[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

game worlds you'd like to see more of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: gadeathadder.jpg (417KB, 850x1215px) Image search: [Google]
gadeathadder.jpg
417KB, 850x1215px
Just finished playing through pic related and I loved it. The little background details, enemies and personality of the world the AM1 team put into it is just charming. I'd kill for an RPG set in the Golden Axe universe (or just another proper beat em up honestly).

Anyone else feel this way about a game world that never got a chance to shine/be fleshed out?
>>
>>2997973
Always wanted to see a Croc game that turned out to be good. You could tell there was a lot of love put into the games especially in the soundtracks but they never quite reached their full potential.
>>
>>2997973
Have you tried Golden Axe Warrior, OP?
>>
>>2998181
Not yet, I've only played GA 1-3 and the arcade titles.
>>
File: alienstormarcade.jpg (104KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
alienstormarcade.jpg
104KB, 1000x700px
So, I consider this a sister game to golden axe.
>>
>>2998203
>So, I consider this a sister game to golden axe.
Same team for both games, so yeah I'd consider it as well.
>>
>>2998203
looks like the sister game to alien syndrome to me
>>
>>2998264
It plays almost exactly like Golden Axe

Except I keep running out of ammo :(
>>
File: Alien_Predator_arcade.jpg (80KB, 333x472px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Predator_arcade.jpg
80KB, 333x472px
If we are going to stay on the topic of arcade beat 'em ups, pic related I would pay GOOD money for a new game.

DmC meets AVP would be something else.
>>
>Sega
>Doesn't port Revenge of Death Adder to the Saturn
>Doesn't make an original Golden Axe game for the Saturn
>Uses the Golden Axe brand to make a fucking tourney fighter

Such idiocy should be expected by the company that didn't even make an exclusive game for their flagship series on their nextgen console, though.
>>
I demand more Golden Ax Warrior (and Crystalis/God Slayer) games. Nintendo doesn't deserve monopoly on the overhead action/rpg.

Especially since, frankly, Sega and SNK did it better.
>>
File: TIME TO HUNT.jpg (365KB, 850x1210px) Image search: [Google]
TIME TO HUNT.jpg
365KB, 850x1210px
>>2999291

This fucking game. This fucking game, man. Not only was it an awesome beat em' up, but Capcom went the full length and applied a lot of the EU into the game -- The story was pretty much based off of the comic/novel Earth Hive. They integrated Predators into the fold along with whatever background lore they apply to. It melded well.

I was a huge Alien/Predator fan when I was younger and seeing this for the first time in a arcade put me in such state of shock. Me and my brother slammed so many tokens just to beat it. Definitely worth.

>pic related
>>
>>2999320
Sonic R
>>
File: Golden%20Axe%20Warrior-3.png (15KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
Golden%20Axe%20Warrior-3.png
15KB, 267x200px
>>2997973
>I'd kill for an RPG set in the Golden Axe univers
Well look no further. It's really good as well
>>
>>2998264
That too. They are a nice little family.
>>
>>2999810
My brother. I was a big fan of the AvP comics at the time too so I too was gob-struck seeing this in my arcade.

I wonder if they could have worked this into some kind of Resident Evil spin-off?

Like traditional RE with humans and some DmC elements as the Predator and Alien.
>>
>>3000219
it's a tired game. the punisher is a lot better.
>>
>>2998203
I found this one to be more fun than Golden Axe desu
>>
>>3000219

>I wonder if they could have worked this into some kind of Resident Evil spin-off?
>Like traditional RE with humans and some DmC elements as the Predator and Alien.

I'd imagine something like Dino Crisis 2 for the Colonial Marine side of the story just with Aliens instead. You can include slower paced horror elements in sections.

Nail-on-the-head with Predator. Not sure how a Alien campaign would work in that kind of setup. RE's camera angles would definitely conflict with the sporadic style of the alien.
>>
>>2997973
Fuck yea anon, best in the series
>>
>>3001121
Would have loved to see this come to reality.

Truth be told the only Alien/AvP games I enjoy are AvP Arcade, Classic 2000 and Isolation.
>>
File: 1439846764256.jpg (150KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1439846764256.jpg
150KB, 667x1000px
>>3001572

Yeah dude, again those were some awesome fucking games. Both AvP Classic and AvP 2 stand in good memory when the community was most vibrant between the two games, all that time I put into playing. Like I got sick one time when I first bought AvP 2 because I would stay up late just to wake up early to play more of it before school; it was a little ridiculous.

Isolation honestly surprised me, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. Hopefully a sign of things to come. Because both franchises are a fuckin' wreck as of now, with Predators being a shitty movie, and Prometheus being a jumbled mess. The more recent games were also pretty bad with no one feeling like they gave a shit. Hopefully someone can pull them out of this rut.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.