[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SNES game genie help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: DSCF5344.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5344.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
So I just bought a SNES about a week ago and a game genie. I finally got some games that work for the SNES but I can't get the game genie to work. I have enclosed a picture of what my tv looks like when I plug in the game genie. If anyone can help I would gladly appreciate it.
>>
clean it
>>
>>2929281
With what? I haven't done that stuff in well over 10 years. What is the best stuff to clean it with so I don't break the game genie?
>>
>>2929286
pure alcohol so that it doesnt leave any water to cause rust
>>
>>2929289
Okay thanks. Do I need to use Q-tips?
>>
>>2929292
yes, an old nes trick was to use a clean pencil eraser on the contacts, that might work for you as well.
>>
>>2929304
Sorry to be such an ignoramus but where are the contacts on the game genie?
>>
>>2929310
in the bottom where it plugs into the console and in the top where the cartridge goes
>>
File: DSCF5346.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5346.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>2929318
so here...
>>
File: DSCF5345.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5345.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>2929339
and here if I'm understanding you correctly.
>>
>>2929264
Also, make sure that you have the original SNES, and not the SNES 2. Since, the Game Genie was supposed to NOT work on that console. Apparently, they made revisions to thwart those game copiers, but it made Game Genies not work either.
>>
>>2930031
How do you know if you have the SNES and not the SNES 2?
>>
>>2929281
>>2929289
>>2929304
>>2929318
>>2930031

Thanks for your help.
>>
>>2930269
Google is your friend.
>>
This is the nicest thread I've seen on /vr/ in a while. Good job, lads!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.