[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arcade Mame Coffee Table

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Coffe_Table.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Coffe_Table.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Controls are in hidden in a slot for your hands, All the classics... Defender, Pac Man, Elevator Action, Ghost and Goblins, Rally X, Time Pilot, Donky Kong.... And heaps more. Took me about 2 months to build, what do ya think?
>>
It looks uncomfortable to play, like you'd have to sit very low and hands would be in an awkward position to hit the buttons. The screen looks like you'd have to lean over the table to get a good look at what's going on too which is made worse by uncomfortable hand positioning because of button layout. But I'm not hating on you or the table. Good job on building that, especially in 2 months.
>>
Looks pretty cool :)
>>
What'd you use for everything?
>>
>>3012317
>not sitting on the floor
You some kinda fatty fat guy? Just a big ol' ham fisted fat guy arent you?
>>
>>3012317
>looks uncomfortable
Yes, very.
>>
>shit controls
>the worst ergonomics imaginable
>crummy looking table
>LCD garbage
>probably cheap perspex instead of glass top
>not using a coaster
>>
>>3012309
>what do ya think?
Like >>3012317 said, the distance between (and positioning of) the screen and controls is awkward.
I wouldn't (or couldn't) play seriously, or for a very long interval on that.
Still a very nice novelty/display/conversation piece, IMO.

See also >>3012548's comment regarding coaster usage.
>>
>>3012309

My back hurts just thinking about playing on this.
It's beautifully made and nice in theory but seems like neglecting its purpose, being a coffee table it is exactly in the sour spot: It is too deep to comfortable play it when sitting on the couch but too high to comfortable play it kneeling before it. In any way it seems like you will have to make a curve with your back to play because the buttong force you to keep your arms there while the screen is horizontally in the middle, a bit tilted but that#s not nearly enough. Should have made it foldable so you can flip it up from the table surface which would eliminate the uncomfortable postion you have to take to play it.
>>
its cool, and way better then anything I could ever build.
I think its cool like I said, but the screen seems a bit small. I usually see these things, and the screen takes up a large portion of the table, it looks kinda odd and might even be awkward to play if youre sitting down and have to move your head to see the middle of the table where the screen is.
>>
File: Oh_god_what_have_i_done.jpg (19KB, 324x241px) Image search: [Google]
Oh_god_what_have_i_done.jpg
19KB, 324x241px
>>3012548
>single player
>screen titled
>not designed to play vertical games
Such a shame. With a square table you could simply rotate the table 90 degrees to switch between horizontal and vertical. If you put a little thought into the controls. But obviously zero thought was put into these controls.
But if someone did this right it would be awesome.
>>
>>3012393
Sit on the floor and you only see, like, half the screen. Unless you're an African nignog with a neck out to here.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1920x1080px
Here's where a holographic screen, or a Surface would do wonders.
>>
>>3015761
Their neck doesn't grow longer. Their rib cage becomes shorter.
>>
>>3015768
PixelSense uses a shitty screen.
>>
>>3015782
Yeah, and?
>>
>>3015772
>autism
Turns jokes into literal shit.
>>
>>3015772
If their rib cage becomes shorter without their neck getting longer wouldn't that just make them shorter over all with a barrel looking chest?

>>3015812
It's not even autism. It's just stupidity trying to pass itself off as autism.
Good God. If this is the next generation Homo Sapiens will soon be extinct. Replaced by Homo Fuctardus
>>
This set up looks so much better
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.