[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ITT: Non-video game (per se) retro gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 14

>ITT: Non-video game (per se) retro gaming
>>
File: junpei.png (176KB, 271x273px) Image search: [Google]
junpei.png
176KB, 271x273px
>>2924786
>that one hotshot friend who would just run up the ramp to put the balls in the high points holes
>>
>>2924792
My buddy played baseball and he just railed them into the holes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqmysDEbTiM

ICE

BALL
>>
>finding the craziest ways to launch em
still do actually
>>
>>2924792
>>2924793
A lot of places around here have the machines with the cage panels in front to prevent cheating, so I just experiment with launching them as hard as I can a bouncing them at different angles.
>>
>>2924786
I used to be good enough to put every ball into the 100 pt hole.

Unfortunatly, I haven't played in several years and am out of practice.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 646x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 646x573px
>>
>tfw no room at home for an air hockey table
>>
That one game where it's a circle with a dome on top and you press a button trying to land the light on your tile.

I'm really bad at describing things.
>>
>>2924786
I remember finding 20-some tokens in the coin return slot for one of these. The machine was broken and the slot was hidden underneath it. So I guess people would put a coin in and walk away when it didn't work.
>>
I remember a machine at a local arcade that was a black jack game, you rolled a ball across the top and it would land in the whole for a number, your goal being to add to 21 of course. I can't remember the machine's name and I can't find any pics of it.
>>
>>2925924
mah nigga!

altought i used some a smaller whell that seemed fabricated for this activity as it had no spokes or slots for them, and a hard rubber outside, this bike rim with its traversal concavity would seem easily maneuvered with a wood pole that fits inside of it...

god, we do get anal about retarded details on even the simplest forms of entertainment as we get old..

yeah yeah pole-wheel ( or whatever its called in english), so simple and super fun!

im gona do this next family holyday with my cousins and our children
>>
>>2924792
It's also fun to just steal the balls
>>
>>2926670
>being a dick and ruining it for everybody
get hit by a car soon
>>
Most mainstream arcades today are full of godawful gimmicky crap and that one Galaga/Ms. Pac-man cabinet in the corner.

But air hockey, wooooooo boy never gets old.
>>
>>2926680
air hockey is truly the game of kings
>>
>>2926678
It's just white boy suburban petty vandalism.

In my neighborhood kids would ride around and chuck bricks through glass storefronts for fun. Because of that cops would go around checking every kid's backpack.
>>
>>2926680
>But air hockey, wooooooo boy never gets old.
>>2926683

I don't know why but I used to laugh like crazy while playing, and even more so when the disc would fly out of the table and into some dark corner behind another cabinet.

Shit was crazy, I guess it just hit a special nerve in me. Truly a 10/10 for me
>>
>>2924786
I wish there was an arcade that had one of these around here that isn't Chuck E. Cheese.
>>
File: kek2.gif (20KB, 40x54px) Image search: [Google]
kek2.gif
20KB, 40x54px
>>2924786
>playing mini golf at family fun center or boomers as its called today
>mini golf extends near the road to go there
>we get to a hole near the road, and the tee off points in the direction of the road
>friend decides to do a full golf swing
>ball flies through the fence grating at full speed onto the road, and hits a car
>we all panic and scramble out of their turn our clubs in and pay for the missing ball, and run back home incase that guy turned in the ball, and avoided that place for months in hopes either that employee would be gone or didn't remember us
>>
>>2926691
Shit was the best way to get easy tickets. Was fun with three homies.
>>
>>2926691
My local arcade had one. If I needed to round out my tickets for that sweet-ass prize, it was my go to.
>>
File: 1306644667[1].jpg (75KB, 165x320px) Image search: [Google]
1306644667[1].jpg
75KB, 165x320px
>>
>>2926691
I think most Dave and Nutbusters have them.
>>
>>2926748
>not Chicken Tic-tac-toe
>>
>>2926702
>Was fun with three homeies.
>3 homes + 1 person = 4 players
>3 player game

lol wow. Did you like to watch or were you guys just a dick to one kid on a regular basis?
>>
>>2926685
What the fuck kind of suburb did you grow up in
>>
We've got one of these at my local Dave&Buster's. First time I saw it, I played a round, did mediocre. Had a lot to drink, came back, stared at it, my wife asked me what I was doing, I told her to wait a second and started tapping rhythmically on the machine, counting the time. She asked me again what I was doing. I ignored her and breathed hard on the glass and did some simple arithmetic, checked my work, swiped my card, hit the jackpot 2 times with 5 disks (1 play). It's still my go-to for tickets. The 3 sides aren't evenly spaced, but 2 are. Just gotta figure which ones. I actually go to D&B's for small appliances now. Tickets flow like water.
>>
>>2926780
I didn't think it was necessary to clarify. It was the ghetto.

Pork and Beans, North Miami to be specific.
>>
>>2926670
Go to hell. Stealing the balls from skeeball is awful.

Yea, I totally did it too, but only once and only to make another game. Got one of the hardwood balls, not the plastic ones. We used to play a violent version of hackisack/four-square with it on the blacktop in middle school. Ever have someone kick a hardwood ball into your shin? Fucking hurts and knocks you out of the game.
>>
File: hoops.gif (65KB, 352x427px) Image search: [Google]
hoops.gif
65KB, 352x427px
Used to play this a lot at another arcade near my house. It was like skeeball, but with vertical hoops instead of holes and rails. I found out early on that if you played with a strong side-spin and a centered bowl, every shot would hit 100, 40, or roll the ball back to you down the ramp.
>>
>>2926748
THIS WAS THE FUCKING SHIT
>tfw the final ball to a sweet play slowly tips into the wrong spot
>>
Bozo Buckets, reporting in!
>>
File: ribbitracin.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
ribbitracin.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
WELCOME TO THE INTERNATION SWAMP OLYMPICS

FEATURING HOPPIN' HARRY AND JUMPIN' JACK
>>
>>2926789
god damn dude thats pretty hard core
>>
File: 74339792_29a2410f81[1].jpg (179KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
74339792_29a2410f81[1].jpg
179KB, 500x447px
>>
>>2926880

>that jackass who used his hands
>>
>>2926910
only because some little nigglet broke off and stole the foam mallet
>>
File: SELECT YOUR COLOR.jpg (105KB, 337x432px) Image search: [Google]
SELECT YOUR COLOR.jpg
105KB, 337x432px
>>
>>2926880
Love these things. I have to get in a zone to use them well
>>
>>2926920
always fucking picked blue
>>
>>2926915
This was the case about half the time.
I used my hands half the time because it was faster.
>>
>>2926858
Holy fuck that nostalgia.
>>
File: m5nruejqauvugu7ngr67[1].jpg (248KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
m5nruejqauvugu7ngr67[1].jpg
248KB, 683x1024px
I used to love playing this as a kid.
>>
>>2926852
ohh snap I remember this at timeout arcade in my local mall!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.