[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Crusader: No Remorse? I know it has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: 250px-Norembox.jpg (20KB, 250x296px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Norembox.jpg
20KB, 250x296px
What do you guys think of Crusader: No Remorse? I know it has a killer soundtrack but that's about it, didn't give it a chance yet
>>
>>2921394
Controls are kind of crap, sometimes things are kind of glitchy. I like what it was going for though but it's a bit clunky feeling. It's like a Isometric prince of persia with guns.
>>
>>2921450
This. I carry the No Remorse soundtrack around on my phone.

The sequel, No Regret, adds some movement niceties IIRC, but the soundtrack feels so forced, like they ran out of good ideas during the first soundtrack.

I never played these on PSX, only DOS. I wonder if a controller makes movement easier?
>>
its fraking awesome

its not like ur playing a bow rogue on diablo with Mouse + Keyb

so you have to get used to the controls, change them a bit, experiment, until you can use it without thinking about it,

you have relative and absolute rotation,
you have 8 directionals for: walk , jump, run, roll,

so its best to make use of CTRL ALT xxx... modifiers for these so you can use numpad for all movements

and since the world is a grid, you can pretty much plan ur movement to finish the roll aiming straight at the enemy and blast them before they even shoot

its bet to hit and release the directionals instead of holding, hit it as a movement is ending so that your motion is seamless and thefefore as fast as it can be
>>
>>2921394
It's nonstop action from a different perspective.
>>
Great game. I played it until today. Will be my favorite game ever.
>>
i never found anything else similar to this

and no, Cybermercs is more of a diablo-like
>>
File: crusaderscreen.jpg (218KB, 710x533px) Image search: [Google]
crusaderscreen.jpg
218KB, 710x533px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0TNtBGIojk

DAT REMIX

Also that sound for the set on fire scream.

YEEEEEEUUUGH!
>>
File: crusader.jpg (111KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
crusader.jpg
111KB, 800x743px
>At some dude's game store
>Typical place with a lot of retro titles
>Has a shelf full of PC games
> See some Boba Fett lookin' dude
>Happens to be this
>Huge box that comes with both games, along with a bunch of lore expanding booklets and maps
>Bought it on the spot
>No Regret

This is fucking crazy. Once you get the controls down, you feel like an unstoppable force of terror, shitting down everyones throats. The action gets too chaotic, especially once you start getting your top-tier weaponry.

>Crusader: No Remake
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZq-YvEUnyA
>>
These games look interesting. Are they hard to get into?
>>
>>2926373
The controls can be a bit janky until you get used to them. You control your dude like a tank, arrows to turn and up arrow to move forward. They are fun, the graphics are good for DOS, there's good explosions and lots of stuff to shoot. I'd say essential playing for someone into DOS games.
>>
>>2924130
The armor is very Mandalorian. Especially the helmet.
>>
>>2926642
Canderous: The Early Years
>>
>>2926646
I'm now imagine a mod for crusader featuring Canderous during the Mandalorian wars fighting republic troops.
>>
>>2926656
imagining*
>>
File: ss+(2014-12-07+at+07.21.08).jpg (158KB, 958x494px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2014-12-07+at+07.21.08).jpg
158KB, 958x494px
the echosector site used to be pretty active years ago, people were working on mods and trying to construct what would have been Crusader 2. Really depressing honestly to see a games fanbase get too old and few to do much. I actually kept in contact with 2 of the original devs, really cool people.
>>
One of my favorite isometric games OP. Very worth playing once you get used to the controls. Like the other anon said you feel like the cold hand of vengeance once you get good at it and get top tier weapons.
>>
>>2921394
I love it, all sorts of fun weapons and gadgets. It's like an early cover shooter in a way. The game makes you feel like an operator.

My advice is to use just the keyboard, once you get used to the controls you'll be rolling, staffing, jumping and running around with (relative) ease.
>>
File: 2015-09-22-20.24.05-2.jpg (678KB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-22-20.24.05-2.jpg
678KB, 2656x1494px
>>2926664
Webmaster of Echo Sector here. I'm taking the blame for lack of activity in our community. I rarely update the site and still have a lot to do to bring the site up to snuff.

I do have a lot of rare and interesting Crusader material yet to upload, but mostly for legal reasons. Still trying to get the source code for the games and Crusader 2, though.
>>
File: 1428877676793.png (41KB, 300x173px) Image search: [Google]
1428877676793.png
41KB, 300x173px
>>2926729
>that cutout
>>
>>2921697
I find it's a lot of stop action. Quite a bit actually. In some cases it's plenty of digging around for a key card or switch and shit.
>>
>>2926729
do the 2000s thing and go wiki

find a visual side that isnt wikipedia-like, so you can use a hand made menu

and set it so admin needs to check new articles and/or new edits

>I do have a lot of rare and interesting Crusader material yet to upload, but mostly for legal reasons. Still trying to get the source code for the games and Crusader 2, though.

whatch out for anyone anonymously releasing this in some blogspot post and link at echosector
>>
File: vagcrustuff.jpg (281KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
vagcrustuff.jpg
281KB, 1280x960px
>>2926787

Older picture, but I have a lot more where that came from.
>>
>>2926824
I've had that in mind for awhile. I do enjoy the "curated"/"handmade" sites of late '90s-early '00s, but it may be time to just wiki it.

I know the developers of the games and they'll probably give me the code—I wouldn't expect them to anonymously release it like that. Would be quite surprising if they did!
>>
>>2921394
>What do you guys think of Crusader: No Remorse? I know it has a killer soundtrack but that's about it, didn't give it a chance yet
It's without a doubt the best action game ever made on the Ultima 6 engine.
>>
>>2921394
one of the best games I've ever played when I was kid
The effects of the different weapons was amazing for it's time. I still have fond memories of playing that game haha
>>
I'll get both games from GOG, thanks for the input anons!
>>
>>2926664
I remember just stopping that the menu screen to listen to the main theme.
>>
would it be fair to say that the movement controls are like the first postal? never played this before, and it looks fucking immense, but i need to know if the controls are a drawback.
>>
Pretty kickass games with a killer soundtrack, but that's a given with tracker music. I fucking love the remixed space station theme in No Regret.
>>
>>2926729
oh damn its pretty cool to see you on here
>>
>>2923857
project overkill
>>
It's got good concept and graphics, but some of the level designs are meh, not to mention long as fuck. Plus the controls are awkward as hell in modern context.
>>
File: 1679390-vlcsnap_00372.jpg (66KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1679390-vlcsnap_00372.jpg
66KB, 720x480px
>>2929445
> project overkill
Hey this looks alright.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.