[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a modded ps1 and a bunch of blank cds. What are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ODM6WGV[1].jpg (431KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ODM6WGV[1].jpg
431KB, 3264x2448px
I have a modded ps1 and a bunch of blank cds.

What are some games that benefit more from being played on a real hardware and CRT tv than emulated? I played most of the ps1 classics but still feel free to suggest all kinds of stuff. I have next few days off and could really go for some ps1 vidya.
>>
Too bad that dank shell is all scratched up, I'd still buy it for 4.99
>>
>>2935883
Depends on the hardware you're using
if you're going all out with a high quality CRT, stereo receiver with some nice headphones/speakers or just standard stuff
honest most 2d stuff looks pretty amazing either way
>>
Lightgun games?
Mednafen is pretty advanced as far as fifth generation emulators go. It's not like you can't emulate to with a CRT either.
>>
>>2935883
> which games benefit from low res and no texture smoothing?
> how can I get a better experience than playing on ePSXe with a USB-PSX adaptor?

Sorry senpai but I think emulation wins this round. Just play your favorite games or go thru a hidden gems list. RacketBoy has a good one.
>>
>>2935898
Don't have a lightgun sadly!
>>2935897
Well I have a really nice flatscreen trinitron, hooked to a sony stereo and I also have some pioneer headphones but I prefer to play console vidya with speakers.

Anyway fire away with some ideas.
>>
>>2935883
Mednafen has an high degree of accuracy so I can't think of a game that would benefit from an original console, but CRTs are a feature in itself so playing the games in their original intended way is more than you can ask.
>>
>>2935903
Son ps1 games look ten times better on a real CRT than emulated on your shitty LCD screen, no matter what amount of filtering you set.
>>
Get real high and play LSD Dream Emulator for 2 days straight.
>>
>>2935909
What about using an authentic PSOne LCD?
>>
>>2935910
i think you mean drop lsd and play lsd dream emulator
>>
>>2935913
It still looks blocky as fuck.
>>
>No mention of rhythm games
I haven't played PaRappa but it has to be one of the best PS1 games for a CRT.

Maybe there are some games that don't emulate well? I'm not up on PS1 emulation.
>>
>>2935883
Have you played THPS?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD7BMhbvnLs

These seem to be emulating it and having a few sound issues / graphics clipping. so maybe give that a go

also anyone know where to get ps1 shells like in OPs pic?
>>
PS1s are dirt cheap these days. Although some of the games are overpriced. The only benefit I can think of to owning the actual hardware is that you won't have any issues playing some games that were coded like shit, or used a lot of CPU trickery to pull off special effects. These are the most likely to cause problems with emulation. Games like King's Field (Japan) and Vagrant Story may be a couple of examples.

>>2935908

The accuracy is no more considerable than other modern PS1 emulators, and Mednafen is a resource hog and a pain in the ass to configure. I'd recommend literally anything else.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.