[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dune 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot-1.png (28KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-1.png
28KB, 640x400px
ITT: The first Dune game. Not the RTS released as Dune 2, but the first adventure/strategy hybrid made by Cryo interactive.

Does anyone else just love the shit out of this game? It's so unique and fun, and the CD soundtrack is one of the best albums of any genre imo.

Really hoping to find other Anons who /dune/.
>>
this thread appeared before /vr/ was ready for it

it appeared before it was supposed to

this game / port ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3NcFEvc4yk&t=9900
>>
>>2943965
Yes, that's the game! It was also on SegaCD but the DOS version is more common.

The officially arranged soundtrack to this game is mind blowing. Look on torrents or khinsider for Dune: Spice Opera, credited to Stephane Picq or Exxos.
>>
File: Battle.gif (2MB, 633x277px) Image search: [Google]
Battle.gif
2MB, 633x277px
>>2943870
Oh shit I love me some Dune by Cryo
>>
>>2943870

I'm currently playing the CD version on my Dos computer, damn good game.

Its not a fan of my MT-32 though.
>>
>>2944408
You know I loved the synth music back in the 90s when it was new, but after I heard the Exxos soundtrack, the SB/AdLib synth is awful. I've never heard it on MT-32 tho.
>>
>>2944408
>tfw your MT-32 is so busted it skips more than half the partials so you only get the FM part of an instrument at times
>tfw my original AC adaptor just stopped working

I just want Munt to be perfect and not resource intensive.
>>
File: 375px-Sheeanaandworm.jpg (17KB, 375x311px) Image search: [Google]
375px-Sheeanaandworm.jpg
17KB, 375x311px
Dune 1 is my absolute favorite of the books, is this based off dune 1 or simply exist in the same universe? Also how bullshit would the puzzles be for someone with little adventure game experience?
>>
>>2944857
It loosely follows the story of the first book, maybe the Lynch film. You play as Paul, traveling around Arrakis becoming one with the Fremen. The puzzles are essentially flying around in an ornithopter, dropping inventory items here and there, talking to the right people to trigger the right story events. There's also an overarching slow-paced strategy game, you need to harvest enough spice to meet Shaddam's quotas, and train some fremen units in military and eventually in ecology.

I'm a huge fan of the books and was really enamored with this game. Maybe you'll like it too.
>>
>>2945171
Thanks, sounds interesting. I like that it sounds like it somewhat accurately follows the novel, I'll probably play it just to read all of the dialogue from the side characters. Did Herbert have any influence on this?
>>
>Hmm, the fish's mouth...
>I WANT A SHIPMENT OF SPICE TODAY
The biggest problem is when you replay it, since with knowledge of where to go you will most likely find the comms room so early that the first shipment demand comes before your Fremen have even begun harvesting spice.

Other than that, I don't remember any actual item puzzles, just taking specific NPC's to specific locations all the time.
>>
I hacked my savegame so I have a shitload of spice :)

I do wonder why whathisname will tell me that we can send the emperor all the spice we have, in longplay videos I've seen that done and afterwards the emperor still keeps asking for more.
>>
>>2947009
Isn't "send all spice" for when you can't pay all he asks, and it makes him give you another chance before sending Sardaukar on your ass?
>>
>>2947009
>>2947021
I *think* if you Send All Spice and send more than required, then the next spice demand may be delayed a day or two, and may be slightly less than it otherwise would have been.

I usually just send enough to meet his demands and have more than enough spice to do that.

If you keep an eye on your harvesters, keep good trained crews on them, give them an orni, and suck areas dry before doing ecology, then you'll harvest all the spice on the planet easily. Once you get to about 50 game days you should have tens of thousands in the bank, and be closing in on the Harkonnen fortress with atomics. A good player can finish in under 50 days.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.