[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A relative of mine was cleaning out a shed, and gave me some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: SNES_Doom_Box_Art.jpg (35KB, 514x358px) Image search: [Google]
SNES_Doom_Box_Art.jpg
35KB, 514x358px
A relative of mine was cleaning out a shed, and gave me some games she found.

I got Doom on snes, Double Dragon 2 on nes, and This Is Soccer 2005 on ps2.

How did I do?
>>
>>2939023
Double Dragon 2 is pretty good.
>>
>>2939023
Many people don't realize Carmack himself did the SNES port.

That being said, its the only slightly beter than the 32X version. Its damn near unplayable.
>>
>>2939224

now imagine how bad it would have been if he DIDN'T have a hand in the port...
>>
>>2939224
Carmack did the Jaguar port. The SNES version is a different engine by Randy Linden, the creator of Bleem! .
>>
>>2939224
>only slightly beter than the 32X version
Debatable as fuck.

SNES had better music and had the bosses, but the 32X version just blows it out of the water when it comes to controls, visuals, game speed, and sound.

The SNES version really doesn't play very well at all, but you also didn't have to buy an overpriced expansion module to play it, so there's that (though a 32X can be had pretty cheap these days).

>>2939860
>Carmack did the Jaguar port.
Probably the only reason that port is as good as it is.
Fun fact, it has no music because Carmack made the system use that processing to run the game instead.
>>
>>2939918
>it has no music
it does have music, just not during the levels.
>>
>>2939023
>Double Dragon 2 on nes

One of the best games ever.
>>
>>2939978
Well yeah, but the processing power that would have been used for music in most games is used to handle gameplay and rendering when you're playing, that's what I mean, I know they put in intermission music.

To be honest OneeFam, they should have included a music CD to play in the background.
>>
File: Logo_Doom_64.png (280KB, 469x238px) Image search: [Google]
Logo_Doom_64.png
280KB, 469x238px
is Doom 64 really the Doom 3 we never got?
>>
>>2940429
i beat doom on the jaguar once I got used to the controller (which wasn't easy). it was fun, too bad it's only RF so the picture quality was shit.
>>
>>2940452
Some say it is.
Personally I think Doom 3 was ok.
The chainsaw is love.
>>
>>2940459
>it was fun
Yeah, Doom is like that, inherently deficient ports and methods of play still end up being fun.

It's a very strong game.
>>
>>2940452
I have doom 64 and really like it. The eerie soundtrack is wonderful
>>
>>2940459
Jaguar can do everything from composite to RGB. RF-only is a common misconception. AV cables plug into the expansion-port-looking-thing on the back.
>>
Am I the only one on /vr/ who likes the super Nintendo port of doom?
>>
>>2940587
as a novelty or as a legitimately good version of doom?
>>
>>2940592
As a legit good version of doom. It's not as good as the PC version, but i think it's also as bad as people make it out to be. It's to me, better than most of the other ports.
>>
>>2940606
*not as bad as people make it out to be
>>
>>2939224
>>2939752
The game was developed in secret then presented to id. If Carmack had a hand in it, it might of run as good as the Wolf3D port.
>>
>>2941034
This is correct, a team at Sculptured Software handled the SNES DOOM port, not Carmack.

It's possible that the DOOM port on SNES could have been much better had Carmack spent some time on it. The SFX chip would've certainly helped him pull off some miracles, but it would still only be a respectable port in the best case scenario.
>>
>>2939918
The 32X version is clearly superior to the SNES, you have to be brain dead to think otherwise.

>>2940609
I think this is fair. I rented DOOM when it came out on SNES (I was a poorfag back then) and played the shit out of it for a week... one of my fondest memories as a kid. It was sluggish and a bit choppy but totally playable and a respectable port.
>>
>>2940587
It's not -bad- but there are better ports from the same time.
There are also much worse ports like the Saturn or 3DO ports, my god those were terrible.

>>2941138
Yeah, I think the 32X port is overrall pretty decent.
Hell, it somehow runs better than the Saturn port.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.