[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Sega console is the best to collect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: megadrive.jpg (2MB, 4240x2120px) Image search: [Google]
megadrive.jpg
2MB, 4240x2120px
So, I own some other consoles, but i dont own anything sega related yet, even tho I wanted to have a sega for quiet a time.

I already got some Information elsewhere, but before i buy one i just wanted to ask what /vr/ thinks?

I am personallyin favor of the megadrive as it is pretty cheap in genereal and has some decent games.

What do you guys think? Any other recommendations?
>>
Genesis is the best system to collect for since it's so inexpensive. The Dreamcast would be second, and everything else is relatively pricey.
>>
>>2942841
I don't think the cost of the games for a retro system should be a deciding factor in its quality, since it's so easy (and in my opinion, ethical) to pirate retro games and play them on the original hardware.

My vote right now would have to be for the Dreamcast, but Saturn has a lot of games I'm interested in that I haven't played yet, so maybe my vote will eventually switch to the Saturn.
>>
>>2942854
These were the 2 i actually thought about as well.
Are there any positive or negative reasons for/against the mega drive/Dreamcast?
>>
>>2942856
how is it easy to pirate Retro games and Play on the Hardware?I only heard about blank cartridges, but even those cost like 80€ herein europe.
>>
Master System is the most plentiful in my experience, and it's the cheapest.
>>
>>2942856
Whoops I'm an idiot, OP specifically said "to collect for". Yeah, Genesis wins by a landslide then.

>>2942871
You only have to buy one cartridge and then you have the whole library accessible to you (maybe you need another piece of hardware to put the ROMs on the cart, I dunno, I've never used one). That's cheaper than 2 or 3 Genesis games, depending on the games.

Saturn you can install a modchip or use some other techniques, then you can play burned CDs. I believe if your Dreamcast is an early enough model, you can just pop in burned CDs right away, no modding required.
>>
>>2942883
Okay, so yeah, that works if it's just about playing and not about collecting.
I think I go with the megadrive, buy themost important games, maybe like 20-50, depends on how much i like the console and the games in the end. And afterwards I'll get myself one of those blank cartridges for all the other games.
>>
>>2942871
Everdrive MD or Mega Everdrive are what you are looking for. Everdrive MD plays every retail game and goes for about $75. You put roms on an SD card and go. Mega Everdrive is about $120 and include Sega CD Ram cart support and allows you to play homebrews with large memory size.
>>
>>2942841
All of them.

I'd favor the Saturn, still; if you're into playing games, it's still the hardest to emulate so it's much much better to get the original hardware here. Games are on the expensive side, but you could either swap, use PseudoSaturn, or upgrade the console by cramming a Rhea/Phoebe inside.
It also has very unique and fun games. If you've only played on say on a SNES, you're likely to find that it's an acquired taste.
>>
Megadrive, no doubt !
it got the most memorable games from a huge variety and a huge game library in general
also, theres something about the soundchip that i really love
>>
>>2942883
>OP specifically said "to collect for".
You could do both. Pirate games you want to play and can't find at a decent price, but slowly collect the real releases over time on the side. It's kinda what I do, and as a result I tend to buy only games I actually enjoy playing, and only if the price seems fair to me (you won't feel frustrated if you stumble upon overpriced games and can't negotiate a deal with the seller).
>>
>>2942841
Whichever one has the most games you wanna play you goof.
>>
>>2942841
master system because nobody likes that console and games are cheap
>>
>>2942971
Might as well get a Megadrive then since it's fully backward compatible (and nowadays some converters can even add FM support).
>>
>>2942841
Genesis, simply because it was the most popular. If you want something obscure, do Saturn. Dreamcast is cool, but it is also kind of lame in some ways.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.