[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flashcart thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 20

File: ed64.jpg (476KB, 1417x1063px) Image search: [Google]
ed64.jpg
476KB, 1417x1063px
Do you own any flashcarts?

Which are good, which are chinese trash?
>>
>>2961696
>Which are good, which are chinese trash?
Don't have a lot of experience, but as far as I know, DSTwo supercards are good for the DS, as well as GBA and SNES plugins for it. Admittedly, most of that's not /vr/
>>
So is there any SNES flashcart that supports SuperFX? A good portion of the games I want to play require SuperFX and it seems that all the carts I've seen can't support these games.
>>
>>2961869
None also It never will as the guy that makes the sd2snes updates dont know jack shit about it,
I read a few years ago that he just stole the msu1 and other info from byuu.
After like 4 years of jack shit (he did a hock gamegenie stuff that broke half of the games)
I'm begining to think that is true.
>>
>>2961696

Not all Chinese "trash" is trash. Chinese-manufactured carts are your only option with some platforms. Any of the DS or GBA carts I've purchased over the years (all from Chinese manufactures) have yet to experience any failures. Although some of them do have shit compatibility.

The only real issue is with the lack of hardware features, not the quality or longevity of the hardware itself. SNES carts for instance are difficult and expensive to produce because of all the necessary support for special enhancement chips. Not supporting certain enhancements means the cart's compatibility is lowered substantially.

If you can find a Chinese-manufactured cart that does support a good number of enhancement chips, then there's no reason to invest in a more expensive option such as an EverDrive. ED's really are overpriced despite their considerably high compatibility.
>>
>>2961889
The SD2SNES is one of the few flash carts around that is fully open source, which includes both firmware and schematics. It's all on GitHub so in theory anyone with interest could fork it and add any feature they want. If adding SuperFX was as easy as copying code from bsnes it would have been done long ago. It may be expensive but it's still the most functional SNES flash cart there is.

Isn't Ikari one of the few people that has somehow remained on civil terms with byuu? I know Ikari personally SuperCIC modded byuu's primary test SNES years ago, and the SD2SNES remains the sole hardware implementation of the MSU1 which they both have credit for. No bad blood between those two that I know of.
>>
Question: what are flashcarts and what do they do?
>>
>>2961696
I want to get one of these, is v2.5 good enough? All I want is to be able to save, don't care about animal forest, etc
>>
>>2962028
Load roms to the console...
>>
>>2962047
Ive looked into it, so far i think the 3.0 handles about 6 more games than the 2.5 and you dont have to hit reset to save. but it has a battery you might have to change every 10 years
>>
>>2962028
Adapters to play roms on original game consoles.
In normal circumstances it's exactly the same as playing an original cartridge. Units compatible with games that had special hardware sell for a premium.
>>
>>2962047
remove the collecting part of collecting, excepting snes fx chips which are a motherfucker.
>>
>>2962061
Someone's going to find a reasonable work around for them soon enough.
>>
>>2962028
It's a device designed to fit in the cartridge slot of a system, that pretends to be a legit game cartridge. Using some loading mechanism(used to be floppy disks), usually SD cards, you load all the ROMs you want to play, and then when you turn the system on you can pick which game you want to play.

>>2961912
>Not all Chinese "trash" is trash.
As is my understanding, the Chinese Mega Drive/Genesis flashcarts are on par with the official ED flashcarts. I can't vouch for the integrity of the other ones, but Krikzz or whatever his name is contracted out to china to build those, and they copied the fuck out of the design. Since they are using his blueprints, the MD/Genesis carts are top notch from what I hear.

I own a SuperED.(not SD2SNES, not paying an extra $100 for a few more games) Personally, I don't mind paying the extra $50 to know that if something goes wrong I can return it to the maker for repairs, and knowing if there is a bug or glitch then I can expect a firmware update down the line. I didn't realize how important that second part was until I was messing around with the SNES mouse. Many require you to have the mouse in controller port 1 to be able to use the mouse in-game, and older versions of the SuperED firmware require you to be using a controller in port 1.
>>
I built my own socketed cart for Megadrive. Basically a normal cart with the rom replaced with a socket, and a hole cut out of the cartridge cover. Then I program my own eproms to put into it, and store them in a tray or a tube.
>>
Any of you guys find this stuff in chinatown, Los Angeles? Or bootleg cartridges/consoles in general?
>>
>>2961696
>Do you own any flashcarts?
No. I only own retro hardware

>which are chinese trash?
All my pirating device are Chinese. Russians didn't start knocking them of until recently.
>>
I've owned the Super Everdrive China Version for a month now and it works fine.
>>
How are the load times on the super ed? Long enough to make the upgrade to sd2snes worth it?
>>
>>2962365

It's like a minute at most to load the ROM onto the cart. Never bothered looking into the SD2SNES because it's over priced and I already owned the special chip games I wanted.
>>
>>2962371
>a minute
Seriously? I need to crack out one of my unmodded v64s and install a 1x CD ROM to see if I can get it to load any slower. Damn.
>>
>>2962371
>over priced

It's actually not sold for much above cost.

Put it this way:
The SD2SNES is like a Ferrari that will outperform other cars by a small amount with regular gas. If you give it special premium gasoline the difference will be amazing and it will be indisputably the greatest car ever made. Trouble is that the special gasoline it needs hasn't been invented yet so if you buy one of these cars you're buying potential that may never be realized.
>>
>>2962621
>It's actually not sold for much above cost.

This is actually only potentially true. You can't assume knowledge about his fabrication costs without knowing exactly how many he's making, and what fabrication house he's going through. Also the cost for components goes down exponentially with how much bulk you buy. I do product design for a living, these are things I know very well.

the SD2SNES in particular I'm not 100% sure about the situation on, but I can guarantee you he's making some pretty good bank on it. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that, if someone cared enough they'd make a competing, cheaper product.

The one who pisses me off is Krikzz. He refuses to expand his product manufacturing, or outsource to a cheaper fabrication facility because he's terrified of the Chinese bootlegging it. The China Ver. is officially licensed, by him and he still got butthurt over it. Guy's a fucking moron.
>>
I have an original Mega Everdrive. Works absolutely fine for the most part and I also use it a lot to boot alternative Sega CD bioses, and for 32X games. Still feels like I overpaid but since I now have it, meh.
Only issue so far is that the main menu tend to display weird characters sometimes in its menu, when dealing with long lists. Also, no EXT support makes me a bit sad.
>>
>>2962621
If it's not sold for much above cost that's because they're paying too much. All too typical with people who just buy from the first prototpying place they find and can't afford to do a larger run.
And all that bullshit about Ferrais. Pure comical gold.
>>
>>2961912
I have an ezflash 4 but hate the interface, is there a better cart or is it no other choice?

I suspect there is nothing better and I'm stuck waiting for an everdrive advance to hit the scene.

As for retro flash carts, I have and ed64 2.5 and like it a lot. I decided that 3.0 wasn't worth it when I already have pokestadium 2 and could buy animal forest for chump change if I really wanted to play a stripped-down animal crossing gc (i'd rather run animal forest e+ on my hacked wii anyway)

Looking to get an everdrive MD at some point now that I have the CD/32x combo. I want to get krikzz because I do believe in supporting him to get more carts made in the future, but at the same time I ddont want to plunk down full price until Sega cd bios loading is 100% supported. a chinadrive would be enough to me since it's still lacking that feature.
>>
Has anyone used a chinese EverDrive N8? They seem to have vanished from AliExpress but I messaged a seller who was selling SNES EDs, and he said he still has them available. If I can get one for like $50 is it worth it? I know I won't be able to update, but even decent compatibility would be fine. I don't understand why the Famicom ED is so much more expensive than the others from the official ED store.
>>
>>2962747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6DCxZfpQa0
>>
>>2962635
....still better than the guy behind the saturn & dreamcast drive emulators, that only produces them in very limited quantities as he wishes
>>
>>2962887
He's a busy guy and doesn't have to be doing it at all. He could quit at any time, yet almost two years after putting them on sale and even longer developing the things he's still at it. Preorders open up every so often and there has almost always been a post about a week in advance letting people know. Demand is still fairly high so there's usually a rush when preorders open, but usually you have more than a day to get on the list.

For DC there's also the USB GDROM. It has a few pros and cons, but it's another formidable device. The guy who made it has a long history of not acknowledging e-mails for months at a time, so be aware of that. GDEMU guy on the other hand is very prompt with info, responses and so on.
>>
>>2962887
I feel like manufacturing them en mass woukd be a mistake, the saturn and dreamcast are way more niche than something like the super nes or 64,. Maybe I am wrong on that, but if I were him I would rather be producing too few but consistentky selling out than sitting on expensive stock.
>>
>>2962914
He doesn't want to end up like Krikzz where you get hundreds of third-worlders calling him a jew for trying to make a living and worshiping their future paperweights from the godless Chinese.
>>
so

krikzz store or ali express
>>
>>2962993
Sounds like Ali is the way to go for Genesis and SNES unless you absolutely need the features that Krikzz's newer revisions provide. Jury is out on FC/NES, I can't get objective info anywhere.
>>
>>2962759
Because the Fami version (if played on a Famicom) will have Expansion Audio support out of the box.
>>
>>2961696
Harmony cart for the Atari 2600 is perfect and flawless and holds every game and they play just fine.
Got an Acekard 2i for DSLite and I've got an issue with 3 games so far. Monster Rancher (2?) DS, Kingdom Hearts 3874234/2, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2. You have to find the correct Action Replay codes and add them into the database, or play around with Anti-Piracy enabled at certain parts and off at other parts.
>>
>>2962759
>I don't understand why the Famicom ED is so much more expensive than the others from the official ED store.
But it's the exact same price as the NES version?

>>2963116
Famicom and NES versions are the exact same hardware in different cases. You can get expansion audio from the NES Everdrive using one of these http://enio.chykn.com/wiki/index.php/ENIO_EXP_Board or a simple mod to the console.
>>
>>2962356
Theres some games will dont run and the frimeware update kill theses carts
I planning put HD ide mod on my dreamcast. The GD emu will more expensive to import because my shit hole countray 100% tax.
Also planing get chink "repro" megadrive games. I want only Thunder force , Aleste and gleylancer
>>
lol<
>>
>>2963021
Thing about the N8 is the mappers it has to support. It's why the official one is so expensive comparitively and why the knockoff one allegedly has crap compatibility. Pic related wasn't cheap but works great
>>
>>2962356
The roms with translation patch runs well too?
>>
>>2964575
I don't see why they wouldn't if you patch properly.(RE: The SNES doesn't use headers, so your ROMs shouldn't have them when you finish)

>>2964435
>What the shit am I looking at
>Google
Woah, I had no idea the GDRom unit inside the DC was IDE compatible, more or less.
>>
>>2962983
filthy chinese should just buy one and start making clones already; it's what they're good at
>>
Just bought N8 and sd2snes from the Germans for about $308 usd. Thinking about selling off my physical collection now.
>>
>>2964767
Don't sell SuperFX games.
>>
>>2964575

Yeah, I'm pretty far into SD3 and a couple hours into Tactics Ogre... no issues so far.
>>
>>2964472
Thank you, that makes sense. I just wish I could get a solid idea of what the knockoffs actually support. I have decent FC cart collection, I really only want to play a handful of english-patched RPGs on a flashcart.
>>
>>2964618
Last I heard the IDE mod is fine for some games but won't_ever_work™ for others. Basically WinCE games do special stuff that can't easily be replicated without a serious effort. I think you still need some means of booting Dreamshell first every time as well? The mod itself might be cheap but I don't think it's good enough yet to be worth it and it might never be. IDE is going the way of the dinosaurs as well. I'd rather stick to burning CDs desu.
>>
>>2962787
For what purpose? Gba carts were produced en masse already. Its just like with the DS flashcarts.
>>
>>2965523
The existing GBA carts are all deficient in some way. I've only had a EZ-Flash IV which had no RTC, slow loading, piss-poor GB/C support and requiring custom software to even move ROMs on the card. The old model required niche miniSD cards which no-one stocked because almost nothing else uses them. They've also gone up in price significantly over the years. Until that newer EZ-Flash model with microSD appeared, it was becoming really difficult to find almost any GBA flash cart. I'd be interested if Krikzz can do better without being considerably more expensive.

I don't have any complaints about the DS carts, other than them being a bit harder to pick up now as well and as a result costing a bit more than in the heyday. Not as bad as GBA carts in that regard.
>>
>>2965541
Interesting. I didnt know flashcart prices for GBA and especially DS went upm those things were always dirt cheap.

Still, if krikzz is going to charge his typical ~$100 for one, it just aint worth it. The prices make sense for older systems that existed prior to flashcarts being a thing, but with newer handhelds? Too many inexpensive products out there anyway
>>
>>2961696
I own a SD2SNES (Rev. F), Mega Everdrive V2, and a Turbo Everdrive; purchased all from Krikzz.

Once I get my A/V Famicom RGB modded, I will be getting a Famicom N8.
>>
>>2965552
As the previous poster said, gb/gbc support is iffy/emulated with the cheaper ones even though the gba was fully compatible with the gb library (for example shantae doesn't work and is a sought after title). If he designed one that allowed gb/gbc/gba roms to worth then I would consider it. Hell the megadrive one can play master system an 32x games too. That's a hell of a value.
>>
Where can I buy chinese trash? It must ship to yurop and the whole deal be less than 40$.
>>
Is there such a thing as a neo geo flash cart? I'd love to get a NG, but I'd want to be able to play ROMs with it.
>>
I have the following

- SD2SNES
- NES N8
- Mega Everdrive
- Everdrive 64

Bought them all from krikzz and I'm happy with them. If there's a game I can't play on the flashcart, I can always get a real cart, or reproduction if it's cheaper, and emulation is still available as a last resort. Those games are few and far between though.
>>
>>2966864
can some one get this to run on ed 64 2.5 cart

http://edgeemu.net/details-42221.htm
>>
>>2966864
>SD2SNES
tbqh, I never saw any reason that justifies this purchase. It's cheaper to just get a super everdrive and buy the handful of incompatible games (jap versions for shit like MMX3 if you're into that). And with either flashcart, you still need to buy things like starfox and yoshi's island separately anyway.
>>
File: IMG_20160202_221137394.jpg (3MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160202_221137394.jpg
3MB, 5248x2952px
>>2966880
It boots on an ED64 v3 with the latest firmware. No sound though, and the frame rate is low during the intro.
>>
>>2966908
They're both good carts. I paid extra for the more advanced cart because my autism demanded it, but I def wouldn't discourage anyone from getting the other one if it makes more sense to them.
>>
>>2965552
DS Cards are cheaper than ever but they are all Slot 1 so no GBA.

I got my R4 Clone for $5.75 shipped on Aliexpress. Package said it came from Sweden and I live in the US, I wonder what the profit margin there is?
>>
>>2966915
ya it did the same for me. hopefully krizz fixes it
>>
NES:
Got Everdrive N8. It's the best available, so not much to say, except that there's one detail that bothered me: it has a file size limit for each game that won't let you run some very well done romhacks.

SNES
Got Aliexpress' China Everdrive. Worked great for the games it was compatible with, but I wanted MSU1, so I sold it and got a SD2SNES. IT'S A LOT BETTER IN EVERY POSSIBLE ASPECT. The menu, the loading speed, and of course the compatibility. I would recommend everyone to skip any cheaper option and get this.

N64:
I got on aliexpress the chinese everdrive. It includes a mini CD with the only driver you're supposed to used. Using that, I have no problems. Newer legit Everdrives run copy protected games (Rare games), but there's cracked games of most of them. I got cracked Banjo Tooie and JFJ running with no problems.

GBA (not retro?)
Got M3 Lite back in the day. It's miles better than the only viable option right now (the revived EZFLASH4). Still I got one EZFLASH just in case, and I bricked it updating firmware. Eh. Anyway I'm waiting for Everdrive GBA because I'm tired of dealing with long loading times and weird saved game formats.

Rule of thumb is, if you're getting a chinese one, never update the firmware. Only use what's provided out of the box. Don't expect newer firmware functionality, you get what you paid for.
>>
>>2967264
Oh and NDS (even not retroer)

I have R4 original back in the day, now with the latest R4 Wood firmware and it's sooo damn good. Never had ANY problems at all with it.

I also have DSTWO for my 3DS, and of course you can do more shit with it, but there's more menus and hassle to go through. I love R4's simplicity.
>>
>>2966851

They sell multicarts that have most of the good games on aliexpress. Neo-Geo is one of those consoles that you're just better off emulating or playing at an arcade.
>>
>>2961869
there are so few SuperFX games and most of them are reasonably priced especially compared to a flash cart
>>
Does anyone have an OS V9.1 compatibility list for the EverDrive N8? All the chinese versions are locked at 9.1 and I'm trying to determine if it's enough compatibility to justify saving $40-50 over a real one
>>
>>2961696
I have n64 everdrive(v2.5), super everdrive and chink clone of the genesis megadrive.

Havent had any real problems, even the chink genesis everdrive works fine.

>>2962365
few seconds to bit less than minute, depends on the roms size but its not that bad unless you cant decide what to play or load new roms repeatedly. Also you can load last rom you played instantly even after you have turned off the system.
>>
>>2966908
SD2SNES loads games way faster than the Super Everdrive.
>>
>>2967269
>now with the latest R4 Wood firmware
wood hasn't been updated in ages, upgrade to rgf
>>
File: IMG_20151126_211814.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151126_211814.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I play everything I need with these two, since the games with special chips I like I already have.
>>
>>2967715
Well, according to the Everdrive forums, v1-v3 are the only BIOS's that really need updating from, and those are only on the first batch of N8's he made. So you should be good. From the website:
"Do I need to flash the BIOS of my Everdrive N8
No, only the first batch of Everdrives needed that. Don't touch your BIOS (heh..), just enjoy the games. :)"
Keep in mind, the compatibility mostly comes from the mappers, and you can add those files in without changing the BIOS.

>>2967759
>few seconds to bit less than minute, depends on the roms size but its not that bad
This really. If you are loading some small titles, you'll be playing in about 10 seconds. If you are loading a 64Megabit romhack, it will be about 30-40 seconds.

I honestly spend more time deciding what game I want to play than waiting for it to load. Unless I already know(and usually have it already loaded), then I just press start and play.

While the faster loading is probably nice, that alone isn't worth another $100. The only real justification for getting an SD2SNES over a SuperED is if A) you REALLY want to play MMX2 and MMX3 with improper CX4 clockspeed, or one of the few games that are added in with the other chips it emulates(ST-010 and OBC1, and the realtimeclock chip), or B) you think that eventually it really will get SuperFX and SA-1 compatibility, or C) you REALLY want MSU-1 hacked games on real hardware.
>>
What's a good, cheep sega genesis/megadrive flash cart? I'm not shelling out 70$ for one.
>>
>>2969842
Just save some money, anon..
>>
>>2969842
$38 USD shipped on Aliexpress and it even comes with an 8GB SD Card that has all the games on it already (except Virtua Racing, the one game it can't play).
>>
>>2969916
Link please?!
>>
>>2969465
I think I get it with the BIOS, but check it out: http://s.aliexpress.com/nmYBfaqu

I asked the seller and he said it cannot be updated past OS V9.1, I /think/ the OS is actually flashed to these chinese versions of the N8 and the SD card solely contains ROMs. They ship with a 4GB SD card preloaded too, the guy said you could still add/remove ROMs. It seems like only a handful of mappers have been added since V9.1 and largely one would just be missing out on some save-state support with a chinese clone. But I would srsly love feedback from someone who has one. I typically love buying bootleg Famicom stuff on AliExpress...
>>
>>2970003
Here u go, anon. http://s.aliexpress.com/VjI7JzMN

Hard to argue with that price, I wish my Genesis and 32X weren't in storage...
>>
>>2970164
Seems like that one lacks the megakey(pause button for master system games, since SMS has it build-in to console, hence why its in the actual cart), while not that huge issue(without it you cannot pause SMS games or access pause menus), it can make some games unplayable.
>>
gba flashcart that can also do gbc roms without gb-bridge? does this exist
>>
>>2970235
None, unless you count emulators(and even then some games runs fine, and some dont).
>>
I own a micro SD EZflash 4. I cannot recommend it enough, literally the only game I couldn't get to work on it is Bionicle Matoran Adventures and I don't even know why I even tried that game. Unfortunately you have to patch games before you put it on the cartridge but honestly that never bothered me.

I also have an ED64 v3, great compatibility too but unfortunately all the incompatible games are some of the best games.

Thinking of getting a GBC flashcart sometime soon but for now I don't need one
>>
where can I find no-intro rom packs for each console? I always have to go to a different website for each one
>>
>>2970274
https://archive.org/download/No-Intro-Collection_2015-03-03
>>
>>2967269
the DStwo is pretty good but I always have a really hard time getting my DSphat to read it. I always have to reset the handheld and take it in and out like 40 times to get it to work again each time I remove it
>>
>>2970291
cool, thanks a million man
>>
>>2970320
If you're looking for NES ROMs, the 2013 no intro collection version is better. The NES ROMs in the 2015 version don't work with some emulators.
>>
File: 1mbit_large.jpg (409KB, 707x886px) Image search: [Google]
1mbit_large.jpg
409KB, 707x886px
Has anyone here tried one of these? I really want a flashcart for my atari computer because games are scarce

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/documentation/
>>
>>2961696
I have the Everdrive N8, Super Everdrive, and Mega Everdrive v2...

Absolutely love them all, I got a chinese flash cart for the GBA and its UI is ghetto and the physical cart is cheap as fuck and 50% of the time barely reads

krikzz makes quality imo
>>
File: 1406873606091.jpg (7KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1406873606091.jpg
7KB, 300x303px
I just bought a SFC, an RGB cable and a Super EverDrive.
I don't even know how I have lived so far without it.
I'm thinking about what should be next.
>>
>>2970604
Well if you didn't have a SFC in the early 90's you obviously haven't lived very long so far. What was your first console?
>>
>>2970604
what rgb cable did you get
>>
>>2970164
Thank you Anon.

>>2970185
Good to know. Do you have a link for one with the MegaKey?
>>
File: mr_9999_brick_game_9999_in_1.jpg (11KB, 373x306px) Image search: [Google]
mr_9999_brick_game_9999_in_1.jpg
11KB, 373x306px
>>2972063
I was a poor kid, so pic related.
>>2972085
A generic one, but it works well. Official stuff it's too expensive.
>>
Finally got Mega Drive flashcart from the Chinks, works pretty good only a few games have some graphical problems but otherwise work.
>>
>>2972240
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/SEGA-GENESIS-MegaDrive-MD-EDMD-Game-Cartridge-USA-Japanese-and-European-game-card-shell/32596751280.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_2,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_502_10001_10002_10016_10017_10010_10005_10011_10006_10003_10004_10009_10008,searchweb201560_1,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6449&btsid=a6096aae-8c27-4b0d-aa10-9c832ffc5b2e&aff_platform=aaf&sk=VnYZvQVf%3A&cpt=1454673606435&afref=&af=240682&cv=47843&dp=7848fdfb6ce43db931c77d58ae5b3059&&aff_trace_key=574e2b6a9f204992a487061ba81c30c8-1454673606435-02706-VnYZvQVf

I got mine from ebay(from random UK seller so I didnt have to wait weeks/month it to arrive), but this one looks identical to mine(down to the sd card and roms it has inside) outside of the sticker.

>Error: Our system thinks your post is spam. Please reformat and try again.
well have your longass link then
>>
>>2972358
Then you have a lot to catch up on. Maybe get a PCE. The machine and flash cart are cheap and it has a nice library. And you have the option to add a CD later.
>>
>>2974539
I was thinking about that but the CD add-on seems to be really shitty and even if the cd games are cheap Duo it's too expensive.
There's also the lack of translations compared to SFC. But i like the idea to explore a catalog i know so little about.
>>
I just heard about some Neo Geo flashcart project, anybody know anything about it?
>>
>>2969298
They a compatibility list for the china ed64 anywhere, dunno if to get one of those or a 2.5
>>
>>2972608
Can this store saves and such?
>>
>>2975357
no save-states but in-game saves work.
>>
>>2975390
Alright, awesome. I was thinking about picking up an everdrive MD from krikzz but for less than half the price I'll just go with the chink knockoff.

One final question: is the PCB extra thick and requires you to really jam it into the cart slot? I know a lot of chinese repros and such have this minor problem. Not a deal breaker, but I was curious
>>
>>2975602
It seems to be same thinkess as normal genesis game PCB's, it fits just like any other genesis game.
>>
>>2962119
Did you follow a guide on how to do this? I want to learn so bad. No idea how to flash the roms.
>>
>>2961696
my fucking SD card died on me so I lost al my saves. I suggest you guys backup your saves. Then again it could just be the shit quality of Korean SD cards.
>>
>>2975061
The CD games are great but yes there is one small part in one of the parts of one one of the CD ROM versions that seems to cause kids endless headache even though it can be replaced with part of a balloon. Not even fucking joking. Personally I use a Super CD ROM2 because not only is it super but it's smaller than a briefcase and at worse needs a recap every 20 years. They're also pretty cheap in Japan.
The beauty of a PCE though is that you can pick up the console and flash cart now and enjoy that. Then in a years time when some Russian kid says "You guys never made a CDROM emulator for the PCE? WTF!" and makes one, you can just buy that.
>>
>>2972608
Thanks man. Link works just fine for me!
>>
>>2970164
>http://s.aliexpress.com/VjI7JzMN
404's.
Any other sources, hombre?
>>
There's a question i have, why doesnt Súper Everdrive support save states?
>>
>>2977276
You should be able to find it by searching around on aliexpress. '16bit game card' is the kind of jargon you want to use.
>>
>>2967142
booted up on my 64drive. Sound works great with EEP4K save
>>
>>2976824
PC Engine CD games are cheap as fuck, right?
With some exceptions like Sapphire.

Also it's sad how the console looks pretty cute but with the add-ons turns to be a monstrosity.
>>
>>2977528
What is the BEST PC Engine system (and add-ons) to buy as a first-timer?
>>
>>2977276
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/EDMD-with-8GB-MicorSD-400-Games-for-16-bit-Sega-MegaDrive-Genesis-Console-Ultimate-Mortal-Kombat/32594905720.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.2.VJHM5k&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201644_3_505_506_503_504_502_10014_10001_10002_10016_10017_10010_10005_10006_10011_10003_10004_10009_10008,searchweb201560_2,searchweb1451318400_-1,searchweb1451318411_6448&btsid=375d3bb1-9fd4-4983-a958-a09543499268
>>
>>2977578
>>2977573
>Demage
>>
>>2977528
Games are cheap and you can burn whatever you want so it doesn't matter.

You don't have to pick the most clashing colors for your console/CD. I use a core2 with my super cd. Looks fine.
>>
Anyone here ever bought a single game flash cart? I'm making a game in RPG Maker 2 for the SFC and want to play it on a real SNES, but I would have to write the rom AND sram to the cart for this to work. Anyone know if that's possible?
>>
>>2977565
A core2 with one controller, av cable and power supply. You can build from there.
>>
>>2966915
speakers?
>>
>>2979384
>>2977528
This right here.
If you get one without the hook ups for some reason then you can use Mega Drive model 1 AV cables and power adapter.
>>
>>2980918
There's no RGB for PC Engine?
Being able to use the MD power adapter it's cool though, i've been using the MSII one for the SFC.
>>
Bought the infamous N5 for my NDS back in the day, always worked perfect.
I also bought the EZ-Flash IV, I'm really really happy with it.
I wanted to emulate 3DSgames on my O3DS, what do you people recommend?
>>
>>2981416
It's not emulating if it's running on its native hardware dumb dumb. And just check the /vg/ modding general for whatever latest guide they recommend for downgrading and installing CFW on your 3DS.
>>
File: 20151117_130244.jpg (6KB, 280x226px) Image search: [Google]
20151117_130244.jpg
6KB, 280x226px
Anyone ever use one of these?
Seem pricey though
>>
I used to own an EZ Flash IV for my GBA, but even at $40 USD, it seemed like a pretty big investment. There's no way I'd ever pay an upward of $100 for an SNES Flash cart. I realize manufacturing costs might not be cheap due to the complexities of special enhancements found in some games, but it still hardly seems like a cost-effective investment when I can just emulate.

Lately, I've been more interested in how I can rig up old consoles and turn them into emulation devices. For instance, there are a number of suitably accurate emulators that run on PSP hardware, and PS1 games run almost flawlessly. So instead of dropping hundreds on real hardware and a collection of Flash carts, I could pay maybe $40 for a used PSP-1000 and have access to numerous libraries of retro games.

Maintaining retro consoles is another thing that puts me off. There are a number of problems each console is prone to, and replacement parts aren't always accessible or reasonably priced. One of my GB screens already died, and I'm pretty sure some of the internals of my NES managed to burn out somehow. Then you have GameGear with its faulty capacitors, and optical media consoles whose laser lens will very likely burn out within the next few years. How anyone still has a working Saturn or Sega CD is beyond me. I would think the optical units would already have burned out years ago.
>>
>>2981483
I have one for my Game Boy and Game Gear. Stuff is excellent. You won't realize how easy they are to use until you've tried other retro flash carts.
>>
>>2961696
I have this one. Everdrive 64. It works perfectly fine. I never had a problem running any games. You can also run some emulators on it. Allowing you to play other systems. The NES emulator is average. Many hacks, and even some regular roms don't work. But the ones that work, are perfect. You can find a SMS emulator as well. You kinda gotta fuck with the roms in some render exe thing.(easy) for them to perform on the 64. Sound emulation on that is fucked thought. There is an MSX emu, but I dont know how to werk it. So EverDrive 64 is pretty boss.
>>
>>2981769
also, the SMS emulator only emulates game gear games. forgot to mention
>>
On the Super Drive what does the USB port do? Just let you add games onto the card easier?
>>
>>2980959
There is. If you have an RGB screen and get a PCE you'll want to make an RGB cable.

>>2981520
I'm not trying to pick on you in particular but your post epitomizes underage emufags.
Your world view of things to buy is ebay/amazon.
The limits of your imagination as to how to use them are posts by other kids
You have a net worth of whatever's in your pocket
You can't into electronics
Emulation is the ideal solution for you
There are more threads about emulation than any other subject on /vr/
You feel the need to justify your situation in a flashcart thread and wonder why no one appreciates your blog.
>>
>>2982265
The PC Engine requires modification to output RGB, you can't just get a cable and call it done.
>>
File: Super_Wild_Card_SMS3201.jpg (3MB, 4912x2760px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Wild_Card_SMS3201.jpg
3MB, 4912x2760px
>using modern day flashcarts instead of game copiers
>not using a glorious SWC or a Game Doctor
>/vr/ is infested with millennials

The old folk would never let go of their trusted and reliable copiers over those shit flashcarts. Flashcart kiddies will never have the true and original experience of the real deal and neither the pain of struggling with floppy disks and waiting painstakingly for the rom to be dumped into the copier besides having to convert roms with special software, not to mention needing to carefully split roms that exceed the size of a floppy disk and dump them individually. Or maybe just using the parallel port. Did I also mention that many copiers require constant energy to keep the roms dumped in their meek 32 MB storage capacity? And the ones that do have a battery run a constant risk of its leaking thus requiring it to be changed? Absolutely glorious.
>>
>>2982408
I love my Professor SF. But, you're right, kids today have NO idea how god they have it.
>>
>>2981815
Yes, it's for homebrewers wanting to prototype faster
>>
Super Everdrive
Everdrive MD
Acekard 2i

They all get the job done. The only problem is that the DS has shit games. You can hardly sell an original DS, let alone a grey-area legal third party cartridge that requires an microSD card with a matching card reader. I might as well be selling plutonium locked inside a linux server.
>>
>>2982559
It's not a bad RPG machine, especially if you're into /vr/. FF, DQ, and SMT all had solid games on it. That being said, not retro, so I'll stfu.
>>
>>2967315
There was a thread a week or so ago where people commented on some of the neo geo multi carts. Does anyone have any experience/recommendations with AES multi carts?
>>
>>2962639
I can put a 32X rom in a Genesis flashcart, right, but I'll need to plug the cart into a 32X for the rom to actually play, right?
>>
>>2962060
Do they degrade the quality of what the original game would look like? Do they have bugs like emulation gaming? Are most roms of games totally legit or have people muddied them up?

I'm looking to get the everdrive64 but don't want to lose any picture quality
>>
>>2976717
>Did you follow a guide on how to do this?

No, not really, you don't need to anyway. You have to learn how to solder, then buy a programmer, and read up on how eprom programming works in the first place. Then it's just a matter of finding suitable eproms (this involves doing more reading, primarily on the product specs and pinouts), and finding a cart that can accept said eprom (if you aren't willing to print your own PCB, which involves learning some more stuff but can give you better results).

For the MD if you want 32mbit games, you want a 27c322 and a cheap copy of Toy Story (cheapest single-chip 32mbit game as far as I know).

And of course you need some dremel tools to cut the hole in the cart.
>>
>>2983581
>I can put a 32X rom in a Genesis flashcart, right, but I'll need to plug the cart into a 32X for the rom to actually play, right?

what kind of question is that.

You can put it in a NES and it'll play 32x games.

obviously.
>>
>>2983581
yes, everdrives CAN play 32x roms but only if you have the 32x.

>>2983646
don't be a dick, it's a valid question.
especially since the ed64 can play 64dd games now.

dick.
>>
File: 1357219767325.jpg (43KB, 645x428px) Image search: [Google]
1357219767325.jpg
43KB, 645x428px
>>2983658
>mfw they actually solder 32x hardware onto the flashcart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SuperH#J_Core
>>
>>2969842
70bux isn't really that much money
>>
>>2983675
The 32X requires special cables though, does it not?
How do you get around that?
>>
>>2984230
>special cables
You just use the same magic unicorn dust in the flash cart they used in the original cables.
>>
>>2983658
>it's a valid question.

No it's not.

The purpose of the SD loader is to load a rom from the sd card, and make the console think it has that rom inserted. Not to emulate half the console - at which point it is doing way more than just being an SD loader.
>>
>>2983675
>they
>nobody
Wonderful post.
>>
>>2982408
Reseller scum, pls
>>
>>2961696
Sadly importing the snes and mega Flashcart cost the same price of a hacked wii in my shithole country.
>>
>>2965504
>burning CDs
Two problems: finding a durable optic replacement and the BA chip one time fried will be fucked.
>>
>>2983225
I believe those multi-carts are ONLY for the arcade machines (MVS), not the home consoles (AES),
>>
>>2985290
There's AES multi carts. Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with them
>NEETs
Oh yeah, never mind.
>>
>>2984230
They're not "special" by any means, and you could just put slots on the cart itself. I don't think it will even need its own power adapter by now.
>>
Can you fit a super everdrive+SD card inside an official cart from a cheap donor game?

My autism requires the cart to have the normal sticker on the back,and to not have a visible SD card sticking out the top
>>
File: 20160210_115025.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160210_115025.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>2985847
That's what I did. Here's the result. I just used a razor blade and a dremel to carve out a little space at the top of the cartridge. Krikzz designed designed it so that the cart slot lines up with where the two halves of the cartrdidge shell line up, so you only have to cut away one one side (the back piece)

Profile is like a sixteen of an inch. I hope that doesn't rustle your autism, but any more and you wouldn't be able to grab it and take it out.
>>
>>2985884
Looks like you can actually just chop the top half of SD cards off. Gonna do that and make it internal since I don't plan on messing with it once I've got everything set up.

Not sure why I didn't think of that sooner
>>
>>2984785
>Not to emulate half the console
there's no emulation.

he asked if you can play 32x roms via an everdrive.
you can, with the 32x.

this isn't playing NES roms in the ED64, that's emulation.
you're not only a dick but a fucking retarded dick
>>
I own a 64drive and DSTwo both are great devices

Imo 64drive > Everdrive 64 but im a bit biased because i like the guy.

The DSTwo default theme is trash, I made this one http://forum.supercard.sc/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11256
>>
File: imgres.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Anyone got this, does it works good?
>>
>>2986172
to many problems, also its a pain in the ass to solder all those points.
I hope deunan the guy behind gdemu rhea, phoebe come with a real solution, psio is just garbage
>>
>>2986172
In theory, it seems amazing. Hopefully it will be perfected in the next couple years. Jumping on the flash cart bandwagon allowed me to sell off most of my collection. I'm holding onto my PS1 games simply because PSIO isn't very reliable, it seems.
>>
>>2981483
I do, works fine
>>
>>2984796
What country do you live in where you can import an SNES and flash cart for $10?
>>
>>2986751
my money is on brazil.
>>
>>2986816
If you put your money on Brazil you might double the countrys net worth.
>>
Just got my Supercard MiniSD in the mail since I recently acquired an AGS-101.
Feels okay. I wish EZ Flash wasn't so fucking expensive.
http://www.flashlinker-shop.com/images/miniSD.JPG
>>
File: miniSD.jpg (69KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
miniSD.jpg
69KB, 500x366px
>>2986953
Fucking 4chan X.
Meant to post pic.
>>
>>2986951
You're probably right
>>
Is it possible to get FM synth sound on the 1/6 of SMS games that have it using a Genesis with Everdrive MD?
Will I need to mod the Everdrive?
Will the mod affect the audio of Genesis games?

Is there any way to use the SMS 3D glasses with the Genesis + Eberdrive MD and SMS ROMs?

Some NES game cartridges have special sound chips in them?
Does the Everdrive N8 able to do that feature sound?
What fraction of NES games have special soundchips in their cartridge? Not counting games that use the extra sound ability of the floppy disk attachment.
>>
>>2987126

Sure.
>>
Does the SMS Light Phaser work if plugged into a Genesis for Genesis lightgun games?

Does the SMS Light Phaser work if plugged into a Genesis for SMS lightgun games?

Does the Konami Justifier work if plugged into a SMS for SMS lightgun games?

Does the Konami Justifier work if plugged into a Genesis for SMS lightgun games?
>>
>>2987153

If you dream it, then you can achieve it!
>>
File: 1434190075962.jpg (18KB, 176x255px) Image search: [Google]
1434190075962.jpg
18KB, 176x255px
>tfw I have a PS1 without a parallel port
>>
>>2987176
meant to reply to
>>2986172
>>
I have an SD2SNES, but, honestly, I could have probably gotten by with a regular Super Everdrive or one of the Chinese ones or something. Outside of the price, it's good in other ways.

I also have a non-retro DSTWO for my DS.

I've been considering getting a Genesis an Everdrive MD or a Famicom with its own Everdrive, but I'm weary about ordering used consoles online and I don't play enough NES games anyway.
>>
>>2985446
The only AES multi cart that I heard of was the special made $700 one, on some Neo Feo forum YEARS ago. Of course, it sold out within minutes, and hasn't been remade. But, $700?! Come on!
>>
Anyone else have certain Master System games make the character veer off to the left or right without pressing a button on the Mega Everdrive V2? Kept happening to me with Alien Syndrome and one of the Alex Kidd games.
>>
what's the best GBC flashcard?

Where to buy it in europe?
>>
>>2987716
EverdriveGB, buy from Krikzz.com or take your chances with China. All other GB/C flash carts are garbage.
>>
>>2987729
so no european option in either case, which means I risk having to pay the import tax.
Thanks though, I'll consider it.
>>
>>2987731
There are a bunch of EU resellers, but they all charge significantly more than from the guy himself. Depending on where you live it might be cheaper to pay import if you have no hope of avoiding it.

Resellers here: http://shop.krikzz.com/aboutus.sc
>>
>>2987742
I just checked the german shop, it's still cheaper than importing from USA, guess that's where I'm going to get it to
>>
>>2982265

Could you sound any more like a condescending faggot? Jesus Christ, go back to dildo'ing yourself in the ass with a Wiimote and leave the rest of us in peace.
>>
>>2985996

What is a 64 drive?
>>
>>2988054
I know this is a board for retro video games and MAYBE you're roleplaying like internet search engines didn't exist back in the 90's, but they totally did.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=64drive
>>
File: gdsf7.jpg (611KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
gdsf7.jpg
611KB, 1280x1707px
>>2982408
put a cheap gotek floppy emulator in mine, now its marginally less obnoxious to load shit
>>
How good is the compatibility of the Everdrive N8?
Am I correct to assume it is the best NES flashcart?
How long is the list of incompatible games?

Is it true that the NES can only do composite and any RGB mods are not legit?
>>
>>2989595
>Is it true that the NES can only do composite and any RGB mods are not legit?
NESRGB mod by Tim Worthington is amazing and worth the money. I recommend www.retrofixes.com. Wes does a great job with all of his mods.

>hurrrrr shill hurrrrr
>>
>>2982351
You're wrong. You might want to include amps in the cables but that's not a mod. Nothing in the console needs to be changed. It outputs RGB out of the box.

>>2988048
>Wiimote
You emufags just can't resist the urge to emushitup every thread you see, can you?
>>
>>2987126
Zero NES games have enhanced sound chips, it's a Famicom only feature and a fair number of FC games used it. The EverDrive does support it when used on a Famicom, but you need to mod your NES to make it work.
>>
>>2990121
>You're wrong. You might want to include amps in the cables but that's not a mod. Nothing in the console needs to be changed. It outputs RGB out of the box.
no, you're wrong.

yes, it can output RGB natively and yes, it needs amplification (which theoretically could be cable-side) however the a/v out connector on every tg16/pce does NOT have pins for RGB.
so yes, you need to open it up and tap the lines directly from the video chip and install a din8/custom connector or tap it from the ext port of TG16

dummy.
>>
>>2990829
I was making PCE RGB cables before you were born kiddo. You get it off the exp port not the AV connector. I won't even insult dummies by putting an underage fool like you in the same category.
>>
>>2987698
That's the 161 in 1, and it wasn't made in China. Google aliexpress neo geo multicart, and you'll encounter plenty of 138 in 1 and other carts for $100 or less.
>>
>>2991474
Could you get any more mad kid? That's fine and well if you just want to play knockoff NES games, but if you wanna play CD games like an adult that sure puts you in a sticky pickle huh?
>>
>>2991474
Exp port
>>2990829
ext port

You couldn't figure out a simple typo? I said exactly that.
Cut the kiddo thing, you're not impressing anyone anonymously over the internet on a Cambodian Etch-A-Sketch forum.

Plus, I'm sure I'm older than you, not that it matters. I wish more young people would play retro games.
>>
>>2991813
Not the slightest bit sticky. You'd put your shit in the IFU. There's absolutely no reason to ever RGB mod a PCE. Unless you're retarded.

>>2991818
It's hard to tell what you were trying to say. Plugging a cable into an ext/exp/whatever port isn't modding. You can't say "your wrong. you do have to mod it but you mod it by not modding it" and expect anyone to understand WTF you're saying.

If you were anywhere near my age you'd know how to write a coherent sentence. Not sure when they stopped teaching that but obviously you missed the boat. If by a few years less than some other kid no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>2991803
I can't find a single one on AliExpress, that is made for the home system (AES). They're all for the arcade systems (MVS). If you DO find one for the home system, PLEASE post a link here.
>>
>>2992185
I've never seen an AES multi cart on ali either
I'd be open to getting a MVS cart and a converter. Again looking for anyone with experience who can offer advice on how well that does/doesn't work. What's the best/cheapest cart/converter.
>>
File: 1352016490157.png (2MB, 1920x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1352016490157.png
2MB, 1920x1134px
>>2991945
>You'd put your shit in the IFU
That sure sounds a lot like modding to me.
>>
>>2992185
>I can't find a single one on AliExpress, that is made for the home system (AES). They're all for the arcade systems (MVS). If you DO find one for the home system, PLEASE post a link here.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Neo-Geo-SNK-108-in-one-fighting-game-cartridge-jamma-multi-game-pcb-game-board/1366798422.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.125.rtQ5m5
According to the wiki, this cart works on the AES. The 100 in 1, 108 in 1, and 111 in 1 all work on the AES, and a few more work with some modification.
>>
>>2991945
>There's absolutely no reason to ever RGB mod a PCE.
I think you are the most obvious troll I've ever seen on /vr/, and that's saying something.
>>
>>2992185
I don't know much of anything about Neo Geo stuff, but aren't there adapters that let you play MVS games on AES and such?
>>
>>2992912
There are, but the cheapest one is about $200. Also, they don't have 100% compatibility with all the multicarts.
>>
>>2992881
Amazing. Thank you. Because, I'm in no way tech savvy enough to do ANY modifications. Looks like I need to buy this 108 in 1, soon! Thanks Anon.
>>
>>2987749
German shop is out of stock for those thought.
>>
>>2962121
Just buy it online, weirdo.

Are you still living in the 80s or something?
>>
>>2992630
>modding an IFU is modding the console
That sure sounds a lot like retarded to me
The more you try the justify your original statement while back peddling now that you know it's wrong the more retarded you look.

>>2992902
Of course you do sonny. Everyone who proves you wrong is a shitposting troll. kek
>>
>>2991945
I put my shit in the core unit, because I didn't want to cut holes in the IFU (nor did I have the tools to do so and make it look pretty) but I could reuse the hole for RF out in the core unit if I unsoldered the RF unit.
>>
>>2992881
I'm guessing that this is the Wiki:
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/MVS_Multicart

According to that, the 108 in 1 will work fine in an AES, without any modifications.
>>
>>2994417
I don't think it's being autistic to point out that while a converter may not technically be a "modification" it is a very expensive piece of additional hardware that is required to use that card in an AES.
>>
>>2994382
Well if that works for you then great. However lacking the skills/tools to mod the IFU does fall under the exception I listed to the "no reason" rule.
>>
>>2994331
That fucking expensive for a converter? I know it's neo geo we're talking about here, but goddamn. I take it theres more going on inside and its not a simple pin adapter like with the NES-famicom converters or the power base converter?
>>
>>2994376
>Of course you do sonny. Everyone who proves you wrong is a shitposting troll. kek
Dude, a PCE does not natively support RGB.
>>
>>2961696
Is there any match for everdrive for the gbc, or is everdrive just the way to go?
>>
>>2988054
a miserable pile of overpricing
>>
>>2994618
Wait. So, I need to still buy a converter to use the 108 in 1? No, thank you. I was looking for a multicart that would play in my AES without any extra add-ons or modifications. Just plug and play. Is there any such thing? Thanks for catching that, Anon!

>>2994754
Yeah, I feel you. You're preaching to the choir. I honestly don't know what's going on inside those things either. Who knows, maybe the prices are more than justified, and not inflated. I just don't know enough to answer that question. :(
>>
>>2994885
Kid, it does. Read the thread and learn something.
>>
>>2996042
It needs to be amplified and there's no stock rgb out connection.

Shut your stupid fucking mouth.
>>
>>2996245
No kid I'm 100 years old kid look how old I am kid I know what I'm talking about kid shut the fuck up kid
>>
>>2996010
Nope, the prices are inflated as fuck since people know the Neo Geo buyers have money. Back in 2013 some french guy crowdfunded a cheaper converter, saying he was gonna take the profits to make more. So 30-50 were made and sold at 64EUR, and no one has heard more since. Which is a shame, since people said it was nearly perfect, and it's less than %50 of the cheapest converters out there.
>>
>>2996245
WTF is a "stock rgb out connection"? No doubt some shit you'll define later to mean whatever you want to prove some point.
The EXT bus is a "connection". It comes "stock" with the PCE. It outputs RGB. Crying about it isn't going to change the facts. You don't have to mod a PCE to get RGB
You sound like a very angry baby. Are you so upset because you've been proven to be a fool or do you have other issues at home?
>>
>>2996010
Yeah, you need a converter. That's not the end of the world. The converter costs as much as 1-2 typical AES games. Then you can use a $50 MVS multi cart to give you 161 "games" which is at least half that many real games. Plus you can play MVS originals. And of course you can always play AES originals is you sell a kidney or something. I'm willing to go that route. Still looking for advice from anyone who's done it.

There are AES multi carts. The ones made by the usual suspects are very expensive. A converter and MVS multi would be much cheaper. There were Chinese ones but I haven't seen one if quite a while and assume they're not being made any more.

>>2996331
>im 10 years young look how young i am i dont know what im talking about
You sound very upset that someone who's been around longer than you knows more than you.
>>
File: 1349470806327.jpg (21KB, 400x330px) Image search: [Google]
1349470806327.jpg
21KB, 400x330px
>>2996626
>upset
That's one word for it I guess.
>>
>>2961696
I'm not finding much when I search for "flash cart" on aliexpress. What terms should I use?
>>
>>2997113

Flash cartridge, or even just <system> cartridge and sift through results.

Do not use short form or nicknames when you're trying to find shit on a Chinese site. They have absolutely zero understanding of English wordplay.
>>
>>2996476
And what about the pce models without the expansion port?
>checkmate atheists
>>
>>2996042
Nope. But please continue trying to troll. This is funny.
>>
>>2997456
We're talking about cores. Read the thread.

>>2997889
Nope you can't read? Or nope you reject reality?
>>
Does the EZ flashcard for the gba also allow for gb/gbc games?
>>
>>2998469
No. You'll have to use a tool like Goomba to bundle the gb/gbc games into a gba rom.
>>
>>2998505
anyone use alt64 is it good http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=816.270
>>
>>2998505
Does that work well?

Aside from that, is EZ flashcard the way to go or is there a valid alternative?
>>
>>2998505
B-But that's emulation.
>>
>>2998521
I've had no problems with whatever version of goomba I ended up using so far but I'll I've used it for was trackers.
I've had only one problem in general with my EZ Flash IV and that was because I flashed a bad firmware and couldn't get Mother 3 to run.

>>2998523
unfortunately, yeah. gb(c) flashcarts should work just fine on gba though
>>
>>2998521

It's fine, but sucks for heavy ROMs, like larger games, ROM hacks, homebrews, etc.
>>
>>2998556
Larger games like...?

Would Zelda/Pokemon/Harvest Moon/Golden Sun/Metroid work fine? Is any of those out of the question?
>>
>>2961696
i bought my dad one of those for christmas and it works great
>>
>>2999853

Usually RPGs. Metroid should be fine.

Pokemon is definitely out of the question.
>>
>>2998461
>Nope you can't read? Or nope you reject reality?
My sides. Keep embarrassing yourself.. please
>>
>>3000269
Is that a matter of getting a different flash card, or is getting the original the only way a game like pokemon would work?
>>
Why not just use Wii Homebrew?
>>
>>3000527
I haven't heard of a flash cart that worked with Pokemon ROMs 100%. Remember: I'm talking about emulated ROMs like Goomba or Goomba Color through the flash cart. I think regular GBA Pokemon games should run fine, but I haven't tried them so I can't confirm.

Krikzz is working on a GBA flash cart, but who knows when he'll have that out.
>>
>>3000758
Ah, sorry, I actually meant that: is there a size limit for large GBA roms or was that just about GB/GBC?
>>
>>3000841
I think any GBA games in GBA flash cart should be fine. Again, I can't confirm larger RPGs as those I already own. Any ROM hack done for an RPG I haven't played yet.
>>
>>2968274
Not that guy but thanks for the info, I've been using Wood for years.
>>
File: damn.png (574KB, 853x349px) Image search: [Google]
damn.png
574KB, 853x349px
>>2961696

No retrogame store in my country sells the everdrive so I end up buying the ED64 plus.

I´ve got my NTSC version of ED64 plus and I really like it, it runs almost everything but games like Banjo Tooie and WWF No Mercy dont work.

Does anyone of you has the patched version of Banjo Tooie? not the patch but the rom already patched.

>tfw I wanted to play pal version of perfect dark to see the translation of the game but I could´t because the ntsc chip.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.