[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on Takeshi's Challenge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 01 (1).jpg (44KB, 480x334px) Image search: [Google]
01 (1).jpg
44KB, 480x334px
Your opinion on Takeshi's Challenge?
>>
Challenging
>>
a unique console game that was kinda before its time, but its also a total bullshit game in every way possible
>>
meme game
>>
>>3013227
Funny premise, and an...interesting execution.
>>
File: takeshi.gif (58KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
takeshi.gif
58KB, 500x571px
>>
Basically a troll game as I understand.

I haven't played it but I'm told it's really hard and you have to make massive leaps of logic to progress.
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 252x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 252x274px
>>3013227
A video game made by a man who hates video games.
>>
The original meme game.
>>
This game is becoming the new Earthbound, in that there's always a thread up on /vr/ about it.
>>
Why is /vr/ taking this so seriously?
>>
>>3013512
Because Arino played it. He made it popular again.
>>
>>3013518
Fucking ten thousand years ago. Did he redo it or something?
>>
I didn't have the patience to get past the Hang Glider part
>>
ANATA NO TAME NARE DOKO MADE MOOOO
>>
>>3013560
You'd need a lot of patience to even get that far.

The hang glider I think is supposed to be one of the hardest things on the system. Then you get to an island where there is like a thousand enemies at a time or something.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6MIlJYiJUs
>>
>>3013306
In other words, trial & error.
>>
>>3014294
not even trial and error. shit like "leave the controller untouched for an hour"
>>
>>3014550
There were two correct options to reveal the map, one of them had you wait for an hour and another had you wait ten minutes.
>>
>>3014294
Not just that, but there were parts where you have to lose a certain amount of pachinko balls at a gambling parlor, which sounds like it would be easy, right?
Thing is that you'll keep winning more balls and it can take a really long time to get that done.

As I understand, Takeshi signed a contract, and was told "you don't have to do anything", but he decided to get involved anyway, now, Takeshi doesn't really care about videogames, but he shows up and has a bunch of input for the game.

The legend goes that he would frequently show up drunk or in the stage of getting drunk, or get drunk as he went, and then just suggest all this insane shit and insist the devs put it in the game.

So he didn't really care, but yet he cared enough for making this shit happen. Can't deny that it makes for a unique experience though, I mean, are there any games like it to this day?
>>
>>3013227
A joke that overstays its welcome. The idea of making a game intentionally as horrible and frustrating as possible is kinda funny for about the first five minutes but once that novelty is gone you're just left with a shit game. Still I appreciate it going outside of conventional norms especially in an age where you couldn't just upload a short bad game onto the internet.
>>
>>3015031
>Takeshi doesn't really care about videogames
Even worse than that: he hates them. I have no evidence, but I'm convinced he fucked it up on purpose.
>>
>>3015296
That's even better, he should do another videogame again, and just fill it to the brim with crazy bullshit like last time.

They could call it "Takeshi Kitano's Go Fuck Yourself"
>>
>>3013227
Is this like Takeshi's Castle? That Takeshi?
>>
>>3015418

Yeah, Beat Takeshi.
>>
>>3013512
I just want you to know I caught that reference, your joke was not in vain.
>>
It is true that this sold like 800.000 copies?
I think they said something like that in the first episode of Game Center;
http://www.gamingcx.com/2013/03/gamecenter-cx-m1-taito.html

So it was a total success.
>>
>>3015548
This is true. Its reputation as a flop came from a mistranslated figure that dropped a 0.
>>
File: 1446092065873.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1446092065873.gif
999KB, 250x251px
Have no clue. It's such a bizarre concept that has be bouncing back and forth between love and hate whenever I think about it. On one hand it's a god awful game but on the other it's a joke that brilliantly intertwines with the gameplay mechanics and overall general expectations of someone who plays video games that I think it's the best comedy game out there because it gives you an experience only video games can give instead of relying on characters saying a funny line once every half hour or so. Shit starts making me question what exactly qualifies as a good and bad game because the stuff this game pulls is too well thought out for it to be possible out of sheer incompetence.
>>
>>3015560
>mistranslation that leads people to think a game is 10x rarer than it actually is

I wonder how that happened.
>>
>>3015760
I don't think this game was really valued ever, i just bought the cartdrige for 1€ and seems to be one of the cheapest games of all the Famicom catalogue.
>>
>>3013227
It has a final boss that takes 20,000 hits to defeat.
>>
>>3013227
I like Kitano as much as any film student, but fuck this game.
>>
File: beat Takeshi.png (234KB, 4096x3840px) Image search: [Google]
beat Takeshi.png
234KB, 4096x3840px
Would you say Takeshi's Challenge was ahead of its time?
>>
Why is it impossible to find an english rom version anywhere
>>
>>3015760

My guess? Japanese have a word for 10,000 of something. That's kind of a weird unit for us. We have words for 1000 (thousand) but ten thousand is just that, ten thousands.

So, my guess is that the information said 80 ten thousands, the translator thought it was 80 thousand. Thus a magnitude change.
>>
>>3015856
>Japanese have a word for 10,000 of something.
Bingo. 万= manban (affix), or yorozu (by itself, although counting is weird in moonspeak) = 10,000
>>
>>3013227
Kinda funny you mentioned this because I literally just watched Battle Royale on Netflix.
>>
>>3015845
There's an English patch on romhacking
>>
>>3015296
Not sure if he still hates games, seeing as he lent his voice to the new Yakuza game.
Then again, anything yakuza related is his weak spot.
Either that or he's getting paid shitloads for the role.
>>
>>3015418
Yes, the mad Jap jack of all trades.
>>
>>3016116
He didn't hate games, he hated how all of his design ideas kept getting shot down by the programmers when he was making Takeshi's Challenge.

Most people outside of 4chan don't get actively upset by how other people choose to entertain themselves.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.