[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genesis question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Genesis.jpg (22KB, 751x452px) Image search: [Google]
Genesis.jpg
22KB, 751x452px
Is there any way to play a 32x on a 16-bit Sega Genesis? I recently went to a Disk Replay store and saw Doom for $3.55, but the clerk was kind enough to inform me I had to have some sort of thing that would connect into my Sega that would allow this. It sounded cryptic at the time and I possibly am misremembering what he said, so I came to you guys wondering what kind of hardware he might have meant.

I'm not a lazy ass kid so I did my own research into it and did indeed find that there are more kinds of Sega Genesi than just the 16-bit one, but I wasn't able to find any kind of hardware that would connect into my Genesis that would allow a 32x cartridge to plug in on top of it (like a Game Genie). Does such a hardware piece exist or did the clerk mean I had to have a 32-bit Sega Genesis with a 32x compatible piece? Whenever I search "Sega 32x adapter" I am getting nothing... if there is a more specific name I'm sure that would help. And yes I know Doom was for the N64 as well, but I can't find a decently priced copy anywhere...

Final question, if such a hardware component DID exist... how would a Game Genie work in that? The hardware piece, Game Genie, then 32x game on top, or Game Genie, hardware piece, then 32x game on top?
>>
File: 1362081975472.jpg (539KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1362081975472.jpg
539KB, 1200x1600px
>>
Yes.
>>
File: 32x_2.jpg (12KB, 432x288px) Image search: [Google]
32x_2.jpg
12KB, 432x288px
It's this thing you need and it should work on any model 1 or 2 genesis.
>>
First off, Doom 32X is garbage, check this out it's the official soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbroOMBYBYU
Doom 64 is actually a brand new sequel with new levels and weapons, not a port.

Stick to the PC version with ZDoom, or just buy it on GoG if you're tech illiterate or whatever.
>>
>>2919745
Doom 32X actually plays very well. You can turn the music off if it bothers you. The biggest problem is that it doesn't have all the levels.
>>
>>2919740
You will need this, plus the cord that connects it to the console ('but it plugs in already' still need additional plug, plus independent power cable)
If your Genesis is the one in the pic, you'll also need a special metal adapter, but you won't if you have a smaller model 2 or 3.
Enjoy playing all 20 games for the 32x
>>
>>2919745
I didn't know that Doom 64 was more than just a port. I remember getting Hexen and it just being a shitty port.
>>2919752
Eh. Might keep looking for 64 then based on this info.

Thanks, all!
>>
>>2919751
All I know is that it was based on the Jaguar version. Still no reason to track it down when you can just play the source port.
>>
>>2919752
>you'll also need a special metal adapter, but you won't if you have a smaller model 2 or 3.
You've actually got that backwards. It fits snugly on the Model 1. It actually isn't required on the Model 2, it just makes it fit better.

Also, the Model 3 doesn't support the 32X without modding it.
>>
>>2919719
>And yes I know Doom was for the N64 as well
Hang on. Do you want to buy a 32x just to play Doom? They way you put this makes it sound like you haven't played Doom before.

Doom is a PC game. Don't play a console port of it. There's 2 or 3 other 32x games in existence and don't let me stop you from playing those but console Dooms are nothing but novelties, they are not appropriate replacements for the real thing.
>>
File: 1366782721450.png (42KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1366782721450.png
42KB, 488x519px
>>2919745
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re0A23CSvpw
>>
>>2919745
>>2922450

I always feel I have to post these in response to 32X Doom shit music threads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brBQVcf37Xc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6rlCc-C3Sg
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.