[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Game Boy Dragon Quest games any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: dragonw3f.jpg (66KB, 506x502px) Image search: [Google]
dragonw3f.jpg
66KB, 506x502px
Are the Game Boy Dragon Quest games any good?
>>
>>2927762
Yes, Dragon Warrior Monsters is a very legit competitor to Pokemon, and all of the remakes for the Gameboy refresh the games in such a way to make them perfectly accessible without sacrificing what makes the game what it is.
>>
Yeah.
>>
Probably better than the originals.
>>
>>2927762

DO you like DQ?
>>
>>2927762
I loved Dragon Warrior 3. And I liked Dragon Warrior Monsters a hell of a lot better than Pokemon, which I liked a lot. I never played Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 though, but always wanted to.
>>
>>2931840
2's the only one I've played. I love it so much. I probably should go and play 1 at some point.
>>
>>2931856
I'm sure it's good. Really need to check it out some time.
>>
>>2927762
First game is average and the second game is the pits.

I got bored of the third game pretty early on. Supposed to be in the top 3 DQs from what I've heard from a lot of anons, but it was too much of the same of the first two games for me after just coming fresh from beating DQII. So idk about that one
>>
>>2927762

These anons (>>2927781, >>2931840, >>2928916) are so very right by me.

If you've never played DQ, the GBC versions are a good starting point, since they're a fair bit less archaic in terms of interface. Personally, I can play the original NES versions and not be bothered by the interface, but it's nice to not have to select "Stairs" every time you see a staircase sometimes.

All a matter of preference, but I still think they're damn good remakes/ports and fine entry points. And the Monsters side series was amazing back then. Joker didn't do Monsters much good with the VIII/IX-esque skill trees.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.