[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With SFV now out I felt the urge to get back into the series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 1442516392915.gif (178KB, 287x221px) Image search: [Google]
1442516392915.gif
178KB, 287x221px
With SFV now out I felt the urge to get back into the series and play 3rd Strike. Brief history: I got it like 2 years ago and hardly played it for more than like a couple days because it was too hard and I needed like 30 continues even on 1 star.

I just played it tonight not having touched it since and breezed through 1 star with no continues. I feel like an absolute beast. I played some Alpha 2 and 3 like six months ago, so a lot of that must've stuck with me. I feel like now I actually have a chance for beating this sucker on 4 stars.

So SF thread then, any tips or exploits I should know about? Gill's obviously going to be the hardest but I already know to let him use his super so he won't revive. I'm just playing Ryu for now because I'm a noob and he's the only one from Alpha I'm familiar with. Pic related, it's him.
>>
>Throw many hadokens
>>
>>3009657
>With SFV now out I felt the urge to get back into the series and play 3rd Strike.

yeah, V really does suck compared to the older games
>>
what's the best way to play third strike on pc? like what version should I play?
>>
>>3009875

Use Fightcade, my dude.
>>
File: CWuAHZRUYAACpdc.jpg orig.jpg (296KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CWuAHZRUYAACpdc.jpg orig.jpg
296KB, 819x1024px
I've been playing through the earlier games lately (namely Street Fighter '87 and World Warrior via their PS2 compilations), fighting my way through their hardest difficulty setting, currently working my way through Champion Edition and Hyper Fighting. It's kinda annoying Backbone left out New Challengers from Capcom Classics Collection 2 and only included Super Turbo, but at least I got the Saturn ports of those two.
>>
OP here, alright I tried again two more times, both times used 11 continues, still on 1 star. One with Ken, one with Ryu still. Man, guess it was just beginner's luck the first time.
>>
>>3009884
play fatal fury 1 its the better version of the original street fighter.
>>
You can always join us at Fightcade, since SFV came out many newcomers have been appearing everyday. Just avoid the veterans, in 3rd Strike the gap between a beginner and someone who knows what he is doing is very large so if you play against a decent player you'll get rushed down and out-smarted in footsies pretty hard.

Like always, shotos are the best to play while you are still learning and understanding the mechanics of the game and when you become decent you can choose a character that suits your preferences and practice until you master him.
Don't try to parry everything, you should be simply blocking most stuff, practice some mix-ups and unpredictability are probably more important in 3rd Strike than in any other Street Fighter incarnation.
>>
>>3009884
New Challengers doesn't have a very good reputation, so it's somewhat understandable even if its absence is annoying form a completion standpoint. It ends up feeling unfinished when compared to Super Turbo. Which is actually kind of funny, because the truth form the production side was that New Challengers was actually the finished product they had worked on for some time, and Super Turbo was the spur of the moment act of desperation after New Challngers failed to catch on.
>>
24 continues with Sean. Fucking Gill man. Sean seems great move wise but I just sucked with him. I miss fireballs. Guess it's back to Ryu. I dislike they took his little hop kick away from Alpha.

>>3009986
This, FF1 is amazing.

>>3009884
>>3010341
NC was my favorite of the bunch too. It's a shame it's so hard to get.
>>
File: CWuAIU_UAAAGDg2.jpg orig.jpg (302KB, 818x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CWuAIU_UAAAGDg2.jpg orig.jpg
302KB, 818x1024px
>>3009986
Already did that too. I 1CCed both, Street Fighter I and Fatal Fury 1, recently on their hardest setting. Terry is pretty OP btw. I tried to moved to Art of Fighting, but the PS2 won't read my Anthology disc. Oh well.
>>
>>3010341
didn't it not sell well because of Fatal Fury Special ? I heard it was very popular back in 93 and SSFT2 was a response to FFS.
>>3010974
I used to hate FF 1 but now I grown to like it nowhere near the level of Garou but its better than SF 1.
>>
>>3009657
Twat Gill during Resurrection to stop
>>
>>3011007
Yes, FFS stole a lot of SSF2's thunder. And Capcom had bigger projects that they had been working on in the meantime (Darkstalkers, X-Men) but they wouldn't be ready for release for some time yet. So they came out with SSF2T in an attempt to try and gain back some interest before those other games would come out.
>>
>>3010993
AoF's pretty good too. I was surprised I liked 1 the best. 2 was too insanely hard, and 3 just felt weird.

>>3011079
He still gets like 75% recovery tho. He has some air thing that pushes you away.
>>
File: SFA2_stage_USA-Ken.png (58KB, 720x240px) Image search: [Google]
SFA2_stage_USA-Ken.png
58KB, 720x240px
>decided to play SFA2 the other day
>dat god tier OST
>amazing spritework
>too bad I'm awful and can barely shoryuken
>managed to cheese my way to Akuma as Ken using like three or four continues (fuck Guy), but hit a wall here and stopped playing for now

I love everything about classic SF, but in twenty years I've never been able to sit down and really get good.

Probably doesn't help that I was playing the arcade version in Retroarch on m Wii. What's the best port to practice on?
>>
>>3011220
Get the anthology collection on PS2. It comes with Alpha 1-3, 2 Gold, and Gem Fighter Mini Mix.
>>
>>3011280
What do you recommend as a controller?
>>
>>3011309
PS2 one is fine.
>>
File: pure119.jpg (205KB, 785x324px) Image search: [Google]
pure119.jpg
205KB, 785x324px
>>3011309
Anything by ASCII or Hori with six face buttons is fine.
>>
>>3011359
I don't get how you're supposed to hold these. Like a regular controller or flat on your lap like a fight stick? Having all three punches or kicks in a line is useless if it's just one thumb trying to hit them all, but if it's on your lap how can you correctly use the dpad?
>>
File: SFEX2P.png (364KB, 996x436px) Image search: [Google]
SFEX2P.png
364KB, 996x436px
>>3009657
I've recently been emulating Street Fighter EX2 Plus.

Reminds me alot of street fighter 4 gameplay wise but otherwise it's just 3D street fighter.
>>
>>3011692
Make sure you go into options and turn on Otedama mode, it's this game version of juggles, so broken it's off by default.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4m7McziSXw
>>
File: Options.png (504KB, 988x429px) Image search: [Google]
Options.png
504KB, 988x429px
>>3011719
Do I have to unlock it?
>>
>>3011732
Yep, you gotta unlock it first and beat Gouki
ENABLE THE 'OPTIONS PLUS' MENU
------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Expert Mode, complete 220 missions, and the Options Plus menu appears
in the Options Menu. In the beginning, you only have one option
available, but the rest become usable when you beat CPU Gouki for the
first time
>>
>>3011732
It's unlocked right away in the sequel so try downloading that.
>>
>>3011220
Love all the Capcom character cameos in that level b/ground!!
>>
>>3011692
I never played 4. Is the EX series good? I was thinking about getting EX3
>>
>>3011994
They are very fun in single player, lots of unlockables. Half the roster are brand new characters designed by the SF Alpha artist. In competitive terms, essentially each super stock gave you 2 minutes of free V-ism/variable combo bullshit so it's as broken as you'd imagine.
>>
>>3012005
ok, just a few seconds, not 2 minutes
>>
>>3012005
Nice. I'll try to get them. Is one better than the rest or all worth getting?
>>
File: super fixed.png (180KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
super fixed.png
180KB, 720x714px
>>3011953
>>
>>3012013
I don't really know, /vr/ seems to prefer 2 Plus
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.