[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Earthbound thread. What do you think of this game? Do you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: earthbound-cover.jpg (39KB, 472x375px) Image search: [Google]
earthbound-cover.jpg
39KB, 472x375px
Earthbound thread.

What do you think of this game? Do you like it? Is it overrated? What are its strengths, and what are its weaknesses?

I tried playing it about 5 years ago, and I made it to the part where you first meet Jeff before I got bored with it and quit. I just started another playthrough, and I've resolved to make sure I finish it this time. I'm going to really take my time and explore and talk to the NPCs, maybe that will get me more invested in the world.
>>
Love it, but I got into it as a kid and I think if you only started playing it when you were an adult you missed on something very special and very different and won't ever be able to experience the magic that only a child can feel when playing this game.
>>
how many times have we had this thread hit bump limit
its the same fucking discussion every time
>>
>>2921347
Huh, I actually just thought to myself today how a lot of the hype for Earthbound probably isn't based off of childhood nostalgia, since the game wasn't a top seller when it was first released and a lot of the current fans found the game in their teens or even 20s. I'll take your word for it though.

>>2921350
I've only been browsing /vr/ for a couple months and I've never seen an Earthbound thread. People tend not to mention the game too much unless they're complaining about its price.
>>
>>2921341

Just go to the archive dude. I'm sure there are Earthbound threads in there that you can read to see peoples' opinions.
>>
>>2921341
>What do you think of this game?
Interesting piece of media for its time, not a good game though.
>Do you like it?
It's a definitely good RPG for kids, great even, but I'm too old to enjoy it.
>Is it overrated?
It is, but at this point most classic games are.
>What are its strengths, and what are its weaknesses?
Cute artstyle and general aesthetics, decent setting, boring game mechanics, gameplay is barely above the average DQ clone, which means it's pretty bad.

Check the archive.
>>
>>2921427
>It's definitely good RPG for kids, great even, but I'm too old to enjoy it.

There's plenty to enjoy in Earthbound for an adult who's interested in game design.

http://archive.is/fMD7F
>>
If anything, it's underrated by people who decided beforehand that it's overrated.
>>
>>2921369
The only Earthbound threads I could find in the archives were people talking about how much they hate the fanbase. Not a lot of discussion about the game itself.
>>
It's a neat game. I think that the best part about it is its world. In a lot of JRPGs on the SNES, the towns are all pretty samey, but they're all very clearly unique in EB. I don't think it gets enough credit for that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.