[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any non magical medieval fps games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

I just saw a trailer of the gameplay of "for honor" and I noticed that there aren't any non magical medieval fps game that I know, only ones I know are such as heretic hexen sort of, and witchaven that seems a very old game with what seems to be mythical creatures...

Do you know any other game? Maybe a doom/quake mod or something?
>>
File: amulets2.png (625KB, 636x400px) Image search: [Google]
amulets2.png
625KB, 636x400px
All medieval fantasy games will have an ample helping of magic in some way. Use of magic is always optional to the player.

Amulets and Armor comes to mind as a medieval Doom clone, since it uses the Doom engine with some custom textures and sprites.

I suggest consulting Mobygames for games of those types; for retro games search by year in ascending order, plenty since 1982.
https://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/action/fantasy/1st-person-perspective/offset,0/so,1a/list-games/
>>
>>3010686
Thief doesn't have that much magic in it
>>
>>3011801

Yes, I think the thief series is the one I'm looking for, not a lot of fighting but not a lot of magic neither.
>>
>>3011568
I want to play this multiplayer with someone hopefully the glide port is done soon
>>
>>3012030
You can do multiplayer through Dosbox.
>>
>>3012035
I know that, I just dont think any one else I know would be smart enough to get it running so an easy windows port would be best.
>>
>>3012040
DOSBox can be self contained. Install it in a directory of your choice, add a C subfolder, adjust the configs as needed, include a bat file, zip the fucker, and give it to anybody interested
>>
>>3011568
Amulets and armor doesn't use the doom engine, it just uses .wad format for it's map files.
>>
If you can find a working copy, Conquerer 1086AD was amazing. First person assaults and sieges of towns and castles. Third person military battle with armies. Third person town building. First person jousting and melee in tournaments. You had to seduce maidens for ancient relics and stuff. There were only 2 ways to win the game, either take York by force or slay the dragon. I could never slay the dragon.
>>
>>3011801
>>3011837
most of your items are magical crystal arrows
both games involve going against monsters, undead, cyborg things, and elder gods.
i think those are pretty fantastical.
>>
>>3010686
>Maybe a doom/quake mod or something?
Yes! There was a knight Quake2 mod, though it was fairly obscure.

Rune may almost be a suitable answer, it seemed to have a bit bellow the average amount of magic in it.
>>
>>3014582
I think I prefer quake medieval mods because I love quake atmosphere, I will also look for hexen mods
>>
>>3014575
Oh I didn't know that, It's really hard to believe for me that is so little to non existent non fantasy games around.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.