[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mortal Kombat 1 Genesis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: mkgens.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mkgens.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
how to fight against reptile?

enable cheat menu, flag 2 and 3 on, win in the pit level with double flawless and fitality...no reptile.

play normal without any cheats...beat the game 6 times...no reptile an no silhouettes on the moon...never.

mksecrets:
"Start a One Player Game. At The Pit, Look to the Moon. There must be silhouettes gliding past - this will occur every 6th game. Win Double Flawless Victory with Fatality without Blocking at all"

done but no reptile....

what is reptile for a fucking asshole?
>>
>>2991875
>no silhouettes on the moon...never
Not sure if is only 6 times. I have the feeling it could be more. I used to play it for hours as a kid, and I remember it took me a really long time to get the silhouettes for the first time.
But yeah, if I recall correctly it can be done. I didn't knew about the cheat menu when I played it back then, and I have clear memories of fighting against Reptile more than once..
>>
>>2991875
because your cart is counterfeit
>>
>>2991875
never had a problem

gotta have those silhouettes

gotta make sure not to push block ever, even for a special move

gotta remember that pit uppercut doesn't count as a fatality

we're going to have to remote into your genesis and see what you're doing wrong
>>
File: 002.jpg (34KB, 287x187px) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
34KB, 287x187px
>>
File: 003.jpg (36KB, 284x200px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
36KB, 284x200px
>>
>>2992118
>>2992120
>>2992125
What's going on with Johnny?
>>
File: 001.jpg (35KB, 284x197px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
35KB, 284x197px
found it
2nd time pit stage in one game, endurance, after reptile....
>>
What is even going on this thread?
>>
>>2992127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rarfK_Y2BCo
>>
>>2991875
>Win Double Flawless Victory with Fatality without Blocking at all

I don't see how this is even possible. The AI in those games is brutal.
>>
>>2992127
Doing the Reptile stuff at an endurance battle gives you a bugged Reptile with another character sprites.
Also if you start a 2 players game while fighting Reptile, Scorpion and Sub-Zero will be green on the select screen.

>>2993091
Is posssible, man, I did it all the time as a 11 years old kid.
>>
>>2993091
Lose the match before the pit stage on purpose then the Ai will be automatically easier. It ups on difficulty when you keep winning consecutively.
>>
>>2993148
>Doing the Reptile stuff at an endurance battle gives you a bugged Reptile with another character sprites.
Also if you start a 2 players game while fighting Reptile, Scorpion and Sub-Zero will be green on the select screen.

Hard enough to fight reptile as is. Couldn't imagine doing it on an endurance match!
>>
>>2991875
>with Fatality without Blocking at all
In all the fighting games I've played, I've never really bothered to block. I did it now and again in SFII because pressing back is easy. But on MK, the shoulder buttons are a bit more out of the way, so I never bothered at all with blocking.

Is anyone else like that?
>>
>>2993267
Yeah, is not easy, but not impossible, with a lot of practice.

>>2993285
Same here. I have always used block too litle, mostly again things I can't avoid. but I usually just jump or duck instead of blocking. Kinda missing a distinctive point in MK I guess, but got used to play that way, and works for me.
>>
>>2993091
Flag 2 sets Player Two's HP to danger level, at least in the PAL version.
You'd have to be very unlucky to not get the first hit.
>>
>>2994257
1 hit fights agains other player can be really fun too.
>>
>>2994513
You'd like Bushido Blade
>>
>>2993285
I used to hardly ever block playing MK on Genesis. Playing the arcade layout tho makes it easier to use and really improves the game.
>>
>>2994521
I do.
>>
>>2991875

Get good.
>>
File: 1280655905913.jpg (140KB, 578x619px) Image search: [Google]
1280655905913.jpg
140KB, 578x619px
>>2994720
Played the arcade once when I was 8 so can't really remember too much, but got used to Genesis control really fast, then again, I barely use block too.

Sega could have used top bumbers for stuff like that, in the same way Playstation used R1 for blocking on MK. I even remember having one sega joystick that had a Mode button on top, like a bumper.

Worst thing about Genesis control in my opion was using the start button for Test Your Might. It's really unconfortable.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.