[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All we agree that Final Fight arcade is the best game but Street

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 10

File: Final-Fight-vs-Streets-of-Rage1.jpg (385KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fight-vs-Streets-of-Rage1.jpg
385KB, 630x420px
All we agree that Final Fight arcade is the best game but Street of Rage series is better than Final Fight series.
Right?

>Yuzo Koshiro
>>
>>2963857
Yes.

Also Streets of Rage 3 > Streets of Rage 2
>>
>>2963861
>Also Streets of Rage 3 > Streets of Rage 2
Ew, no.
>>
>>2963861
I'd say that SOR2 is still the best game, but SOR3 is heavily underrated in the west. Thank Sega America for that
>>
>>2963857
Holy shit are you me? yeah i agree, Final Fight SNES games suck balls.
>>
SOR1 is overrated. 2 and 3 are great tho'.
>>
>>2963886
If they hadn't fucked up the difficulty the game would have been fantastic. The music in 3 is still shit though but I can deal with that.
>>
>>2963894
The SNES games are really gimped by only having 3 characters on screen at once. Also how the fuck did it take 3 games for Guy to finally be playable on a console?
>>
File: BB Box front.jpg (684KB, 2176x1528px) Image search: [Google]
BB Box front.jpg
684KB, 2176x1528px
>>2964165
>Also how the fuck did it take 3 games for Guy to finally be playable on a console?
'cause Final Fight Guy came out in Nipland between 1 and 2. It was a Blockbuster exclusive in 'murrica, while Yurop didn't even get it at all.
>>
>>2963861

Oh boy, this guy again.
>>
>>2964165

Sega CD version is GOAT
>>
>>2963857
I wouldn't even call Final Fight Arcade anything but on par with Streets of Rage.
>>
>>2964357
>Slow punch speed
>GOAT
Nope.
>>
>>2964364
Maybe if we're talking about 2 and 3, but SOR1 feels too barebones and simplistic.
>>
>>2964396
The flipping over an enemy and the fact you can slow down your combos so you can keep doing damage without performing a knockdown makes the fighting better. Final Fight comes off awfully generic by comparison. It looks better, sure, but the fighting just feels boring by comparison.
>>
I actually like SoR 1 the most. I can't exactly put my finger on the reason, though. Maybe it's the difficulty and ass cool soundtrack.

inb4 jogability
>>
>>2964409
The three protagonists in SOR1 felt interchangeable for me. At least Haggar, Cody and Guy each had their different fighting style with their unique moves and characteristics. There's nothing more satisfying that grabbing a punk as Haggar and perform a pile drive.
>>
>>2964409
>Final Fight comes off awfully generic by comparison
Except Final Fight set most of the conventions of the genre in the 90s. Where do you think the desperation attack, on-contact grabs and varied enemy design from SoR came from?
>>
>>2964461
>Where do you think the desperation attack, on-contact grabs and varied enemy design from SoR came from?

Renegade/Kunio, Double Dragon, maybe Golden Axe. Not that the point of origin for concepts is particularly important when you can have someone make a blatant ripoff of a game and manage to do it better.
>>
>>2964528
None of those have desperation attack, and they have quite lackluster enemy design. They kinda have grab system but it's pretty archaic, Final Fight's on-contact grabs were quite intuitive and pretty much all 90s brawlers ripped it off.
>>
>>2964567
Honestly, the on contact grabs aren't particularly interesting. Final Fight doesn't even handle them particularly well. Playing Streets of Rage, you're always presented with a choice of how you fight. You can punch slowly, doing less damage, but not knocking enemies away, or you can do the typical button mashing combo moves, or you can get a few hits in, go for a grapple, do a few knees by holding the direction of the enemy, or do a throw by pressing the opposite direction, or hit jump to hop over their head, both getting you out of danger and setting you up to suplex the enemy. There is always an option to change up how you fight, and you can perform whatever combination of moves you like.

Final Fight is much more clumsy in that regard. Your grappling is limited to knees and throwing, throwing being what you end up doing 90% of the time because any direction+attack is throw. There is no controlling of your basic melee attacks either, you always do a combo, and the second you let up to maybe try and go for a grab, the enemy you were just pummeling strikes back. The only interesting thing to do is go for a grab, jump, and do a slam/pile driver, but even then its risky because you don't set yourself up for the grapple, you just try to get the grab and hope the enemy doesn't get on the same level as you and start punching.
>>
>>2964675
>You can punch slowly, doing less damage, but not knocking enemies away, or you can do the typical button mashing combo
Nigger that's just an unintended infinite combo, you can infinte in Final Fight too if you actually played it.
>or you can get a few hits in, go for a grapple, do a few knees by holding the direction of the enemy, or do a throw by pressing the opposite direction
Yes, all of this was stole from Final Fight, except you don't have to hold any direction for the knees.
> or hit jump to hop over their head, both getting you out of danger and setting you up to suplex the enemy.
That's just an unnecessarily annoying way to do a foward throw, it has the same function. Final Fight's grab controls were much better in that regard since all you have to do is press the direction you want to throw, it's a VERY useful move if you want to master the game.

tl;dr git gut, you just proved that Final Fight did it first years before but with more intuitive controls.
>>
also
>There is no controlling of your basic melee attacks either, you always do a combo, and the second you let up to maybe try and go for a grab, the enemy you were just pummeling strikes back.
Press down when doing a combo, dumbass.
>>
>>2964764
>Nigger that's just an unintended infinite combo, you can infinte in Final Fight too if you actually played it.
I don't think it's unintended because bosses actually defend against that.
>>
>>2964785
Except they got rid of that in SoR3 (leading to that awful combo system).
>>
>>2964795
Where you combo the air, yeah I agree.
Good posts, btw.
>>
SoR2>SoR3>FF arcade>>>>>SoR1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the shitty FF sequels on SNES

you can close the thread now.
>>
>>2964957
What about Streetwise?
>>
>>2964957
SoRR > All of those
>>
>>2964160
Hm. The Japanese version is too easy though. Set it on hardest, and just spam level 3 blitzes for an easy one-life-clear, especially with Zan. SOR3 otoh Blaze reigns because jump kicks are so pivotal. Not counting Shiva obviously. BK3 is too easy even on hardest, and the US version is a bit too cheap.

I love SOR1 and SOR2 though.

SOR2 is the GOAT 16-bit console beat'em up in my book.

SOR1 is nowhere near GOAT status. It's simplistic and lacks replay value, but it's just a pleasure to play and I'd play it over the SNES Final Fights any day. The music and atmosphere are great and the game holds a lot of nostalgia for me. It's one of those games to have in your collection just because it's a quality game, not necessarily because it'll get tons of replays.

SOR3 even though its badly designed (difficulty-wise) and unpolished is still fun to play, but in a pick-the-joke-character-in-a-fighting-game sort of way.

Final Fight arcade is the absolute GOAT. I hate the sequels though. Hate'em. Also, I blame the SNES port for giving the game a bad reputation to those who never played the arcade game first.

>>2964409
Final Fight arcade is the deepest game in the genre's entire library. It's one of those games that will fully be appreciated once you're able to 1cc it or at least get pretty good. A lot of other (newer) games like Shadow over Mystara and A vs P, will be appreciated immediately because they're fun, intense, aesthetic, and flashy, but once you know the games inside-out and can 1cc them, you'll think they're not that special after all. But Final Fight is the opposite. At first, you'll get your ass kicked and complain that the gameplay and controls are clunky, but once you get good, then you'll be in awe at how amazing the game design and gameplay are. It's the only beat'em up that ever made me feel that way desu.
>>
>>2965093
Dunno if it's the deepest, but it definitely has more depth than people's first impression.
The only downside in the game is that the bosses are quite cheeseable, but the regular levels and enemies are easily some of the genre's best.
>>
>>2965105
Name me a deeper beat'em up.

Anyway, I probably think this way because I use Guy most of the time. Haggar too is a highly technical character.

Guy is such an underrated character. Most people don't even know that he has two types of rebounds. His normal one and a super-fast one with ridiculous recovery that is so fast that sometimes Axel/Slash can't even block on time, and let's you set up anything you want due to the massive crowd-clearing and awesome recovery. Also he has the best pipe and sword in the game, arguably better than Haggar, which is a subtle but awesome advantage. Everyone's sword/pipe have the same exact horizontal reach, but Guy's hurtbox stays back keeping him safe, while everyone else moves forward making them vulnerable, esp. Haggar. Also, Cody's sword/pipe has 1 less vertical-axis pixel reach (about 70-80% of the time - not random - it's frame-based) than Guy and Haggar. Guy has the best walking speed, a great jab, jump kicks with no startup, long back jump, & the super rebound. He's just as good as Cody all-game-round except for like 2 hard spots in the last level where Cody's knife is priceless. But it takes a lot more work to get the same results with Guy as Cody. Haggar is still the best though, jab infinites be damned. It's not like Haggar doesn't have his gut punch infinite.
>>
>>2965114
I'd say Warriors of Fate is deeper and more technical, but yeah Final Fight isn't far behind.
>>
>>2965114
Nice info there, yeah i feel a lot safer with Guy when using a Katana, now i see why.
Also, how do you trigger the "super rebound" or it's random? Either way, the rebound sure is underrated by newcomers, but it's a very useful crowd control move.
>>
>>2965134
Yeah, that's definitely up there for sure. Might even be harder than FF overall, but personally I wouldn't necessarily equate being harder with being deeper or more technical. Don't get me wrong, WOF is a very deep and technical game. I just feel FF edges it out. In WOF, you can improvise if you have good crowd-clearing, enemy herding, and fundamentals, while FF it's required to know each of the individual enemy types by-heart and it helps a bunch to have previous knowledge for individual sections of the game (kinda like having previous experience and knowing the solutions to each level in Bubble Bobble). If you can 1cc with Guan Yu then you can easily do the same with 3 others, but Haggar, Guy and Cody all require different sets of skills (though admittedly, not THAT different). Huang Zhong is another story obviously and makes it an entirely different game. WOF deserves a lot of credit for not having cheeseable bosses though, on the other hand, it can be attributed to the 3-hit knockdown rule, which sorta limits the offensive potential of the characters. Like the flashiest things you can do are 3-jabs-to-throw and grab tricks, though once again HZ is another story and can do some crazy shit. Anyway, both games are neck and neck to me, but I definitely acknowledge your side as well.
>>2965146
It's not random. After jumping toward a wall, hold the opposite direction when rebounding.

Exhausted and gotta sleep. Will answer replies tomorrow. Peace.
>>
>>2964764
>you just proved that Final Fight did it first

That was never really in contention. I don't know why you have a hard on for "FF did it first!"
>>
>>2964781
>Press down when doing a combo

huh. That actually helps with clearing out enemies behind you. What other controls should I know about? Like how do you infinite in Final Fight, because I can't figure it out for the life of me.
>>
>>2963861
no.
>>
>>2963857
Quite possibly the greatest belt 'em up of all time...
>>
>>2965740
And i don't know why you have a hard on for SoR having the exactly same features but with worse controls.
>>
>>2963857

Final fight is bullshit mechanics wise. You have to use movement glitches and AI exploits to even stand a chance.And the game loves to surround you with 8 guys. Might be better in 2p mode though.
>>
File: CYL-tzSVAAAjQtV.jpg orig.jpg (195KB, 550x839px) Image search: [Google]
CYL-tzSVAAAjQtV.jpg orig.jpg
195KB, 550x839px
>>2964957
FF Arcade = SOR2 > SOR3 > Final Fight 3 > SOR1 > SNES Final Fight (Guy version included) > Final Fight 2 (the only game in the series I genuinely didn't care much for)
>>
>>2966053
You just suck.
>>
>>2966081
>SNES FF's
>better than anything
OPINION DESCARTE'D
>>
>>2966083

So you can 1cc the game without using that stuff? You might want to upload it to youtube since literally none of the expert players can even do it.
>>
File: 20081123150425.jpg (118KB, 969x241px) Image search: [Google]
20081123150425.jpg
118KB, 969x241px
>>2966101
>Dismissing an honest opinion with a meme reply.
Final Fight 1 on SNES is still pretty playable despite being 1P only. Final Fight 2 on the other hand sucks. The character's movement are too slow feeling and the new cast don't have the same charisma as the originals.
>>
>>2966149
I'm dismissing your opinion because your tastes are poop and what you say is wrong.

Now, if you'll excuse me, here's your (You).
>>
>>2966132
You mean something like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6ar3A5Wz0
And not him but i've 1cc'd the game with Haggar countless times, his cheap stuff is minimal.

>>2966149
I'm with you in this one, Final Fight 1 is a mediocre version of the first game, but it's still more fun than FF2 and FF3, at least it's challenging.
>>
>>2966048
>worse controls

Hardly. They're way more intuitive than whatever is going in in Final Fight. SoR also managed to avoid the cardinal sin of porting a multiplayer beat'em'up with only a single player mode. Everything you can do in Streets of Rage is pretty evident if you take the time to fool around and see what you can do. In Final Fight, after trying to re-evaluate the nuances of it, all I've come across is holding a direction while combo-ing to end in a throw (useful, kind of obvious in hind sight), jumping backwards to get across the screen faster, and shifting to get infinite combos, which looks more like a bug in Final Fight and like an intended method of fighting in Streets of Rage.
>>
>>2966254
>Final Fight arcade is bad because the SNES version is bad!
Fuck off and git gut australia-kun.
>>
>>2966254
nub
>>
File: turtles.jpg (78KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
turtles.jpg
78KB, 640x455px
>>2963857
Turtles in Time is better than either Final Fight or Streets of Rage games, you faggot.
>>
>>2966254
you didnt even know about holding up or down to throw in final fight... and you expect us to take you seriously? face it, you're just new. stop being so damn vocal and opinionated when you havent even played the games much.
>>
>>2966254
ALl your fucking complaints about Final fight would disappear the moment you get a little good. im dead serious. Make this a goal for this week or something. Get to stage 3 without losing a life. That's all i m asking homeslice
>>
>>2966448
Didn't say it was bad. It's just not that good unless you want to learn the thing deep enough that you get into shit like exploit sliding and cheesing the AI, which I'm sure is a good payoff for people in to that sort of thing.

>>2966468
If I could get a decent answer out of most of you people it wouldn't be an issue. Its not like holding up or down is particularly consistent in the arcade version. I was managing to pull that off better in the SNES version, which goes back to what I was saying about SoR being intuitive. The only person making any sense is >>2965093, who points out you have to try and 1CC the thing to get good enough to appreciate the depth. If you all some point beyond "SoR is a rip off" and nonsensical shit like the controls sucking in SoR, please illuminate me, because I'm trying to figure out what I need to understand to move from "Final Fight is a generic quarter muncher beat'em'up" to "Final Fight is the best beat'em'up of all time. ALL TIME".

>>2966482
Challenge accepted. Will report back when its done.
>>
>>2966490
>muh AI exploits/cheesing
Except SoR2 has much more of this on Mania than FF. Since the Genny can't handle 10 enemies on screen the only thing they could do to make it harder is giving the enemy lightspeed walking compared to your slowass character.
>>
>>2966490
>. Its not like holding up or down is particularly consistent in the arcade version
its very consistent. there isnothing inconsistent about it.

>>2966490
do it on the arcade version, of course.
>>
>>2966490
>Its not like holding up or down is particularly consistent
It's very consistent and works 100% of the time, you just fucking need to get good.
>>
>>2966132

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1LPntj7aM
>>
>>2966519
Not mine, and im not even the guy you replied to. just proving u wrong since u said no one can do it. and it appears he's playing live on a streaming website like twitch
>>
>>2966176
The "(you)" meme
>>
>>2966465
Not Hyperstone Heist superior hit detection.
>>
>>2966506
>Since the Genny can't handle 10 enemies on screen

Are you seriously using that as an argument against SOR? It had pretty much the most onscreen enemies out of any home console beat-em-up in the 90s until the 32bit consoles came out three years later. And it did with almost no slowdown - I think it only has slowdown in the part immediately before Jet.

And I don't even remember many enemies with lightspeed walking. There are like two galsias that do it, maybe. The difficulty lies in the fact that enemies, when they get in range, WILL attack you, and since you have a ton of them you'll get surrounded and bleed health too fast.
>>
>>2966513
>do it on the arcade version, of course.

Of course.

>>2966517
>It's very consistent and works 100% of the time

Maybe at the proper range, which for Haggar seems to be more forgiving. This type of thing I'm more used to doing in Renegade or Double Dragon where you would hit a few times, go for a grab, and then proceed to do whatever you want from there. Cody and Guy don't do a throw if you're punching at the edge of your range.
>>
>>2966562
>Maybe at the proper range
No, Bro. It's 100% consistent. Maybe you were playing the Amiga port or something.
>>
>>2966545
It was impressive for a home console, but having 5 or 6 enemies max means they have to buff the enemies more to make it challenging. I'm not making shit up, the speed buff in enemies is quite evident.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrZS-g7bfaw
>>
>>2964219
Yeah I remember reading about it. I think it was in that section in the back of Total (or similar) which lists all the games with a summary and score.

I never got the SNES Final Fight but, for a long time, it was the game I made a beeline for in every arcade I went to. Or in some takeaway.
>>
>>2963857
I have a soft spot for the Final Fight sequels, so no.

Plus the American version of Streets of Rage 3 sucks. And the first one is largely obsoleted by 2.

Final Fight 1 arcade and 3 are both worth playing now since they're so different.

Overall I'd give the edge to Final Fight.
>>
>>2964781
In Turtles In Time I never managed to distinguish between the sequence to throw an enemy at the ground and towards the screen. On the Shredder battle it was basically pot luck for me.
>>
>>2966598
you hold up or down for the slam throw. neutral for the 3D throw. last time i played turtles in time was 15 years ago. this shit is basic, man.
>>
>>2966519

>backwards jumping past all the enemies
>using pipe and sword conveyor belt
>controlling enemy spawns

Yeah, try again.
>>
>>2967024
Did you start gaming like 2 years ago?
>>
>>2967039

Nah, I just played games where you don't have to do those things. Like SOR.
>>
>>2967024
What's the pipe and sword conveyor belt trick?
>>
>>2967141
do you realize that a 1cc in final fight means 3 lives? do you realize a "1cc" in sor2 is having like 13+ lives in total on your first credit?

so you're telling me that you can beat mania mode with 3 lives? 8) WITHOUT any "cheap" shit, since you're such a fucking vanilla mama's boy.

like using jab infinites with axel/blaze/skate. no "glitches" like max's back grab from a jump down smash because "it looks like a bug". no picking up "secret" items like hidden lives. no block glitch kills with max on zamzas and barbons. No infinite throws on bosses that can be grabbed when they get up (you DO know what i'm talking about, rite?).
>>
>>2967141

Now since youre so confident about sor2 being such a fair game. Its your turn to upload a youtube vid of you beating mania with 3 total lives, or find one on youtube (one that is NOT tool-assisted obviously).

your vid is immediately disqualified with any of the things mentioned here >>2967245

you do realize that shit like infinite throwing bosses on the elevator in the last level is something that everyone who isn't a newb does, rite? GASP isn't that a fucking exploit, you freaking newb who didn't even know about the throw combo in final fight, and thinks it's hard to actually do.
>>
>>2966578
It might be my shitty arcade stick.

As far as trying to 1CC the first three levels goes, I'm not finishing that tonight, although I've come to the conclusion that the game is just designed to be a quarter muncher and getting good at it is entirely a matter of managing enemy placement. 1st stage, super easy. 1st Boss, he himself is pathetically simple, but beating him without losing a life is mostly a matter of handling the knife guy spawn, fat guy spawn, and not getting caught in the molotovs. Stage 2 is a bit more difficult in that there are Andres everywhere, which by themselves are easy to kill, but trying to deal with them and knife guys or whoever else is on screen is pretty annoying. Boss 2 is mostly easy. Approach from above or below, watch out for charges if he doesn't have both swords. Stage 3 starts off with bullshit and continues from there with an 8 guy pile up and an Andre.

I just spent 6 hours playing Final Fight, restarting on a game over, and its not really dynamic at all. It's all about memorizing where enemies spawn and what they spawn doing and not getting caught in a stunlocked whirlwind of bullshit, with most of that being achieved by careful herding of enemies so the AI falls in to an easily killable pattern. Kudos to people who memorized that shit, but honestly its just getting tedious as fuck at this point. There are plenty of other beat'em'ups out that don't really on rote memorization as their defining progression mechanic, where the enemy or stage requires you to change up your fighting style instead of saying "welp, you missed that throw, get fucked and do it right next time." The game is almost as bad as the last stage of Renegade, except it starts at the first boss. Shit's easy until you fuck something up, and then the machine eats your quarter.
>>
>>2967265
you got your ass kicked by final fight is what happened.
>>
File: poison.jpg (317KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
poison.jpg
317KB, 1000x563px
>>2967285
If you say so. I've got better things to do than try and prove I'm better than a quarter muncher. The point is I just dropped a significant chunk of time in to the game and I'm still not impressed.
>>
>>2967332
you want some tip, m8?
>>
>>2967340
If you've got some, sure.
>>
>>2967347
git gud.
>>
>>2967024
I give you the first, but your other points are retarded. Katana and Pipe are still fallible and dangerous weapons to use, much more than say, Max's Katana in SoR2. Also you are a damn pussy if you can't remember a couple of enemy spawn, because memorization is minimal in Final Fight compared to other games.
>>
>>2967265
>Stage 3 starts off with bullshit and continues from there with an 8 guy pile up and an Andre.
kekked here, you just suck. The only thing you have to do there is this useful move you just learned today newfriend >>2964781

The only enemy spawn you have to memorize in the game are the fat guys, nothing else is needed, you just are a pussy 2bh.
>>
>>2967145
>>2967381

Not sure if it was clear, but the pipe/sword conveyor belt is when he swaps back and forth between the two. It lets him bring in extra weapon to the boss fight that he wouldn't have otherwise had.

Here's the vid with time marker.
https://youtu.be/6y1LPntj7aM?t=21m25s

And spawn controlling makes a huge difference in FF. Like the Edi.E boss fought normally is swarming with enemies but you can make it so you literally just have to fight him.
>>
>>2967420
hey. answer this>>2967245 and >>2967259
>>
>>2967420
Bringing stuff to bosses is cheating for you? retarded logic, if anything it's good administration of resources and not easy to do. Besides that's much more exploitable in Cadillacs, Punisher, AvP etc. since you can bring guns and food to the bosses.

Agreed with Edi. E though, it's well known that Final Fight has cheeseable bosses, JUST like SoR.
>>
>>2967430

That pretty disingenuous. I'm pretty sure you can tell that moving items forward in the way he did wasn't really an intended part of the gameplay.
>>
>>2967432
Maybe because you suck balls at the game, Abigail isn't as hard as it looks, i'd say doing wall jumps is safer and faster than the pipe there, but that's also cheating for you right? kek
>>
>>2967420
that player is a great final fight player but not 'that' great a guy player. he can't do the triangle jump properly. he got through because of his good knowledge of the game. you dont need to carry all those weapons with you. he probably just did it for insurance because guy isn't his main.
>>
>>2967245
>>2967259

I've mostly had SoR1 and SORR in mind, but SoR1 vanilla can totally be done without using any exploits. There are some really powerful and easy to use ones like the grab-regrab move and you just don't need to use them.

Literally the first result on YT for "streets of rage longplay" has a guy playing through without having to use that shit against bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMsBkXGDix4

He does use the back kick a lot- it's tedious but not an exploit. He does use regrab against some minor enemies but I know from my own playthrough you don't have to.

Any more ad homs you got to send to me?
>>
>>2967459

i specifically said Sor2. nice fucking sidestep you cunt.

anyone can 1one credit sor1 after a couple tries. that game is easy.

>Any more ad homs you got to send to me?

we were obviously talking about sor2, retard.

now go on. ignore my post because i fucking destroyed your entire argument.
>>
>>2967459
oh and are you sure you wanna bring up sor1? because that game has more cheese than sor2 and ff combined

oh, and lmao @ linking to World of Longplays which is notorious for using save states.

goddamn you are a dumbass
>>
File: 1394667117198.gif (3MB, 350x336px) Image search: [Google]
1394667117198.gif
3MB, 350x336px
>mfw people argue over semantics in beat em ups

SoR2>
>>
>>2967481
nice fucking unrelated shitpost to divert attention away from this guy's >>2967459 complete and utter ongoing humiliation
>>
>>2967469

You did specifically say SoR2... out of nowhere.

>>2967473
>save states
>this refutes everything

Let me know when you have something relevant to say.

I find it pretty funny how ass blasted you all are getting. Aren't you getting close to your 30s?
>>
>>2967487

You haven't even brought up a single valid point though.
>>
>bringing SoR1 as an example of good gameplay
Nigger that game is just jump kicks and infinites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xY_lmxSDIc
>>
>>2967502

You're missing the point of what people are trying to argue here. You DON'T have to use those in SoR. You DO in Final Fight.
>>
>>2967496
>You did specifically say SoR2... out of nowhere.
idiot. we were always talking about sor2 in this thread. nobody gives a shit about sor1 and sor3. and sorr isnt even retro

>save states are okay
goddamn you're dumb.

>>2967498
then why don't you fucking address >>2967245 >>2967259 already? you can't. i specifically said sor2 yet you talk about sor1 and sorr.

>>2967506
how about you stop playing on normal difficulty you fucking baby. if you don't do infinite jabs in sor1 then you're gonna do jump kicks all day.
>>
>>2967506
You don't need them faggot, quit using crappy games that are even more cheeseable to justify your awful skills.
>>
>>2967506
You're the faggot who only played SoR remake and you're basing all your opinions off of that shit. How about you actually play the fucking games that we're actually talking about you retarded little gimp
>>
>>2967512

Then show us proof someone can do it without them in FF.
>>
>>2967523

I said I did.

Why am I arguing with people that don't have basic reading comprehension?
>>
>>2967536
you know jack shit about the games though.
>>
>>2967459
>using a World of Longplays vid in a gameplay argument
Confirmed for casual that doesn't know basic shit.
>>
>>2967516

No one's talking about SoR 2 but you bro. Are you having a conversation all in your head or something?

I said "like SoR" to be any game that doen't require exploits like FF

>having save states is relevant to the mechanics of the game!

Can you even put 2 and 2 together? Do you literally not understand the concept of relevancy? And it's probably not using save states anyway. That's something you brought up.

>then why don't you fucking address >>2967245 >>2967259 already?

There was no point to address.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCvAZsNDk4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzIRgOpZczU

We have runs like this and you newfags think Final Fight is only beatable with infinites? you niggas are fucking pathetic and should be ashamed for being so shit at your hobby.
>>
>>2967548
>like SoR

sor1, 2 and 3 all have exploits, and to succeed in sor2 and 3 on the hardest difficulties you DO need to play cheap and use exploits you fucking dimwit. Even playing sor1 on hardest and limiting yourself to 3 lives you want to use infinite jabs to play efficiently.

goddamn you're fucking dumb.
>>
>>2967548
>"like SoR"
>"but i'm not talking about SoR2"

you're dumb
>>
>>2964461
Desperation attack was around before Final FIght.
>>
File: 20090218195753.jpg (86KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
20090218195753.jpg
86KB, 240x320px
>>2966187
>I'm with you in this one, Final Fight 1 is a mediocre version of the first game, but it's still more fun than FF2 and FF3, at least it's challenging.
Final Fight 1 on the SNES gets a worse wrap than it really deserves considering it's a product of the console's inherent limitations and a rushed launch deadline. Despite this, it still outdoes most of the early SNES beat-'em-ups (including the first Rushing Beat, which I never cared much for). Personally I don't even consider it a port of the CPS version since they changed so much of the game. It's really more of a reworking.

Out of the two SNES sequels, I prefer Final Fight 3, Final Fight 2 does bring back the missing 2P mode , but I feel like they took a step back in every other aspect of the game to make it possible.
>>
>>2967641
in which beatemup?
>>
>>2968183
I'm guessing he meant the magic spells in Golden Axe, but those don't use up health. The Technos brawlers certainly didn't have them.
>>
>>2968183
>>2968187

Dynasty Wars had AOE enemy clearing moves that took life to use. Came out in April of '89.
>>
I only ever played the GBA version of Final Fight. I really liked it, but how shitty is it compared to the arcade version?
>>
File: NTmfC.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
NTmfC.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>2968287
Dynasty Wars doesn't play like a traditional belt-scroller though. It feels more like a horseback-'em-up.

>>2968325
It's pretty much Final Fight Guy (the second SNES version) with 2P mode and Cody brought back in. It can display more enemies than the SNES and Sega CD versions, but the enemy placement and buffing from the former version has been preserved. Aside from the shitty GBA chiptunes and intrusive dialogue sequences, it's a pretty serviceable version, but it's too different from the arcade.
>>
>>2968325
It's probably the best port until double impact, actually.
>>
>>2968362
No, Final Fight CD and X68K are much better ports than the GBA one, accuracy-wise. GBA version is just the SNES version with more enemies on screen.
>>
>>2968362
Didn't Double Impact had some DRM shit on it?
>>2968409
X68000 > Mega CD.
The slower attack speed in the CD version fucks up the gameplay a lot.
>>
>>2968409
>>2968428
Fair enough, I forgot about the X68k
>>
>>2968428
I agree, but SCD port is still much more faithful to the arcade than SNES/GBA version.
>>
>>2968439
The version in Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 is probably best port, even though it's technically just the CPS original running on an emulator.
>>
>>2968287
that was closer to golden axe type magic so youre wrong nigga
>>
I just played through FF3 today and it was absolutely dreadful. It would have been far better on the Genesis.
>>
>>2969560
This applies to pretty much any SNES beat 'em up 2bh (except for Ninja Warriors Again because that one is very well done). Too bad most japanese brawler developers preferred the SFC.
>>
>>2969628
king of dragons is also alright, they could afford more enemies due to having smaller sprites
>>
>>2963861
This
>>
>>2969653
Yeah it's a good port, best Capcom port on the console, but it still has some annoying slowdowns on co-op.
>>
>>2965093
SoR2 was far more unpolished than 3

SoR2 is missing basic gameplay elements from the game that both 1 and 2 have.

SoR2 has no teamwork moves, you cant vault over and use tandem attacks like you can in SoR 1 and 3.

SoR2 has no pitfals in any of its stages, even the lift stage.

SoR2 has no bat weapons

SoR2 fat guys can be thrown like any normal enemy
>>
>>2965114
>Name me a deeper beat'em up.
Any of the Street of Rage games
>>
>>2963870
Streets of rage 3 is objectively better than streets of rage 2
>>
>>2969698
SoR2 maybe, but 1 and 3 are a joke.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUUeGk81E10
>>
>>2969716
Roo is a hidden character, more proof that SoR has infinitely more depth than final fight

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR2aHdm_LGQ
>>
>>2969723
>SNES
tiptopkek
Go away australia.
>>
>>2969725
Jab infinite is possible in all versions of the game, atleast pretend you know what you are talking about.
>>
Streets of Rage tier list

>Characters:
SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

>Combat:
SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

>Level Design:
SOR3 > SOR1 > SOR2

>Bosses:
SOR3 > SOR2 > SOR1

>Weapons:
SOR1 > SOR3 > SOR2

>Music:
SOR1 > SOR2 > SOR3

>Extras:
SOR3 > SOR2 > SOR1
>>
File: (you).jpg (463KB, 1241x1241px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
463KB, 1241x1241px
>>2969692
>>2969710
>>2969738
>>
>>2969728
Irrelevant because the SNES version plays nothing like the arcade, again fuck off australia.
>>
>>2969738
who is yoru favorite cahracter in streets of rage part Three? can i have a some tier list for Streets of rage part Three chracters?

Thiss steets of rage Three sound like a badass game m8. oh shit it sound so badass.
>>
>>2969749
Jab infinites are in the arcade game and work exactly the same as they do in the snes version, try again.
>>
>>2969738
Accurate
>>
>>2969738
inb4 the SOR2 samefag shits his pants in autistic rage.
>>
>>2969784
Good luck infiniting 10 enemies on screen faggot, only broken shit like SoR1 allows you to do that.
>>
>>2969738
/thread
>>
>>2969738
This
>>
>>2969801
63 out of 144 posts in this thread came from you.

How does that make you feel?
>>
>>2969738
You sir, have most patrician taste.
>>
>>2969805
65 out of 147 posts in this thread came from you.

How does that make you feel?
>>
>>2969738
best taste ITT
>>
>>2969738
correct
>>
>>2969738
This guy knows what's up
>>
>>2969738
Screencapped for future generations
>>
>>2969738
Post of the year.
>>
>>2969738
tiers so fine they make my gf pregnant
>>
>>2969738
Dude are you a game designer?
>>
>>2969738
Any one disagreeing with this is objectively wrong about everything.
>>
>>2969795
literally easy since you can infinite both sides at the same time
>>
>That one butthurt SoR2 fanboy samefagging the shit out of the thread because his autism was triggered

Every time.
>>
>>2969831
I know, right?
>>
Streets of Rage 2 was a mess it was rushed and blatantly unfinished, ontop of it lacking multiple features and mechanics from the other games in the series it was also bugged to shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKWmubZi8sg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuzK8zUSMw4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnMdb4C0yTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OobSxyrxf20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcWTREhG7Ag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQp2Hlths9o
>>
>>2969859
https://tcrf.net/Streets_of_Rage_2_(Genesis)
https://tcrf.net/Streets_of_Rage_3

:^)
>>
>>2969859
SOR2FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>>2969865
Nice try SoR2 autist.
>>
>>2969876

>164 posts
>26 unique posters
>half this thread is the same guy agreeing with himself

This is the most extreme autism I've ever seen on /vr/.
>>
>>2969880
You're not fooling anyone but yourself SoR2 autist.
>>
JOGABILITY
>>
>>2969880
Its some butthurt SOR2 baby false flagging, he does it every thread.
>>
Goddamn SOR2 faggots. I hate them! Ugh.
>>
>>2969897
This is your typical sor2 fanboy, throws an autistic shit fit when someone points out the game is bad.
>>
>>2969908
*sor3 fanboy
>>
>>2969912
*sor2 fanboy
>>
>>2969912
>>2969920
*sor fanboys
>>
>>2963857
SoR3 > SoR1 > FF Arcade >>>>> SoR2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the shitty FF sequels on SNES
>>
>>2969925
+1
>>
Sor2 fanboy going all out itt.
>>
>>2969925
>SoR1 > FF Arcade
Shit taste.
>>
>>2965093
>Final Fight arcade is the absolute GOAT. I hate the sequels though. Hate'em. Also, I blame the SNES port for giving the game a bad reputation to those who never played the arcade game first.

Annnnnndddddd /thread
Thread posts: 179
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.