[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vectrex emulator

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: vectrex.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
vectrex.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
Did you guys know that there is a Vectrex emulator?

link: http://www.vectrex.fr/ParaJVE/

Sure it might not be the same as owning an actual real Vectrex but it is an alternative for those who don't own one.
>>
Of course we know, but you can't replicate the intensity of a real vector display.
>>
>>2933993
That's kind of the whole appeal of the system, isn't it? The games are just clones of other arcade games.
>>
>>2933991
Yeah, it's called MAME or MESS. They've had it for ages, there's only like 28 vectrex games and shit.

>>2933993
Not strictly, but yeah it's possible if you pick up vector monitor or tweak a standard CRT to act as one. Though honestly with an overlay to kill the shit black levels, an LCD could probably do it since they're pretty stupid fuck bright as well.
>>
>>2933991

>Vectrex emulator?

its like emulating a discrete circuit game. It must be pretty shitty.
>>
>>2933991
Yes. Everyone here over the age of 12 knows

>>2934387
>games are just clones
Are you OP or do we have two of you here?

>>2934431
No, it's like emulating a 6809. Easy as fuck and accurate since decades
>>
>>2933991
I played Pole Position in the Vectrex emulator, it looked amazing, even considering the age.
>>
>>2934429
Yes, you could get a vector monitor (easiest way - buy a vectrex) and use an emulator but you'd need a controller for the vector that can by addressed by Mame. The only such animal is Zektor which is a small-batch device not currently in production and quite desireable to arcadefags. There was an Anon who said he was getting one but I haven't seen it yet.

Likewise, I've seen articles that talk about converting raster displays to XY but I've never known anyone who actually did it.

I like being Anon because I don't feel boasty when I discuss my hobbies and I don't have to censor myself but it sure also makes it easy for people to regurgitate things they've heard while embellishing or trivializing them until they become mostly untrue.

>bottom line: every retro gamer should experience a real vector display, at least for reference
>>
>>2935352
That wasn't the bottom line of what you were saying. Also it's called TL;DR. Also no one regurgitated anything, it was a valid comment. Also, it was a general statement that someone could write a controller hooking into the emulator for it and it would thus serve effectively as an effective vector monitor. It wouldn't be largely different. I'm not suggesting it's a super quick and easy patch that anyone can toss up, but it can be done.
>>
>>2935352
Converting a standard CRT to vector isn't actually that difficult. You still need something to drive it but if you can manage the conversion you can probably manage a simple ZVG. Regardless you'd have to be 33rd degree autist to do this for personal use.
>>
>>2935640
It was quite literally the bottom line
>>
>>2935640
>it's called TL;DR
read the rules underage
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.