[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you think of resellers, what do you imagine they look like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 23

File: mmm.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
When you think of resellers, what do you imagine they look like?
>>
>>2964510

a stereotypical jewish person
>>
True story: I put out an old beatup GBA without a battery door or screen overlay and handful of 5 games (nothing special, probably the only noteworthy one was Metroid Fusion on a table as part of a yardsale I was having. Ideal situation, I sell it all to an actual kid for $20 bucks. I had them all marked indivually at $15 for the GB, $5 each for the games though.

Instead, the first one who has a look at it was the fattest man I'd seen in a long long time. Had the neckbeard going, too.

>Hands me a business card that he's buying games, toys, military collectibles
>"Do you have any other games?"
>"Yes, but none that I'm selling."
>Looks over the GBA stuff but nothing else
>"I can give you $10 for it all."
>"Priced as marked." Yeah I'm biased, but I only wanted to cut a deal for a kid.
>"I wouldn't be able to get much for the Game Boy Advance, it's scratched up and missing the battery cover."
>"Priced as marked."

I never did sell that GBA at the yard sale. I just didn't have many kids come by, despite me being on a busy street in the middle of town. When I found out my nephew's new hobby was watching gaming videos on youtube, I just gave it to him and he loved it.
>>
File: Al_McWhiggin_Sleeping.png (601KB, 771x431px) Image search: [Google]
Al_McWhiggin_Sleeping.png
601KB, 771x431px
Like the guy in the chicken suit from Toy Story 2.
>>
>>2964597
You're doing God's work, son.
>>
>>2964510
>imagine
nigger please, they're all dirty fat smelly neckbeards & scrawny heroin addict hipster faggots
>>
>>2964510
I kind of just imagine a faceless person with a room in their house dedicated to buying and selling things on ebay. Like bubble wrap envelopes everywhere, that sort of thing. Apologies for the lack of antisemitism everyone.
>>
File: mario.png (11KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
mario.png
11KB, 501x585px
>>2964510
>what do you imagine they look like?
>>
>>2964510
Obese, autistic and barely any knowledge of vidya
>>
File: Capture2-630x380.jpg (53KB, 630x380px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2-630x380.jpg
53KB, 630x380px
I'm in Texas, so I imagine them to be fat rednecks whose primary interest is whatever they think they can resell at the moment. Pic related.
>>
>>2964510
I imagine their faces looking pale and clammy once they realize they've been burgled.
>>
>>2964797
Let me call in one of my experts.
>>
>>2964597
Fastest and easiest way to move shovelware you get.

>Buy a repro game from ali-express
>Something big ticket, Earthbound, Hagane, Wild Guns, Evo.
>Intentionally fuck up the label, but not enough that it's still recognizable
>Make some bullshit up, "Found brothers games in the attic" "Cousin died and my aunt wants to sell these", so you look like you have no idea what you're talking about
>Post it for X amount for whole box, "Whole box, no parting out, X amount FIRM, if you try and haggle I'm out"

X has to be high enough to make some money, but low enough that resellers will still buy it. Something like 100 for a box of 5 shovelware + earthbound usually works ok.

>Usually be clever and don't put the repro at the forefront, hide it just so slightly so people think you dont know what you have
>collect money
>retards find out they bought nothing, long after you're gone

Don't do it at your house. Also remember people's contact details so you don't waste your time with the same sucker twice. Sometimes it feels bad because the guy isn't a reseller, but at the same time, I've been funding my own gaming this way for a long ass time.
>>
>>2964597
Even at those prices, 20 bucks for an SP + Metroid Fusion is an easy flip for 40 bucks.
>>
>>2964827
>for an SP
>missing battery cover
That rather was original GBA.
>>
>>2964797
Do they have Fighting Frogs?
>>
>>2964835
Meh, still probably could turn a profit. A shitty replacement battery cover is 2 bucks on eBay.
>>
>>2964827
>>2964847
This was 4 years ago. prices weren't quite as hot yet. He probably could have profited off it still, but roundboy was looking to be real greedy and only wanted to give me 10 for the whole lot.
>>
>>2964510
The usually own two story houses and have an entire room devoted to their rarest games that they swindled stupid people out of on craigslist.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12KB, 480x360px
like the diabeetus guy
>>
I resell.

Why not? I find something good at a garage sale for a low price, and sell it for a high price on eBay.

That's how capitalism works. Don't like it? Too bad. Get off your lazy ass and get out there and start hunting.
>>
>>2964997
You're lower than shit on the bottom of someone's shoe.

Just a step above the vultures that scalp tickets.
>>
>what do you imagine they look like?
Imagine? They're short Hispanic guys in their late 30s/ early 40s with an air of used car salesman about them. I've seen plenty of them at garage sales and thrift stores.
>>
>>2964997
When I was like 5, I found Ducktales at a garage sale and picked it specifically out of a bunch of crummy games. I begged my mom for it and "payed it off" by doing household chores.

I took it home and loved it. My siblings loved it. For a while I gave it to my aunt for my cousins to play and they loved it. It was at my sister's daycare business not too long ago and the kids there loved it.

That doesn't happen anymore because of fucks like you.
>>
>>2965008
really?
>>
>>2964997
I really don't have a problem with resellers,only with the ones who are total scumbags (you know the scumbag kind, the ones who say L@@K RARE WOW, flood craigslist with WE BUY OLD GAMES ads, have no knowledge of their product beyond ebay sales prices and yet expect top dollar, or my personal favorite the kind like the guy who picked up an arcade cab that a game center had advertised on cl as free/non-working (I think) and then tried to immediately resell it by taking photos of it right there in the goddamn game center parking lot).

Is it illegal to be a scummy reseller? No, but it doesn't necessarily mean I want to associate with people whose only interest in game collecting is trying to turn a profit.
>>
>>2964998
Are you a commie?
>>
>>2964998
>>2965008

>Capitalism is bad because muh feelings!
>>
>>2965068
If anything could convince me to be, it would subhuman resellers.

Capitalist without restrictions would be great, in theory. But resellers are a fine example of why that doesn't work.
>>
>>2965079
Just because something is legal doesn't mean that people have to like you or praise you for doing it.
>>
File: Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn_1974crop.jpg (16KB, 250x313px) Image search: [Google]
Aleksandr_Solzhenitsyn_1974crop.jpg
16KB, 250x313px
Go back to Russia guys
>>
>>2965108
>implying Russia isn't a capitalistic state like others
>>
>>2964997
And I love trolling the fuck out of people like you because people like you genuinely deserve it.

You know what, let's talk about some of those methods, just so people like me can reuse them

Method 1:

>Take pictures from some reseller-loving place like /r/gamecollecting (The admins on there tried to frame me with doxxing a Texas Goodwill employee, which is a state I have never been to at a Goodwill I've never been to with somebody I've never even heard of simply because of my opinions on resellers) and download a picture of a great lot, something from a month or so ago so its less trace-able
>Post it on Craigslist
>Tons of resellers bite
>Send them all to different addresses in bumfuck nowhere, at least a two hour drive, usually they check on that they've been tricked and fuck off

Method 2:

>See reseller post on Facebook
>Post emuparadise links for the games and an emulator
>It never sells

You subhuman bastards shouldn't even be walking freely on the streets, you should be spending the next five hundred years in prison. I'll happily take any opportunity I can to troll resellers because its how you defeat them. Want to know why I hate you degenerates so much? I've spent the last 11 fucking years looking for a SNES and I've never been able to find one, even when you go out weekly.

And don't give me that bullshit about "That's how capitalism works". The Westboro Baptist Church is also technically legal, that doesn't mean they aren't subhumans.

>>2965068
I sort of am, I help out like minded people by archiving and preserving games on emulators and crap, whenever somebody needs a PS2 or older game, they call me.
>>
>>2965138
> I sort of am, I help out like minded people by archiving and preserving games on emulators and crap, whenever somebody needs a PS2 or older game, they call me.
Nice to hear, to be honest, tovarish.
>>
Used to resell

Ive lost a lot of weight since and now shower everyday
>>
>>2965142
Hey, you gotta do something with game collecting getting worse every year since about 2009

If resellers are going to try to take my games away, they're going to have to get through me and I'll do anything in my power to preserve anything worth a damn on any console that is emulatable or hackable.
>>
First person that came to mind was Newman from Seinfeld.
>>
>>2965138

If you've really been looking for a SNES in the past 11 years then you could have picked one up for around 20 bucks anywhere back in those days. Were you expecting somebody to hand you one for free?
>>
>>2965172
Back then, I hate to admit this, I wasn't even aware that you could buy old video games online
>>
>>2965185
you could buy anything online nowadays even internet
>>
File: acf.gif (2MB, 312x250px) Image search: [Google]
acf.gif
2MB, 312x250px
>>2964510
>>
>>2965172
Even today I can't imagine they're that expensive. 40-50 bucks isn't exactly a fortune for a console in decent condition. It makes sense, too - this is a 20+ year old piece of electronic gear.

Either way, although they do influence prices somewhat, resellers don't influence the prices of consoles that much. They absolutely ruin game collecting, but if you just want a console and a flash cart for said console you don't need to spend that much although you will have to go to either a specialty store or an online store.

I hate resellers as much as the next guy, but if y ou can't find a SNES in eleven fucking years of looking for one maybe you're not looking hard enough.
>>
>>2965138
>/r/gamecollecting
what is even this?

i get the /vg/something, as a recurring thread on the v.general board, but /r/ is the sites request board, did you mix it up?
>>
>>2965293
He's talking about a popular internet forum that shills hard for Bernie Sanders and the cuckold lifestyle.
>>
>>2965293
Talking about reddit, not going to link directly because those faggots don't deserve any free press considering the horseshit the mods did to me.
>>
>>2964997
>Get off your lazy ass and get out there and start hunting.

You don't understand. These people whining about resellers are kids too young to own a car so they have to resort to ebay for all their retro games.
>>
>>2965138
I'm not reseller scum but I think you might be taking this whole thing too seriously.
>>
>>2965138
>I've spent the last 11 fucking years looking for a SNES and I've never been able to find one, even when you go out weekly.

I can sell you a Super Nintendo, goy :^)
>>
>>2964597
I had almost this same exchange with a guy when I put some stuff out at a garage sale as well. He showed up super early, (before I'd advertised I was starting) and wanted me to sell him everything at once on discount.

I basically told him to fuck himself so he said fine he'd buy them at the prices I had. I told him no again because at this point he was just annoying me and I was pissed he showed up to bug me while I was still setting up.

Tried to pull some "you have to sell it to me" crap and I just took them off the table till he went away.

People who show up before your sale is supposed to start piss me the fuck off.
>>
File: merchant.jpg (86KB, 290x542px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.jpg
86KB, 290x542px
>>
>>2964845
I know they have Assaulting Amphibians
>>
>>2965014
This. Reselling isn't bad, in fact for most of the people here who scream about the big bad reseller boogeyman, they get their games from a reseller. That old lady across the street you got that old game from for two bucks is a reseller. /vr/ hates scalpers, not resellers. There's a bit more of a difference
>>
File: merchantshocked.jpg (135KB, 504x648px) Image search: [Google]
merchantshocked.jpg
135KB, 504x648px
>>2966103
>>
>>2966114
It's fine to resale here and there. But when you base your whole business model on it, you're forced into having to constantly inflate the prices of what you're buying to cover overhead. Even worse now that people can check their phones to see what going rates are, it's harder and harder to get the kinds of crazy finds they need to turn real profit.
>>
>>2966120
A local pawn shop, cool guys, they don't mark things but they have a computer on standby. I buy games from there and they look up prices, round down or knock a few bucks off, and open for negotiation. If you buy in bulk you're almost always guaranteed a steal.
>>
>>2964759
>autistic
You can't be autistic and be a reseller
>obese
Maybe
And I've seen some people with almost no knowledge of games they just know that dem MARIO brothers dem zelder and dem lil colored pokeman gamezz sells purtee gud. I hate when people tell you they sell Jesus if you go to a yardsale to buy and resale be nice with a poker face shit it's not hard
>>
>>2965287
My local CL is asking 160 (granted, CAD), for a shitty yellowed SNES with 2 shovel ware games the hookups and 1 controller.

It's a fucking joke.

I was going to sell the spare SNES board I got but I figure Ill just keep it because if mine breaks then it'd be a massive fucking pain in the ass to get another one reasonably.
>>
>>2966172
What cracks me up is that this stuff isn't rare. Sure, some games here and there are hard to find, but a piss-SNES and Super Mario World are common as dirt and not even that old.

I do wonder if GameStop ceasing purchases and sales of old games in their stores set the groundwork for the boom. If they'd maintained their usual bins of old games over the years in most locations I'd bet that, fad or not, prices would be significantly less. Now that they're primarily sold online, in niche game shops, or at yard sales it has given them more of a mystique as opposed to outdated junk that GS just throws in a bin at each and every shop.
>>
>>2965172
11 years too long. If he's been collecting since 2005, even by like 2011 it was still very possible to find a working SNES for like $20 with a few games. This guy is either A: way too cheap or B: isn't looking hard enough. But I think it's a combination of both. Hell, if I were him, I'd just trade in stuff I don't want anymore to a store and take that credit towards the purchase of a SNES, to at least reduce the amount of money spent. But he probably won't because RESELLERS HURT MUH FEELINGS
>>
>>2966264
An amalgamation of things.

>Gamestop and other retailers dumping old stock
>Now there is no easy, normalized retail outlet to find these things
>Youtuber brings a huge amount of exposure to old games
>Youtubers have huge game collections, some youtubers basing their entire channel to a single console/complete set
>Youtube starts getting flooded with fucking pickup videos, rare game videos, collecting videos, etc.

I mostly blame youtubers and their collections. People see it and go "I want that" and they start doing it, and then supply goes down, while demand is dramatically increasing.
>>
>>2966331
ITs sad is turning more hard to find a good game. I have a small collection and starting to buy a good rig and play emulator. Also buying a good or making a good arcade stick and usb adptator for old controllers.
>>
I know exactly what resellers look like
>>
>>2964510
I live in shithole country were people seel bootleg cart from 90 costing more than original games. Even getting the same bootleg on aliexpress and paying the shit importation taxes (100% of value) still more cheap than buying from resellers.
>>
>early to mid 30
>lives in parents basement/attic
>can't hold a proper job for more than 2 weeks
>"this is my job, mom!"
>thinks he will make the big money with his reselling one day
>>
File: thespiritofvr.png (100KB, 852x316px) Image search: [Google]
thespiritofvr.png
100KB, 852x316px
>>2966103
>>2964597
Reminds me of pic related
Never change, fellow /vr/troopers
>>
>>2966114
>...is a reseller
heeh
autist is supposed to be generic cursing on 4chan, but one possible trait is inability to deal with figurative language.

yes, the guy hosting a yard sale selling GBA+5 games for $20 is a reseller, anyone but the pastic injection factory in china and the PCB chip solder in japan is a resseller, even nintendo is a reseller, scumie jeppons profiting over the hard work of developers and circuit printers.

/sarcarsm
/silly rant
ignore me, im autist
>>
>>2966354
>thinks he will make the big money with his reselling one day

that's actaully the reasoning behind so many autonomous occupations

from a branch of humans born with just enough wits to come up with plans, but not enough greygoo to figure out other people aren't dumb.
>>
>>2965172
Well, let me explain myself.

I go to Goodwill weekly, I check yardsales in the spring and summer, I check other towns when I have the chance, I even check the Facebook and still, after 11 years, I come up empty on a SNES.

Fuck resellers. Absolute scum of the earth.
>>
>>2966807
>I go to Goodwill weekly

You're SCUM for shopping at that company.
>>
>>2964997
>We were not the ones ruinning your show gais
>Stop whining and get a job gais

How about YOU get a real fucking job instead of extorting people over old games you greedy fuckers.
>>
>>2965079
>>2964997

>Capitalism is good because mah greed and strawmans
>>
>>2965008
You know about emulation, right? Set the kids up with a folder full of ROMs or an everdrive. You'll blow their minds with the hundreds of games they have available.

Half the people on this board say "lol buying retro games is retarded, just emulate" and the other half say "stop inflating the prices, people with a genuine love for vidya can't afford them anymore!" You obviously can't have it both ways.
>>
I think what's more embarrassing than scummy resellers on ebay are the people in this thread complaining about how "unfair" it is as if there is something that can be done about.

what do you want to do, outlaw it? give me a fucking break.
>>
>>2966807
I wanted to buy a SNES around Christmas time. I found one in the first retro store I walked into. Cost me around $70.

I'm sorry that you think everything older than a PS4 should be worth $5, but that's clearly not the case.
>>
>>2966871
I've found that if I do something like that, I get bored, and decide to jump from game to game endlessly. It would be a better idea to do whichever one strikes your fancy and stick with it for a while, then dl another.
>>
>>2966114
reselling is imo acceptable in situations where you end up finding a bunch of games somewhere for cheap, and there are ones in the lot that you already have copies of or aren't interested in keeping, and so you put them up on ebay as standard auctions so that others can enjoy the goods.

It's fucking bullshit when there are 100 different resellers all listing their copies of super mario bros at 30 bucks on ebay and then others see these Buy It Now prices and assume that's the going price and they also list theirs at 30 bucks and then suddenly everyone else is listing it at 30 bucks. Look at all the times a game is only available through highly overpriced BINs that never ever actually get bought. And then some guy who saw some youtube video decideds he's going to pay 60 bucks for the game that normally goes for ~20. Suddenly that becomes the new norm and everyone is pricing it higher than before.

Pricecharting does a decent job documenting sale prices, but it also doesn't take into account all the times a game goes unsold when listed at a certain price.

>that's capitalism, scrub! Get rekt
This isn't an argument. I love the free market just as much as the next guy, but dickheads are still dickheads, and I'm not going to accept shitty behavior. I just wish others would too, but oh well.
>>
Three years ago, I started both collecting and reselling duplicate games that I found around my area. Admittingly, I do make profit if I find great deals, but most of the time I simply aim to break even. I usually list everything at the average going price, but I always sell in person. I only use ebay to buy a game I'm looking to own, or to find a system to sell to someone locally (after testing and cleaning it of course). In my area alone, I've sold about 80+ different systems, most of them NES consoles since I found the best way to move individual games is to bundle. I constantly hear stories of nostalgia from various customers, and them wanting to show their kids these older games, ect. I had 3 NES games before I started, and now I'm up to 700 or so between NES, SNES, and N64. Growing up with very little money to spend on games, it feels really nice to have such a big collection now.

But I'm pretty scummy I guess.
>>
>>2966871
I'm sorry what? I don't see those things as being mutually exclusive...

People saying buying is retarded are saying that because the prices are inflated making it far more expensive than it should be.

>>2966874
There is something that can be done. It's called not buying from scalpers. I do it every day. The market has itself to blame for letting prices get to where they are. If people could learn to relax and let stuff they want pass by because it's too expensive things would be much better. It's the prisoners dilemma...

>>2966876
I'm not sure anyone would suggest a SNES should be $5. $20-$40 maybe. At $70 you got ripped off my friend. SFC and a converter would have cost you FAR less and you'd have those sexy sexy curves...
>>
There are no safe bets left for collecting. Even just a few years ago, people could say "bro, get off ebay and just hunt around locally and you'll find plenty of deals!"

So let's take a tally then.

- Craiglist is nothing but shitters selling common bullshit for 5x the typical asking price on ebay, in addition to the added inconvenience of needing to meet up with an individual somewhere

- Fleamarkets are full of assholes that do a quick google search of all their games and suddenly think they're experts on the value of their shit and price them equal to the unsold buy-it-nows they see on ebay. Wow, such deal

- Retro game stores are the full of the biggest scumbags on earth. They charge higher than ebay and then smugly tell you "but you'll save on shipping! :^)"

- Garage sales are theoretically still good, but the probability of finding anything is low. How many houses do you have to go to in order to find anything vidya-related? And of those, what fraction is of stuff you are interested in? And of that fraction, how many are just selling them for a couple bucks instead of checking amazon and seeing how much their worth? How much time and effort do you have to dedicate towards maybe finding something? People love to list the scores they made, but nobody talks about all the times they wasted an entire day and turned up empty-handed. It's just not practical. I know many people enjoy "the hunt" itself, but from a purely pragmatic standpoint looking at money saved vs time spent, it's not worth it.
>>
>>2966973
As a side note I think it's lame to resell but if that's what you want to do more power too you. I wish more people would take my stance and just refuse to buy things at stupid prices but we all gotta pay our mortgage and I can't really blame you for taking a viable avenue to make some extra cash. I'm weird, I'll leave good deals if I already have the games and I don't know anyone that needs them. Yea it's probably a reseller that'll find it after me but I like to hope it's someone like me and finding that deal will just make their day.
>>
>>2966974
I've found that most retro game stores are pretty good here in Canada. I once drove across Canada with my wife to visit family in Seattle (which was also good for retro) and I found that every store has some made overpriced jazz. Every store I went to I was able to find some great deals. You really just have to keep looking and broaden what you're looking for.

Local shop wants $800 for vectrex and I think $90 for loose Kickmaster. Had a beautiful complete boxed Faxanadu for $30
>>
>>2966974
eBay is the lesser evil.

Sure, there is a lot of shit, but I've won a lot of decently priced games from auctions, and actually communicating with a seller.

It doesn't work with everyone, and most large scale sellers don't give a shit, but if you find a medium to small seller and give them a message going something like

"If I buy X and Y, can you give me a discount?"

"I'm interested in a few of these things, would you also sell me this other game/thing from a lot you have individually?"

I've done both. It works.

I had a dude throw in Dino Crisis 3 for free because I bought 2 other games from him, it was listed in a lot of a bunch of garbage Xbox games.

Buying multiple things from a seller is going to save you on shipping, and get you potential deals. People are way more willing to deal if you're going to buy a bunch of things.

Your mileage is going to vary.

If I list stuff at BiN's I always have make offer available, just have auto-decline set to be 50% to shut down low ballers. I also do scope buyers who offer me and see if they have stuff listed. If they have hundreds of games listed I don't deal with them, unless I've bought from them before.
>>
>>2967000
Exactly. It sucks because ebay is reseller central and you're competing with the entire world bidding on games, but it's still better than all the alternatives.

Really, the key to ebay is just being patient. The worst attitude to have is to find out about some game, immediately do an ebay search, and just buy whichever one suits your fancy. But if you just keep looking, you'll eventually find a time where you luck out.

For instance, I've been wanting to pick up Toejam and Earl for a while now. My cousin had that game back in the day and we played the shit out of it. I wanted to buy it, but prices were pretty high. But eventually I ended up finding an auction that nobody else bid on for whatever reason, and I got it (and 2 other good games) for 7 bucks including shipping.
>>
>>2967015
Auctions are a crapshoot but I agree, being patient is the key.

The eBay algorithm is fucking strange. Sometimes a game will get no buzz, and other times it's top of the listings.

It also is probably a lot of dumb luck. The worst thing that happens is if someone gets in their head that they need to win.

Bidding wars are the worst. It gets everyone a shitty deal that only benefits the seller. The inherent competition that generates is retarded. I remember distinctly losing a Mega Man X2 auction by like 15 bucks, then going and buying a BiN for 15 bucks less than that auction ended for, and it was in better condition.

Shop around, be patient is the absolute premium advice for eBay. Sometimes it's ok to splurge and go for a BIN, but even then you should absolutely shop around, even on ebay
>>
File: a doublenagger.jpg (8KB, 230x307px) Image search: [Google]
a doublenagger.jpg
8KB, 230x307px
>>2964510
This is what freeseller scum actually looks like. They are like reseller scum, but they get their stuff for free. They also expect to get tons and tons of labour for free, though that does go over very badly.
>>
>>2966973
>People saying buying is retarded are saying that because the prices are inflated making it far more expensive than it should be.

Sorry, I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. There are many people on this board who believe that buying any retro video game, under any circumstances, even for $1, is retarded, given how easy it is to emulate (or, how much cheaper it would be to get a flashcart in the long run). Even though I'm a collector myself, I'm inclined to agree with them. There's no reason for me to be buying all these games except for sentimental value. But it makes me happy to buy them, and I have the money to do it, so I do it.

Free emulation is why I think it's stupid for people to complain about price inflation. If buying the game was the only way to play it, then I would understand, but it's not. Saying that games are "far more expensive than they should be" is pretty meaningless, unless the price is literally based on false information about the game or its rarity. I'm willing to pay X dollars for the warm fuzzy feeling of owning a certain game. You're not willing to pay that much? Then I guess I get the game and you don't. You can play it on an emulator and probably have an identical experience.

>$20-$40 maybe. At $70 you got ripped off my friend.

But now I actually have a SNES, and the guy who's been looking for a deal for 11 years doesn't.

>SFC and a converter would have cost you FAR less

That's like saying to someone "why did you buy Super Metroid, you could have downloaded the ROM for FAR less". I didn't want a SFC. I wanted a SNES.
>>
>>2967027
Yeah, it can be random as fuck. I've "won" games for 10 dollars just to see the exact same game (in the exact same condition) get bid up to 25 bucks, and these auctions were within an hour of each other!

Completely random as fuck. That's why patience is key. If you have a small chance of getting a deal, keep at it and you eventually get that deal.
>>
>>2966974
>And of that fraction, how many are just selling them for a couple bucks instead of checking amazon and seeing how much their worth?

People here love to shit on resellers for being morally dubious, but have they ever considered how unethical it is to go hunting for deals at garage sales? You're basically cheating people out of money the same way price-gouging resellers do. If someone was selling Earthbound or something for $2, wouldn't it be much nicer to say "look man, the game is worth more money than that, you should check out what people are buying it for"? Instead of robbing him blind. Unless profiting off others' ignorance is only ok when YOU do it.
>>
>>2967034
>Unless profiting off others' ignorance is only ok when YOU do it.
If you're profiting off it, you're a reseller scum. If you're playing it, you're not. Simple as that.
>>
>>2967034
>>2967037
Trophy Hunters are way worse then resellers.

Bragging about ripping people off is a lot worse than buying something from someone then silently reselling it.
>>
>>2967037
The guy could have had something like $150 more dollars in his pocket (let's keep going with my example of an Earthbound cart being sold for $2) if you had given him a simple piece of information, but you didn't. You would not have had the cart, true, but if you wanted to play the game that bad, you could emulate it or download the rom to a flashcart. You chose the action that caused the guy to have $150 fewer dollars for no apparent reason. Why is that ethically ok?
>>
>>2967030
OK, fine, but how do you explain away inflation to THIS extent? Like, I could buy FFVII for $15-$20 3 fucking years ago, and now there's copies floating around for $50-$60, with the sellers calling it "rare", and you're OK with that? And there's worse shit out there too.

Like, I could have built up a great combined collection of SNES and PSX games with $500 3 years ago. Not that'll get you the main AAA games, and pretty much nothing else. If you shop around. And it's spreading to PS2 and even Xbox now, with prices climbing all the time, for no reason at all.

Even as a collector, I find that disgusting. I buy the games with the intention of reliving those old memories, not just to have trophies or something. I want to play Killer Instinct on an actual SNES, because that brings me back to my parents' living room on Christmas day in 1996. Not just to play it with a 360 controller on my laptop and certainly not just to own it just because. Those don't give me what I'm after, only the hardware will. Like it or not, this is valid and my opinion on the matter holds actual weight.

Obviously if you're a brainless collector who just wants to own things, or a pirate, you're not gonna give a fuck about inflation. The first group are retarded (sorry) and the second aren't effected by it. But people like me are hit hard by this bullshit.

I just want to be 12 again for an hour or two. I don't want to have to take out a fucking load to do so. That's ridiculous.

Especially when we're talking about defunct electronics. Like, would you pay $80 for a Walkman and some cassette tapes? No. No one would, because that's just stupid. And yet here we fucking are.
>>
>>2967030
Ahh I understand. I would argue that there is something missing when playing Emulated but I see your point.

I'd argue that SFC vs SNES is the same thing. The experience is the same. SNES vs Emu is not the same experience and thus your comparison is invalid. I think I'm also just judging you for wanting a SNES over an SFC which is clearly far superior.
>>
>>2966845
What is a real job?
>>
I've seen a couple of resellers locally.

One I was actually buying from. He posted on craigslist as though he were having a moving sale or something, but it was obvious it was more than that. It was too organized. When I got there, my suspicions were confirmed, he even had professional price labels. He seemed like an alright guy, young, casual, and unremarkable. His prices were below ebay prices and he had some uncommon games I was looking for and judging by the state of the house he was legitimately moving.

The second guy was real weirdo. I only ran into him at the local goodwill stores. I can't really tell you what he actually looked like because nobody knew. He always wore a baseball cap, dark sunglasses, and a surgical mask and he wore rubber gloves at all times. He'd come in, go straight for the games and immediately start looking prices up on his phone. He'd gather up anything worth more than the asking price and wouldn't look at anything else in the store. He was actually only the second weirdest person I've met at the local Goodwill.
>>
>>2967051
Most people selling don't give a shit, they just want it gone most of the time. Selling on eBay or craigslist is a hassle, a garage sale is a quick and easy way to move a lot of shit in a single morning as opposed to dealing with dumbasses constantly from craigslist, then having to meet them or wait for them to come get something only to flake.

Sure, if you're feeling bad, pop the guy a 10 instead of a 2. He'll feel good, and you'll feel good It's win-win.
>>
>>2967053
>Like, I could buy FFVII for $15-$20 3 fucking years ago, and now there's copies floating around for $50-$60, with the sellers calling it "rare", and you're OK with that?

No, I'm not ok with someone saying that FFVII is rare. I did mention in the post you quoted that one way a price can be legitimately over-inflated is if it's based on false information. If someone paid $200 for FFVII because they thought it was a rare one-of-a-kind find or something, then that would be stupid and wrong and people should spread the word so that kind of thing doesn't happen.

>I want to play Killer Instinct on an actual SNES, because that brings me back to my parents' living room on Christmas day in 1996. Not just to play it with a 360 controller on my laptop and certainly not just to own it just because. Those don't give me what I'm after, only the hardware will. Like it or not, this is valid and my opinion on the matter holds actual weight.

I may have said a couple harsh comments about collectors, but ultimately, I'm a collector myself, for precisely the reasons you outline. I do hate playing games with a 360 controller on my laptop. Playing SMB3 in front of a tiny computer monitor? Meh. Playing SMB3 on a TV with a NES controller? Pure poetry. It's magic. I get you, man.

(Although, surely you can hook your computer up to a TV and get a USB SNES controller? I mean, that still wouldn't satisfy me, only the exact original would satisfy me. But it might satisfy some people.)

(cont. below)
>>
>>2967053
I feel your pain, and it would be nice to own originals and not emulate

But fucking get over it. Don't be a little faggot hoarder who salivates over 30 year old plastic. This shitfest of an industry populated by obese poachers is completely irrelevant if you want to enjoy games. The only reason for owning all the original shit is for status and aesthetic.

Build a mame cabinet. Sit and wait for these massive "collections" to be worthless again as no real gamers care to buy it.

The solution is simple.
>>
>>2967053
(cont. from above)

>Obviously if you're a brainless collector who just wants to own things, or a pirate, you're not gonna give a fuck about inflation. The first group are retarded (sorry) and the second aren't effected by it. But people like me are hit hard by this bullshit.

Ok, so, I did just talk about how much I empathize with your view on this issue, and I don't mean the next thing to come off as rude or snarky at all, but let me just say a quick word about the economics of the situation. A lot of us who are interested in retro games are grown up and have real jobs at this point, and some of those jobs pay pretty decently. If some guy on eBay bids $60 for a game I want, then I can just bid $80 and not really think about it. It's not a lot of money to me. Because those are the types of people who are competing in the market, prices tend to go up.

For what it's worth, I never buy games purely as trophies. I only buy things that I want to play - mainly games that I heard about as a kid but missed out on - and I do make a point to play everything I buy. And I really do understand exactly what you're talking about, wanting to relive those memories. I hope you're able to build up the collection you want.

>Like, would you pay $80 for a Walkman and some cassette tapes? No. No one would, because that's just stupid. And yet here we fucking are.

I wouldn't. But there are people who have spent millions of dollars on misprint coins, or on paintings that are nothing but a few colored squares. People are weird and unpredictable.
>>
>>2966876
I know damn well that a SNES is worth more then $5, that's just a strawman done by resellers when you complain about prices.
>>
>>2967094
Lucky for me I've never resold a game in my life then! :^)
>>
Genuine question for you guys, Canadafag here looking to sell his collection. What is the best way to go about it? I know I have some stuff here I could charge a fucking ton for, but at the same time I don't really wanna price 1000 items or whatever it is I have.

I don't wanna trawl ebay to approximate sold prices (minus import, exchange rate, paypal fees and other bullshit taxes) but I do wanna charge a fair amount, I mean I don't want them all getting bought by store reps refilling their stock.

Is there a way I can sell my collection to the 'right' people for the 'right' price? I don't wanna be a reseller, but I do want to sell (my stuff, this one time) if that makes any sense.
>>
>>2966807
How much are you willing to pay for a snes?
>>
File: image.jpg (295KB, 998x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295KB, 998x1000px
>>2964824
>>
>>2966852

Pretty much. Greed is good. The almighty dollar is god. And altruism is the devil's work.
>>
>>2967151
Post in the /bst/, if there isn't one up just make one.

I'm interested in stuff. I'm in Canada too, so you could help a bruvuh out.
>>
>>2967151
>>2967179
Also theres no way for you not to price everything.

Go through everything you have, make a list (probably a spreadsheet organized by console) of everything, and then start either lotting up stuff or deciding if its being individual, and pricing things out.

Theres no way to do this well or quickly, it's Data entry at its core.

You will need to ship stuff, you will need to post on ebay or deal with retards on craigslist, especially if you're letting things go for cheap or even reasonable prices.

/vr/ likes to think Resellers have it easy, but selling games has been one of the stupidest and most frustrating experiences of my life at times. I have led a pretty easy and carefree life though.
>>
File: ps1.png (183KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
ps1.png
183KB, 800x480px
>>2964510
People who want to give up their gently used games for a dirt cheap price. They have a large collection of high quality bargain titles. They usually wouldn't try to rip me off, and you can tell if the game is good or not. Oh wait, I forgot, you guys collect Nintendo stuff! You must not like resellers then.
>>
>>2967151
Best option is probably vidya forums. Just realize that it's going to be pretty much impossible to just sell a massive amount of items at once, and you'd probably have to spend a fair bit of time just selling off small portions. A couple games here, a system there, etc.

And nobody is going to want to deal with shipping if buying a ton of stuff from you. So you could look around forums to find someone close to your area that you can correspond with.
>>
>>2967151
You in Ontario? I'm totally the right guy to buy some of your stuff :)
>>
>>2967190
>/vr/ likes to think Resellers have it easy, but selling games has been one of the stupidest and most frustrating experiences of my life at times. I have led a pretty easy and carefree life though.

I've always thought this. Which is why I find it so utterly baffling that people get into retro vidya solely to make a buck. There are so many better ways of making some money.
>>
>>2967151
How much for a 32X + Sega CD? I've always wanted these things to finally make my genesis complete.
>>
>>2967074
That's some creepy shit right there........
And sadly i can see that happen
>>
>>2967202
Shipping is just a reality of anything.

I honestly don't understand how amazon and shit can offer free shipping. It's like 8 bucks to mail something to someone in the same city, and maybe 25 for mail something across the country.

Make a thread guy selling stuff. I've had success buying and selling some stuff on /vr/ before, sure you get the whole

>lol not giving people on 4chan my info lol
but every individual is pretty normal honestly.
>>
>>2967179
will consider it anon, cheers.

>>2967190
>>2967202

I know, I did a huge stack for a convention where I was tabling a while ago, I did sell some stuff, but I think maybe I priced too high or people didn't care as much. I let someone else price half the stuff because we were rushing to get everything labelled for the show, so a bunch of it may be priced still but I lost the spreadsheet. I really don't want to deal with shipping or bullshit ebay fees and paypal and shit. So looks like local will be the way to go but I'm certainly not dropping it all into a reseller store. desu I'd like to break even on what I paid for most of it, but I know I'm gonna get hosed and I don't mind, I'm not here to make a profit, I'm here to turn my stuff back into money so I can put it towards buying a house.

>>2967204
I am yeah, anything you're looking for specifically?

>>2967213
Sadly one of the few things I lack is a 32x, I do have a Mega CD but not a Sega CD, yeah I have no fucking idea how either. Also I have a Power Base Converter so you can play Master System games on a genesis (and iirc it's one of the few ways you can use the MS 3D Glasses and game cards!)

I was tempted to just hit up my local retro stores to do some price checking, knock like 10/30% off their prices and sell through groups, does that seem like a good method?
>>
>>2967272
Groups are just as jewey as craigslist if not more so.

Your best bet is going to be craigslist if you're not willing to ship. Granted, if you've got a lot of really expensive shit, or a lot of crap you're going to definitely get a lot of really low ball offers. You will get a shitload of offers from scalpers, who will no doubt offer to buy everything. Retro stores are a waste of time, they'll take it all no doubt, but you'll get 1-2 bucks a game max, this is how retro stores make almost the entirety of their profits, it's buying huge amount of stock off of people who can't be bothered to sell it individually.

eBay opens up a lot of potentail buyers outside your area.

I strongly suggest you open your mind to shipping. I don't know the Ontario market super well but I've heard some horror stories from people there, and I'd imagine it's similar to Vancouver (tons of dumbasses, lowballers, and time wasters). You don't need a whole lot, just some bubble mailers and some cheap boxes are usually enough.

I can tell you, a 15 minute trip to the post office is a lot easier then waiting for some faggot to show up at the agreed location for an hour for something that's 25 bucks and he comes with 20 instead.
>>
>>2967152
$30 at the absolute highest considering that it would just be a trophy at this point
>>
>>2967272

You should just get a table here. I've found it's a pretty good meet up. http://www.vgcc.ca/
>>
>>2967272
If you want to send an email to kijijicrash(AT)hotmail(dot)ca I can send you my list if you like.

There are quite a few things I'm looking for :)
>>
>>2967272
Got any cool controllers or peripherals?

I'm looking for an Ace Combat 5 flight stick and some other controllers for various consoles.
>>
File: 1340663185525.jpg (228KB, 600x654px) Image search: [Google]
1340663185525.jpg
228KB, 600x654px
>>2967064
>I think I'm also just judging you for wanting a SNES over an SFC which is clearly far superior.
Aren't they just the same shit but with a different shell? I don't see what's really"superior" about that.
>>
>>2967314
Well there you have it. Sounds like you don't really want one, then.

I saw a Walkman comparison earlier. While it's not hard to find a Walkman for five bucks, it's a different situation if you're looking for a specific brand of high end devices that also happens to be popular. Similarly, you're not looking for just any 16-bit gaming system, not an SFami, not a Retron 2 and not some shitty knockoff. You're looking for a Super Nintendo Entertainment System, NTSC version, in almost perfect condition. Thirty bucks is pretty low for that.

And although charging 100+ for one is overcharging, if you'd sucked it up and bought one for fifty bucks a few years ago you'd have one now. Now you have nothing, and it's really only because you're an entitled fuck.
>>
>>2967314
I'd try amazon. I've seen them go as low as 30, but you really have to read the descriptions in the used section to be sure that you are getting everything that should come with it.

I've also had decent luck on ebay surprisingly.
>>
>>2967354
This mindset is just wrong though.

We're talking about videogames here, not some highly prized fucking antique, where ever increasing prices are expected or welcomed. They're not an investment they're fucking toys, that get outclassed every few years by newer toys. They're literally consumer electronics, and looking at it any other way is simply retarded.

Like, go up to any 16 year old and ask them if they'd be willing to pay $60 for Super Metroid, and they'll laugh their ass off at you. That right there should really spell it out for you, since 16 year olds are the main target audience for videogames, and honestly have been for a long time now.

IDK, maybe I'm just too used to the old ways, when prices changed from year to year, but with no major leaps in either direction. They stayed about the same price, and were reasonable.

Now it's a popular hobby, so even though there's enough copies of FFVII floating around for everyone who wants ONE to have FIVE, it's "RARE!!!!!!!" and costs almost 3X as much as it did just a couple years ago.

I will admit that games like Megaman Legends 2 deserve to cost as much as they do, but for god sakes, why is Kuon for the PS2 going for $120? I got one for $15 just 3 years ago. There's no rarity and no demand, it's just obscure and had a somewhat limited run, so now it's insanely expensive. Just like Haunting Ground and a bunch of other mediocre games that morons shell out cash for, because the box art looks good on their shelf.

The FACT of the matter here, is that morons are shelling out huge bucks for old, outdated toys that most people don't actually want. And why? A fucking fad? Just get the fuck out of mu hobby, fuck yourself while you're at it, and stop this retardedness before FFVII goes up to $100 per copy. Because it WILL. Mark my words. Just give it time.

And there's no justifying this by saying "just emulate it grandpa", because that's skirting the issue. I don't want free games I want reasonably priced ones
>>
>>2964824
desu collectors are as bad as resellers, a repro still lets you play the fucking game.
>>
>>2967403
Sure, I agree about the games. I know as much as anyone else that charging or paying 200 bucks for Earthbound is ridiculous. I was talking about the console, though, and never mentioned the games, only the console.

Toys or not, you have to consider that this is 20+ year old electronics. Millions may have been sold decades ago, but out of those not that many remain in playable condition - many cables were lost, casings were damaged, entire systems got thrown away, lost in basements etc. That, and these things can just break down over time. Again, you're not just paying for just any piece of outdated equipment, you're paying for a very specific one, in complete working condition, that many people also want to own. You don't get that for thirty bucks. You might have gotten it for 50-60 if you hadn't felt entitled to getting bargain bin prices on it, but now it's probably too late.
>>
>>2967403
Cheese with your whine sir?
>>
>>2967494
is that you kev?
>>
>>2967314
Unfortunately, in that case you either gotta be extremely lucky or catch someone slipping to get one within that price range

Have you considered the BST threads here? I sold my SNES mini on here (one of my doubles) for $25 a year or so ago. Just persevere and maintain good relations, hopefully you'll find a /vr/trooper willing to help you out
>>
>>2966807
>Go to thriftshop in ghetto area 2 or 3 times a week, on and off for almost two years
>Last year find an SNES, no controllers or wires for $10
>Pretty cool
>Week after, find anotherSNES, this time with a controller, mouse, wires, and a copy of Aladdin for $12
>Buy it too
>Also find a DS lite for $15

pretty cool. Most goodwills suck, really, try more out of the way thriftshops.
>>
>>2964510
I know a lot of resellers. None are fat or have a neckbeard or are jewish. I'm sure there are plenty like that but none I know.
>>
>>2966114
>Reselling isn't bad, in fact for most of the people here who scream about the big bad reseller boogeyman, they get their games from a reseller.
That's what makes these threads hilarious
>>
>>2969398
Again, I hope most differentiate. I mean fuck, I (and surely many, many others on here) was buying from a reseller back in the 90s when I'd go to Funcoland to look through their used games.
>>
I used to go game hunting with the intention to resell. I was still a freshman in high school at the time, using whatever Chinese new year money I had. While I did end up with with quite a lot of valuable games, I never got around to selling them. I eventually gave them to my older brother, who recently became a collector himself.
>>
>>2967015
>But eventually I ended up finding an auction that nobody else bid on for whatever reason, and I got it (and 2 other good games) for 7 bucks including shipping.

Cool story Sis, people snipped and shillbid all US auctions.
>>
>>2969886
>tfw put a very reasonable max bid on a jamma board
>some dude snipes me with 15 seconds left
>bid for the remaining 15 seconds using 1 click bid

And thats the story of how I cost someone 150 dollars.
>>
>>2966681
yeah and wanka is a chocolate reseller profiting over the hard work of the oompa loompas...
nintendo made the art sound and product those 3rd word squatters were glad to just be able to make some money with big ol' japan, this was in the 90's japan was almost #1 PCGPD
>>
File: videogamereseller.jpg (12KB, 279x269px) Image search: [Google]
videogamereseller.jpg
12KB, 279x269px
>>
Resellers abducted my family and sold them on ebay, those fucking scumbags.
>>
>>2967074
You wouldn't happen to live in Southern California would you?

I swear I've run into the exact same first guy you were talking about: advertised a yard sale, showed up to find only a few things on the driveway with the bulk of his stuff being vidya behind a table in the garage. Everything was price tagged at near-eBay prices. Turned out he was a traveling reseller, he even put his "store's" logo on a red van, shit looked like it was made in MS Paint in 10 minutes.
>>
>>2969989
A guy like that who does "yardsales" is probably trying to avoid registering as a business.
>>
>>2966108
Radical Reptilians
Ninja Nematodes
>>
>>2969989
Nope, central VA.
>>
>>2969994
wait, isnt USA the land of opportunities? where you can register a business in 1 day for a few 10s of dollars, low taxation etc

in my country you dont Register a biz with less than a 800 shekels (which is about 1 minimum monthly salary) so you cant even start micro from your house
>>
File: John_Hancock_1770-crop.jpg (289KB, 556x780px) Image search: [Google]
John_Hancock_1770-crop.jpg
289KB, 556x780px
Imagine? They look like the spics at the flea market I see every Saturday, no imagination necessary. If they're white they always have that pretentious, slightly disgruntled geek personality.
>>
>>2970348
No, you need a tax ID number, all the state, local, and federal permits required for whatever you do, if you're running it out of a store front you need a lease and most likely insurance. The United States of America isn't what people think it is.
>>
There's a good reason to get out of the US retroge market. A month of Japanese teaches you everything you need to know to play anything that isn't an RPG. In 2 years of study you can play those too(Note that learning Japanese for this reason, as well as any other is stupid). You can find nearly any famicom/sufami game for less than 20 bucks on ebay and even cheaper on yahoo auctions. I used to pick up huge lots of famicom and sufami games, keep the ones I wanted and resell everything for $1-5 and still make a profit. Some of the markets over there are kinda fucked but overall everything is reasonably priced as long as there isn't a sexy girl on the box
>>
>>2964797
My expert says its worth $5,000. Best I can do is $25 for it.
>>
>>2964727
This is probably the most accurate depiction. My friend's dad's friend was/still is a pretty big retailer when eBay started picking up steam around 2005 and he just had the basement of his parents grocery store filled with random stock, and when he'd be there with the store "open" (See: The only reason he had the option to buy things there was because he was physically there either way) he just watched his auctions and packaged items. The entire break room was just flat boxes, rolls of bubble wrap, and packing peanuts, which he would also sell.
>>
>>2966827

Um...I buy scrubs at goodwill. They're like 3 bucks each
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 316x408px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 316x408px
They all look like this
>>
>>2965138
11 years ago nobody wanted SNESs, dingus.

I still see them for 20-30 bucks every now and then at the swap meet or as a lot with a couple games for ~50 bucks on craigslist.
Either you suck at game hunting or you're simply an autistic troll.
>>
>>2967074
I hate people at thrift stores that bogart a whole stack of something while looking prices up on their phone.
Like please, have a cursory knowledge of what it is you're reselling.
>>
>>2967403
Actually, FFVII has gone down in price.
It can be had for like 20-30 bucks now.
>>
>>2973158
I wanted a SNES back then, actually. Maybe even a bit earlier, like 2004. I saw an ad in GamePro for a store that carried SNES games (was it GameStop?) and asked my parents if they would buy me a SNES and they said no because they had just bought me a PS2 not long before that.

Damn it would have been nice to start collecting back then. Not even for profit, since I never sell games, it just would have been nice to get SNES games for bargain bin prices instead of what they go for now.
>>
>>2973201

I remember we had a thread here not too long ago where some guy chronicled his experience of getting into a fight with a guy who had piled up games and was going through them while checking prices on his phone (or his girlfriend was helping him do it).

I'm of the belief that until it is sold it isn't yours so if someone snatches it from your examination pile, sorry, you're out of luck. If you have it in a basket or something and are clearly buying it and someone snatches it, that is a bit more grey, I guess, but simply trying to hoard a pile of stock while you take your dear sweet time to check prices makes you enough of a douche that you have no room to bitch if someone who has already done their research wants to buy the game snags it from your checking pile. At a certain point you can't just hog an entire section of a store's stock and expect everyone to wait while you pick out everything worth buying.
>>
>>2973331
>my belief about my entitlement to someone elses property means anything in the real world
>>
File: SpPlmTi.jpg (76KB, 1200x945px) Image search: [Google]
SpPlmTi.jpg
76KB, 1200x945px
Every reseller I've even seen has been mehican.

>>2973132
never seen a poo seller
>>
>>2964510
I only know one resaler.
Let's just say he'sliterally a Jew.
>>
>>2975013
You realize that the person who tries to monopolize the store's stock while slowly pricing things to determine if he's actually going to buy any of them is acting far more "entitled" than the guy who snatches something he is actually going to buy from the other guy's "maybe" pile, right? Either you're the cuck who sits and waits his turn or your the kind of douche who thinks he should be granted all the time in the world to comb over the store's inventory at the expense of everyone else.
>>
>>2964542
This or people that run flea market stalls.

Honestly I'm kind of torn on the issue. I'm more comfortable with the idea of people getting a valuable cartridge, then selling/trading it so they can get another valuable cartridge they'd rather have/play. This way at least the games are going to people that'll actually play them.

But people that try to make a living off of it, I don't have any high opinions of them. Especially the fucks that own stores that sell this shit at a ridiculous inflated price.

I understand some carts are worth a good amount of money, but the amount they charge would make Yaweh blush.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (75KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
75KB, 1920x1080px
The Fire Emblem Fates Collectors:
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.