[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Darius franchise article on HG101 has been rewritten fro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: Darius_flyer.jpg (41KB, 298x420px) Image search: [Google]
Darius_flyer.jpg
41KB, 298x420px
The Darius franchise article on HG101 has been rewritten from scratch.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/darius/darius.htm

Thoughts?
>>
>>2932002

>"You know Akira-san, have you ever thought those long space ships in sci-fi shows..."
>"they sorta look like fishes?"
>"What if... what if we were to make fish-ships? "
>>
>>2932002

>there was a second Darius game for the snes

Had no clue. I rented Darius Twin as a kid.
>>
>>2932017
Darius Force is quite decent, but it's slooow.
>>
>>2932002

>Darius Burst

They're asking too much for an arcade shooter. It's on my steam wishlist. Once it hits 30 dollars I'll buy.
>>
>>2932019
>putting action games on the SNES
I'll never understand why devs did that.
>>
>>2932103
>>putting action games on the SNES
>I'll never understand why devs did that.

$$$$
>>
>>2932031
it was under 20 several times already.

40-50 is a fair price for one with as much content as it anyway. even if "hurr durr recycled levels xD".
>>
>>2932448
>it was under 20 several times already.
no it hasn't
>>
>>2932103
It was good when devs knew how to work with the limited hardware of the SNES to make something good, AKA Natsume. But most of the time they just didn't, as proved with the countless mediocre Final Fight clones on the SNES.
>>
>>2932464
yeah I call bullshit on that too
>>
>>2932103
>>2932106
>>2932468

B-but the internet tells me the SNES is perfect in every way and is better than the genny
>>
>>2932448
no
cheapest it's been is 30 burgers from a steamgift scalper
>>
File: dariusintel.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dariusintel.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
Why didn't they translate the artbook?
I want to know more.
>>
>>2932002
What was the original for comparison?
>>
The part where the writer says he likes the music in the PC-Engine CD's Darius 2 more than the "weird" original seems to be exactly the same, that's all that stood out to me when I read the first one. That triggered my autism because Zuntata and Taito "weirdness" is part of what makes Darius and several of their other games distinctive and worth remembering.
>>
>>2932683
Those are just delusional Nintendorks. While it's true the SNES was pretty good for JRPGs (if that's your sort of thing) and first-party titles, its 3mhz cpu held it back when it came to fast games.
>>
>>2933264
The original called the first two Darius games kusoge.
>>
I have the Saturn version of Gaiden coming in the mail. What am I in for?

>>2934496
What makes them bad? I was thinking of getting II for the Saturn.
>>
>>2934496
HUGE BATTLESHIPS
APPROACHING FAST

Also a really distinct/cool soundtrack that sounds operatic
>>
>>2934501
great vocals
>>
>>2934501
>What makes them bad?
I think the point of that statement was that the article got shit on because the Kusoge lines were made both without historical context or as if it was some kind of widely accepted view of the games.
>>
>>2932031
>They're asking too much for an arcade shooter. It's on my steam wishlist. Once it hits 30 dollars I'll buy.

It has all levels and ships from the entire series playable and apparently something like 3000 levels (dunno how they got that figure...). It's supposed to be an AAA title, hence the price.
>>
File: p_angler.gif (38KB, 320x342px) Image search: [Google]
p_angler.gif
38KB, 320x342px
>>2934501
Gaiden is hectic but not difficult, and sometimes it can be very eerie. The music is great, there are many different paths with different bosses, the backgrounds have 3d effects up the wazoo, and the bosses are some of the most beautiful you'll ever see in 2d games.
It is missing a few effects from the arcade original, but no home port (even MAME) has those effects intact.

>What makes them bad? I was thinking of getting II for the Saturn.

Darius 1 was great, but difficult. There's nothing really wrong with it, for a 80s shooter it is as good as it can be.

Darius 2, I could never get the hang of that game. Possibly because it lacked the laser and wave weapons. The Saturn port is pretty good and allows you to zoom the widescreen graphics freely, but sadly it runs in low-res mode so you lose a lot of detail. I liked Gaiden much better.
>>
>>2935023
Keep shilling your glorified PSP port, fagfuck.
>>
>>2932468
Contra III and Mega Man X on the SNES was pretty good too.
>>
>>2935824
It's more of a remake, they should have really called it a sequel to avoid confusion.
>>
>>2932464
>>2932518
>>2933227

>not knowing nuuvem
>>
Is the PS1 version of G Darius worth playing or should I go for the version included in Taito Legends 2 on PS2?
>>
>>2936218

Get the TL2 port, it's literally better than arcade perfect since it has all the slowdown removed that existed even in the arcade version. Then you will realize how difficult the game was really intended to be!
>>
>>2936680
I hope this is a joke post
>>
Was gonna make a thread asking what would be the best entry level shmup to learn how to get good using OP's image as the OP image so I may as well ask here.

Been playing Darius games and Dungan Fever but it keeps kicking my ass
>>
>>2936853

Not a single part of my post was wrong, dear shitposter~
>>
>>2937034
batsugun special
>>
>>2937034
play r-type 1 since it's mostly about memorization

avoid gradius, the r-type sequels and r-type inspired games like rezon and x-multiply for a while because those will rape your ass
>>
>>2932031
>the song with screeching vocals that plays in the trailer

I really hope that's not what the whole soundtrack sounds like.
>>
>>2937118

That trailer music is not in the least bit indicative of the OST's quality and I have no idea how that tripe was approved.

Everything beyond that is typical Zuntata greatness.
>>
File: This Nigga.gif (737KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
This Nigga.gif
737KB, 200x250px
>>2937118
>>2937134
>Not liking FREEEEEDOM
>>
>>2937134
Zuntata didn't work on burst though, or am I thinking of the psp version?
>>
>>2932002

Lame. Gay.

Original version still the best.
>>
>>2937101
Gradius III for SNES and Nemesis 3 for MSX are pretty accessible. R-Type 1 might be a bit easier, but it's boring as fuck IMO.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.