[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post hidden PS1 gems!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 13

File: ff7_us.jpg (64KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
ff7_us.jpg
64KB, 650x650px
Post hidden PS1 gems!
>>
>>2936078
Pic unrelated, I hope, because that's a terrible game.
>>
I know this is supposed to be ironic shitposting or something, but this is the 20th "recommend me games/which is the best x game/show me hidden gems" thread on the board. Game rec threads are now 1/5th of the board.
>>
>>2936084
Rule 16
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>
File: 36756-Deathtrap_Dungeon_[U]-1.jpg (97KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
36756-Deathtrap_Dungeon_[U]-1.jpg
97KB, 600x594px
did you play this? LOL
>>
>>
>>2936078
Tobal 2
>>
>>2937186
>Rated KA

Seriously?
>>
File: robo-pit-usa.jpg (173KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
robo-pit-usa.jpg
173KB, 600x600px
Robo Pit, this game is the tits. You'll get addicted easily.

But not Robo Pit 2, that game was kusoge garbage and the first time I ever experienced a sequel that was objectively, totally worse than the original.
>>
>>2937268
Heart of Darkness got an E rating despite the large amount of fully-animated deaths.
>>
>>2937298
I thankfully didn't suffer that until Devil May Cry 2. What a pile of shit.
>>
File: Wild_9_Coverart.png (158KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Wild_9_Coverart.png
158KB, 250x250px
Wild 9. Great platformer. You have this kind of energy arm/whip that allows you to grab onto things, swing, and pick up objects or even enemies and toss them about. Great fun.
>>
post hidden PS1 gem and you put a pick of FF7. You need to go back and see what hidden gems are you fucking fag
>>
>>2937413
>falling for ironic shitposting
>>
>>2937509
This place is getting really, really bad for underage/morons.
>>
>>2937361
That game was unique as fuck, I just wish it played a LITTLE better. Maybe it was because I was a kid but I also couldn't beat anything past like the 2nd or 3rd level, so I had to cheat to see the other stages. It just got weirder and weirder...
>>
File: akuji-the-heartless-usa.jpg (203KB, 600x605px) Image search: [Google]
akuji-the-heartless-usa.jpg
203KB, 600x605px
>>2937186
That is a pretty good 2.5D platformer. Uses the fact that you are a spider pretty well with wall crawling and spinning a thread, rocking yourself, then launching yourself.

Here is one that I don't see mentioned. Akuji: The Heartless is fun if you have a Mario 64 itch. Except it doesn't take place in the mushroom kingdon but in the afterlife with voodoo magic and shit.
>>
Is monster rancher uncommon? I had friends who loved it when I was a kid but I literally never saw a copy in store, everyone who had it either had a modchip or emulated it. This was in Australia though, maybe it just never really caught on here. Pretty sure the PS2 game never even came out here.
>>
>>2936084
/v/ is sadly leaking more and more here
>>
>>
>>2936641
What and who the fuck is this? I saw him posted in a Tekken image too, but he isn't a Tekken character.
>>
File: Rapid Reload (Europe).png (422KB, 2505x1687px) Image search: [Google]
Rapid Reload (Europe).png
422KB, 2505x1687px
>>
>>2937361
It's very short though.

>>2937671
It had a pretty nice presentation, too bad the game was boring as fuck, like a Soul Reaver removed of all the interesting things.
>>
File: 1376725254214.jpg (106KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1376725254214.jpg
106KB, 640x480px
>>2937696
It's a pretty good game, though one of the best parts about it was that one Russian bootleg cover.
>>
File: Wild 9 (USA).png (3MB, 2350x1768px) Image search: [Google]
Wild 9 (USA).png
3MB, 2350x1768px
>>2937361
fuckin dope game i agree
>>
File: 403_front.jpg (16KB, 198x197px) Image search: [Google]
403_front.jpg
16KB, 198x197px
Not really hidden, but I think the game might have been overlooked due to the poor reputation arcade sequels have.

You fly around in a small craft and navigate 3D platforming stages while fending off centipedes, spiders and other assorted oversized bugs. Each stage has its own objectives - usually protecting certain objects or NPCs from being destroyed by foes. You can collect a variety of power-ups from shields to weapon enhancements. The original arcade version of Centipede is also included on the disc.
>>
File: 2654_front.jpg (72KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
2654_front.jpg
72KB, 640x639px
I've never played any of the mainline M&M games, so I know nothing about this game's connection to the overall universe. It's a 3D action RPG, whereas I'm pretty sure the other M&M games are turn-based strategy.

The game has some nice aesthetics. Feels kind of like a proto Dark Souls for PS1, except it's not really open-world. You're move from one major area of the game to the next, although there's a little backtracking involved until you finish up all major quests in that area. You can also move between field / dungeon areas and the citadel where you purchase and sell items.

Although you gain traditional experience levels, your spells and weapon proficiencies level up individually a la Elder Scrolls, so you can specialize your character whatever way you want. Enemies have varying degrees of resistance to each weapon type however, so over-specializing in one specific weapon can easily cripple you.

You can also find talismans that either grant you resistances or will imbue your weapons with certain elemental attributes, which are crucial since enemy resistances are so situational.

The difficulty level is definitely up there. Most everything can one-shot you at the beginning of the game, it's hard to distinguish between friends and foes, and it's not always obvious that walking into a room is going to prompt a lighting bolt to come down from nowhere and kill you in a single strike.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.