[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any other professional videogame speedrunners in here? >In b4 nerd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 0.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
Any other professional videogame speedrunners in here?
>In b4 nerd
>>
"""""""""""professional""""""""""""""""""""

get a job, faggot
>>
>>2965487
Is that really you? The guy who owns at Yoshi's Island?
>>
>>2965514
Yes. It is I.
>>
>>2965517
Well... if that's really you, I'm a big fan of your playing. And it's cool you play games for a good cause.

How many hours do you play each day?
>>
>>2965518
It varies day to day. I try to get at least a couple hours in a day. It can get up to 16-18 hours a day though.
>>
>>2965487
>>2965514
>>2965517
>>2965518
>>2965524
>samefag shilling this hard
>>
>>2965524
18 hours a day? Dude, that's crazy! Welp. Guess we all can't be on top like you.

What was the hardest part of learning to speed run Yoshi's Island? The part of the game that gave you the most trouble?
>>
File: Shot.png (9KB, 327x131px) Image search: [Google]
Shot.png
9KB, 327x131px
>>2965529
It's actually not. I'm generally curious to know if that's really Carl Sagan, and would love to know more about how he got so good at the game.
>>
>>2965536
>i believe every moron online.

Im Britney Spears and i'm about to drop a new album. follow my twitter.
>>
>>2965548
Well, I'm not so sure it's really him. Just curious.
>>
>>2965551
Fun Fact anon..

Its not him!

SHOCK!!
>>
>>2965564
So you made this thread and pretended to be him, because... ?
>>
>>2965570
>So you made this thread and pretended to be him
I'm not OP moron. Fucking hell.
>>
>>2965570
First week on 4chan?
>>
I'd really prefer if you would be quiet
>>
>>2965575
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM
>>
>>2965536
Carl Sagan is dead. He's been dead for nearly two decades.
>>
>>2965517
Would you suck Cosmo's tranny cock
>>
>>2965487
I used to like to RTA, then I picked up shmups.

Also Twitch speedrunners are cancer.
>>
>learn a few SM64 speedrunning tricks
>run the game from time to time and casually training for fun

I find it relaxing, but maybe it's because I really dig into Mario 64
>>
>>2965918
I do this with various games. And yes it is kind of relaxing. Not beeing serious about it just does the thing for me. I could never imagine to "practice" a VIDEO GAME. Would kill all the fun for me. But to each their own I guess. But on the other side I really like watching some people on SRL. I am really looking forward to the big 20.
>>
>>2965570
SEVERE R E T A R D A T I O N
>>
Life is too short. I can't imagine dedicating myself to one game for that long. Monogamey just isn't my bag, baby.
>>
>>2965487
>professional
how old are you?
>>
>>2965487
Professional? Fuck no, I'm a CPA. But I do speedruns from time to time, mostly old games from my childhood that I still enjoy all these years later.
>>
I dont care about speedrunning, but I do like watching high score, no hits and challenge runs in youtube.
>>
>>2965918
>learn a few SM64 speedrunning tricks
Mind sharing some friend?
>>
>>2966393
I play competitive Super Smash Bros Melee, and I practice at least 8 hours. Daily.
>>
>>2971507
Not him, but I've played around with SM64 a bit...definitely not speedrunner tier good, but I've played with the notion.

Most of it's speedrun useful stuff is autisitically practicing specific routes/movement and gitting gud at very specific jumps. At least for 70 and 120 star.

I mean, yeah, there's cool shit like the bomb clip and cannonless, but most of the speed in an SM64 run is in the optimized movement and knowing what's possible with well executed jumps.

Example of what I mean:

here's lil' penguin lost on CCM. Literally nothing about this star requires a glitch; it's just 100% execution and "optimized" (this runner isn't quite so) movement.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEqzze69zSI

If you want to just go learn all this shit piecemeal, go here http://marioruns.com/guides and look through all the video tutorials given for whatever segment of whatever category you're trying to play.

Again though, most of it is just memorizing a known optimal route and practicing it until you can execute it regularly.
>>
File: teedus.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
teedus.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>2965642
>>
>>2971542
I feel sorry for you.
>>
not speedrun but used to like races (start game at same time, see who gets further fastest/completes first)

I like watching speedruns usually aswell but *GDQ makes me cringe when they self censor. or are censored.
>>
>>2971542
Do you think categories are arbitrary?
Does your mind wander?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.