[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Defend this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: risefromyourgrave.jpg (654KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
risefromyourgrave.jpg
654KB, 1600x1600px
Defend this game
>>
No.
>>
Music was ok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJRGbHLahJ4
>>
Which e-celeb talked shit about this game? This is an all time classic.
>>
It looked nice on my pc
>>
>>2937630
It still looks nice graphically, it's aged quite well in that regard.
>>
THREE DEE
GRAPHICS
>>
>>2937630

Music by Queen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>2937630
best misleading marketing ever!
>>
>>2937647
Someone in another thread said that /vr/ would defend Rise of the Robots and OP took it as a challenge.
>>
Robots are always cool. Umm, that's everything I can think of.
>>
The character designs are nice. I like the error messages that show up on the opponent's HP bar when they get defeated.

>>2937805

I said that people only hate Bubsy to the extent that they do thanks to memes and online reviewers. Someone thought I was being contrarian, even though I lumped the series in with E.T and Superman 64.
>>
The cut scenes were pretty cool.
>>
>>2937630
The character designs and promotional art were cool as fuark in 1995. Still has its charm to me
>>
Final Boss is hot
>>
>>2937809
>The character designs are nice.

Agreed, this could have been a pretty decent game.
If only it had gotten a better fighting engine and a full selectable roster in story mode.

They did it in Rise 2, but by then the damage had been done.
(maybe they tried to pull a Turbo edition and cash in twice?)
>>
>>2937630
The same experience on every platform it was released, quite an accomplishment at the time.
>>
>>2937809
Bubsy 1 and 2 are okay. I would have felt ripped off paying full price for them in the 90's, but they would have been worth a rental.
>>
>>2938198
Weren't some of the ports (even more) flawed like the player not being able to jump over the enemy or not changing directions?
>>
>>2937630
It had good designs and really was graphically impressive back then, even if it feels dated nowadays.

That's all I can say.
>>
>>2937630
Great music and the graphics actually held up.
Otherwise it was a horrible fighting game.
>>
>>2937630
>has the word rise in title
Stopped, dropped, and lol'd there.
>>
Robots were cool back in the 90s. Also, is a fighter. Great rent for a weekend with your cousins.
>>
>>2938401
I rented Bubsy and I still felt like I was ripped off.
>>
>>2937630
Why is it called Rise of the Robots if the robots are fighting each other instead of rising against our human oppressors? What a stupid name.
>>
File: rise.jpg (484KB, 1600x1079px) Image search: [Google]
rise.jpg
484KB, 1600x1079px
>>2937779
>best misleading marketing ever!
Yes. Astonishingly, it got 90s from a couple of publications. Apparently, not from picrelated.
>>
>>2938443
From what I know only in the cancelled arcade version you can jump over each other.
>>
>>2937630
This thread makes me want to play this game again. The SVGA graphics were very impressive at the time. And oh yeah, still a better game than Pit Fighter.
>>
>>2940582
Man, that's hilarious.
>>
>>2940582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaM3hblC0i4
It doesn't even look much better than Killer Instinct.
>>
>cool character designs
>cool graphics
>cook soundtrack
>shit everything else
Someone like, should remake this game with better gameplay in MUGEN or something.
>>
File: omf-fight.jpg (101KB, 1276x799px) Image search: [Google]
omf-fight.jpg
101KB, 1276x799px
>>2937630

I remember buying it & being bitterly disappointed.
Was so difficult because the fighting mechanics were fucked.

Pic is a robot fighting game done perfectly.
>>
This game is a fucking piece of shit do not want play

Yes do bot want play ...
>>
The blue robot kinda looks like Pepsiman. I like Pepsiman.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.