[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Fantasy 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

Tell me your dream team for Final Fantasy 3. No Sage or Ninja allowed.
>>
>>2919982

Two Sages and two Ninjas.
>>
>>2920002
God damnit
>>
>>2920002
REKT
E
K
T
>>
dragoon,knight,blackbelt,devout
>>
>>2919982
Knight, 2 Dark Knights and whatever that better version of White Mage was called.
>>
>>2919982
Strange that I played this 10 years ago, antiquated and forgotten. Entirely singular.

Now, these years later people still find it worthy of discussion.

God I love /retro/.
>>
>>2919982
Edgar, Sabin, Cyan, Gau.

:^)
>>
>>2920240
It's an underrated game on here. Kinda sad really, it's the best of the eight bit FFs.
>>
>>2920248
Good choices, wrong game my friend :^)
>>
>>2919982
Dammit you basically posted my team.

The shaman is my favorite. Dose cat ears. :)
>>
>>2919982
Those 4 characters from FF4r we'll never see again
>>
>>2919982
>no saging allowed
>>
Whatever team the game forces me to use :^)
>>
>>2920240
The problem is that we only really gotten to play it legally when the DS came out. Too bad that FF3 isn't that great. 80% of the classes are either useless or just an upgrade to an already existing class and the story feels unfinished. It mentions the idea of Dark Warriors saving the world from the World of Light but never really go into that. Not only that but the DS onward honestly is a worse version to play. They changed the way battles work in a way that made it annoying. The switch from 9 to 3 enemies meant that they needed to change how damage calculations work. So melee and magic is weaken to an almost annoying level and healing is even worse. Not only that to make some classes not as useless they bumped them up a bit but also nerfing the best classes. But the thing is the useless classes are still pretty damn useless it's just less so. So you will still be using the good classes but now they are weaker.
>>
File: final fantasy bals to the wall.png (4KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
final fantasy bals to the wall.png
4KB, 512x448px
>>2919982
fighter.
>>
>>2919982
I think I usually end up using 2x Knights, Black Belt and Shaman near end game.
>>
File: ff3.jpg (53KB, 640x453px) Image search: [Google]
ff3.jpg
53KB, 640x453px
>>2920357
Are you sure?
>>
So disappointed that the remake didn't balance the jobs so all were viable.

Throwing that out there for any modders to mod FamiFFIII to balance all jobs.
>>
>>2920293

Peanut butter mermaids. It's not really that fucking hard. Go to bed, you piece of paper, and keep your filthy paws off me!
>>
>>2921346
That's FF6
>>
>>2921383
Not in America. It's the official FF3 in /vr/ terms.
>>
File: 52196-Final_Fantasy_VI_(E)-1.jpg (65KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
52196-Final_Fantasy_VI_(E)-1.jpg
65KB, 953x953px
>>2921449
in 1999 they fixed it fampai
>>
>>2919982
>M. Knight
>Shalaman
>M. Knight
>Shalaman
>>
>>2921449
>It's the official FF3 in /vr/ terms.
No
>>
>>2921346
But anon, we don't follow the International number system for the final fantasy games.
>>
>>2920002
Three sages and one ninja.

Though I guess for the final boss alone 3 ninjas and one sage would be tops.
>>
>>2919982

Four Onion Knights with full Onion equipment
>>
>>2921036

Meanwhile FFV is perfection.

And then Bravely Default trades in plot for even more perfection.
>>
>>2922593
The one thing I hate about Final Fantasy was how little they actually wanted to innovate on their systems. The Class Systems is one thing I wanted them to keep tinkering with. FF3 started it and personally it's not a great system since a lot of the classes are either useless or just an upgrade. FF5 had each class it's own thing and even let you combine abilities. FFX-2 let you switch in the middle of combat with restrictions on how the switching works. FF13 kind of had it but fucked up in very which way. Than Bravely Default brought it back to more like FF5 and expanded on it even more. I don't know much about Second but I wonder what they can do with that.
>>
>>2922617

It's more fair to characterize the FF system as constantly trying something different (even if "something different" sometimes means "returning to that good system that everyone liked).

It keeps the gameplay fresh each game. Like, the junction system sucked but I respect them for trying it.
>>
>>2920240
>tfw the DS game was released nearly 10 years ago already
>>
>>2921449
This is a dumb thing to say
>>
>>2920248
>Edgar & Sabin
Good
>Cyan & Gau
You spelled Terra and Celes wrong.
>>
>>2922654
>Gau
>Bad

LOLNO. His Nightshade, Magic Pot, and Stray Cat rages are straight up broken, and he can get powerful magic early in the game as well. Edgar and Sabin are good early in the game, but they fall off later on, since their main attraction (Free specials) becomes kind of irrelevant.

Terra is good, and so is Celes. But Relm takes their best attribute (magic damage) and absolutely runs with it. I remember one time I was esper training her, and her magic so high that when I cast Ultima, it rolled over and did like, 150 damage.
>>
>>2921449

we use japanese numbering of FF to avoid confusion. but you're probably trolling anyway.
>>
>>2922783
Gau is nice but training him to get those abilities is just annoying. Useful? Very much yes but some people aren't willing to spend an hour or more depending on RNG just to get Gau to insane levels.
>>
>>2922654
>liking those shitty mary sues

Psycho Cyan and Gau's blue magic shit all over those useless whores, retard.
>>
>>2922783
if you have Strago and the double magic gem plus his special ability you can do 3 Ultimas back to back to back. I didn't have to use one other character on kefka. also Cyan with the paladin shield is GOAT.
>>
>>2921383
that's the joke bud
>>
>>2922593
>Meanwhile FFV is perfection.
The biggest problem with FF3 was that it was built to run on an NES. It runs against system limitations at every turn.

FF5 is in many ways a more complete version of FF3.
>>
>>2922834
>if you have Strago and the double magic gem plus his special ability you can do 3 Ultimas back to back to back.
You can do that with any character, though. Just cast Quick.
>>
>>2922783
>He uses Gau for RNG rages
Caster Gau ftw
>>
3 Level 99 Onion Knights
1 Devout
>>
>>2921068
I've completed it with that setup when I was 13, because I thought magic was gay. Shit was crazy. White Dragons continue to spam blizzard in my nightmares.
>>
>>2928075
You'll run out of healing items before the RNG drops you enough Onion equipment to outfit your dudes.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.