[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Shadow_Warrior_Coverart.png (136KB, 256x308px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Warrior_Coverart.png
136KB, 256x308px
ANCIENT CHINESE SECRET
>>
>>3013637
Who wanta some Wang?
>>
Is this the game that inspired John Romero to make us suck it down in Daikatana?
>>
Level design is pretty shit. And honestly like the humor/style of duke way more but alot of the weapons here are really cool, the gamein general feels alot faster and the sword is a much better quick attack than the boot. Overall pretty good.

I'm just working through Wonton Destruction now and the level design is somehow even worse than the core game. Also these little ching chong bad guys are annoying as fvck
>>
>>3014129
No, Romero's massive ego did that.
>>
>>3014183
>the sword is a much better quick attack than the boot
The sword isn't a quick attack, though, you have to switch to it.
>>
>>3014282
Oh, my bad.

Lets talk about those annoying ching chong sing songs in wanton destruction. christ they're annoying
>>
File: 1450977661212.png (79KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
1450977661212.png
79KB, 291x343px
>>3013637
>2012
>dad married some lady who had children I never met in their 20s
>go visit them for the first time
>dad is at work
>download Shadow Warrior on his computer to pass the time while his step daughters are watching TV
>WHOOOOO WANTA SUM WANG blasts from the speakers at full volume
>>
>>3015146
lol. i feel sorry for the murkan family unit. you're all children of divorce right? kek
>>
>>3015146
Why do Shadow Warrior threads always end up with such miserable stories like that?
>>
>>3015146
So, did she want some wang?
>>
>>3015146
Pic not related then, right?
>>
>>3015160
This is a critical question. We must know
>>
>>3014183

It seems that's just how build engine games are. Sprawling, tedious levels with strange progression and no pacing.
>>
>>3013637
You are weak as a baby fart. Go and live in fear
>>
I LIKE NUCLEAR WEAPONS
>>
I don't get this 'Shadow Warrior has bad level design meme'. It's just as good as Duke, Blood, Doom, etc. I will say its levels aren't very memorable in general after the shareware episode but in terms of layout they're fine.
>>
>>3016673

Water Torture was pretty memorable. It had a fuckin drivable vaccum cleaner.
>>
>>3016673

I don't get calling every opinion you don't agree with a meme.
>>
>>3017334
your whole life is a meme
>>
>>3013637
I think this a mechanically great game but I fucking cringe so hard at all the stupid bullshit.
>>
File: 1415962375827.gif (5KB, 500x169px) Image search: [Google]
1415962375827.gif
5KB, 500x169px
lol
>>
>>3017368
lmao! xD
>>
File: Shadow_Warrior_(DOS)_47[1].png (23KB, 640x254px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_Warrior_(DOS)_47[1].png
23KB, 640x254px
HEY! COME BACK HERE AND FINISH FIGHT!
...Ugly, scaly, snake... shitface.

Man, I love Shadow Warrior. I love Lo Wang and his weapons. It's one of the few games that still make me feel like a teenager again.
I hope we get the last "Deadly Kiss" addon someday.
>>
>>3017430
>I hope we get the last "Deadly Kiss" addon someday.

Yeaaah.... Whatever happened to that.

And Shadow Warrior has great level design. To me it sounds like Doom babies trying to play it like they play Doom, again.
>>
>>3017481
Pretty much.
>>
>>3016661
I think that's my favourite one. Top kek.
>>
>>3017481
I like the levels. They really pulled a few neat tricks with this game.
I know people hate the plane level from the extension cause it's cramped, but I love it when they made you go fight a ripper on top of it with the wind pushing against you
>>
>>3017486
The plane level is amazing has far as "pure" level design is concerned, without taking gameplay into consideration. It uses the different possibilities of Shadow Warrior's engine effects in a smart way, combined together, to give the impression that you are inside, and outside, a flying multi level airplane that comes crashing at the end.
Seriously I can't even count the number of different effects used in that map, all coming together perfectly.

For that, it is amazing. Apparently that map had a big role into its author's hiring at 3DRealms (he previously worked for Sunstorm, making these add-ons for Build games) to work on DNF.

But gameplay wise? No, just no. It's not just the crampedness. It's the way you get shot at by a fuckton of hitscan enemies behind curtains that you can't see through... the way you meet suicide-explosive guys, rocket throwing guys, and even the invisible guys throwing fireballs at you, in such cramped environments with 90° angles everywhere which don't allow to see it beforehand.

Gameplay could have worked in that level, but imo it would require balancing it on a quieter level, with less enemies, and less explosive weapons on both sides.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.