have one i considered getting one but haha money has to go towards other stuff first sadly. and the q my game shop is selling put it at 30k steep much.
>>
>>3035592
>>3035630
(you)r samefag level:99*

can't pull a match because you cropped the original. your camera doesn't shoot at 1422x800 that is the resolution of a 5" phone screen though. They're around $500-1k+ and it would be neat if you had one. Too bad ya don't. you have to be 18 to post on this board. Aren't you a little old to be lying on the internet.
>>
File: Capture.png (122KB, 1364x739px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
122KB, 1364x739px
>>3035654
arent you a little young to be shitposting? im not a samefag and you cant image search a cropped image? pathetic its actually an original.
>>
>>3035630
I wouldn't have got it if it wasn't dirt cheap. I'd passed on one earlier and was kicking myself ever since. The thing looks awesome. So shiny and the LEDs look cool, not tacky. You could stick that under your TV and no wife could bitch.
>>
File: DSC_0093.jpg (43KB, 800x1422px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0093.jpg
43KB, 800x1422px
>>3035654
My mistake. My ass doesn't have a Q. My Q has your ass.
Pic related.

>your phone takes pictures like a phone
We have a junior Sherlock Holmes here
>>
>>3035881
Your friend is really nice to let you use his Q to take pictures of for people on 4chan.
>>
>>3028583
Nah, PSX and N64 games on Wii kinda work but not really.
Android phones with TV out (mhl) are the ultimate emulation machines.
>>3033085
Tell me moar. Viper extreme?
My GC doesn't even have a DVD drive anymore.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.