[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many Dreamcast games ported on later platforms are and are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

File: 1125396830.jpg (32KB, 481x371px) Image search: [Google]
1125396830.jpg
32KB, 481x371px
How many Dreamcast games ported on later platforms are and are not better played on Dreamcast?
>>
>>2918130
I think the Dreamcast might have the best version for most of the multiplat games it has. They either came out for the N64/PS1 which honestly couldn't compete, or they were disastrously ported to the PS2.
>>
>>2918130
.........what is this???
>>
Ikaruga for DC was far superior to the GameCube version.

Maken X got a PS2 port that fucked up by putting it in third person
>>
>>2918876
SNES emulator for DC and ROMs put on a CD to play on your Dreamcast made by some Russian pirates.
DC piracy was really strong in Russia. Not as strong as PS1, Famicom or Mega Drive, but still. Also, many people had DC, but only, like, 5 people in the whole country had SNES, because there were no illegal cartriges for it. And original games for it costed around 1/4 of average month salary of most people. So, CDs like this one with emulators were really popular here.
>>
>>2918883
Why is DC ikaruga better? I haven't played the GC version, but I thought it was a straight port.
>>
>>2918912
From what I remember, there was some kind of bug that caused the internal resolution to decrease dramatically after chapter 2, making the game look way fuzzier especially compared to a DC with VGA.

Also there may have been sound issues as well. Really the only advantage it had was no slowdowns when the boss explodes.
>>
>>2918924
You mean?
>>
File: stupid invaders.jpg (39KB, 496x498px) Image search: [Google]
stupid invaders.jpg
39KB, 496x498px
Stupid Invaders has a PC version that has more cutscenes. I don't know why dreamcast version has less cutscenes, you'd think dreamcast would be capable of handling some extra videos like that.
>>
>>2918981
Not him but fucking everything? The person who wrote Dreamsnes was Peter Bortas, he did it for free. Later it was discovered that some pirates were selling it and he put a disclaimer at the start. No snes emulator was written for dreamcast by Russian pirates, at least not that could play DKC decently, which is what his post appears to suggest.

In Russia infringing copyright was generally legal until around 1991, like in China, and they still don't like corporatism or western capitalism. A lot of technically savvy people also, the government sure didn't give a shit if pirates were saving rubles from buying good from the US or elsewhere. I have never heard of the SNES being a flop in Russia. Maybe it was less popular than the Megadrive, but HIGHLY unlikely to be uncommon.
>>
>>2919009
I haven't played that game, but maybe it got censored?
Videogame was based on the original concept of the show, being way more offensive than the cartoon..
>>
>>2919015
Where in this post did I state that in was written by the pirates? Pirates never wrote their own software. They took what they could from the Internet, burned it on CDs and sold at markets and stores.
And, surely, if they put Donkey Kong on the cover that doesn't mean you will be able to play it or that even will be ROM of it on this CD.
Cover of this disc promises you around 500 SNES games, including first 5 Final Fantasy titles (now, how do you even play FF I - III using SNES emulator?) and Russian version of Chrono Trigger.

And trust me, SNES was a flop in Russia. First of all, it was mostly sold in Moscow and, maybe, Saint Petersburg. Secondly, it was way more expensive than a Famiclone or MD clone. Thirdly, in was a pain in the ass to find SNES games in Russia.
So, yeah, most people played on Famiclones, then moved to MD and then to PS1 and DC. Consoles like Master System, SNES, Saturn and N64 were neraly non-existent on post-USSR territories in 90s.
>>
>>2919015
>Maybe it was less popular than the Megadrive, but HIGHLY unlikely to be uncommon.
It was uncommon. You can ask many people "What consoles were before the Playstation", majority will answer "Dendy and Sega". Ask them about Super Nintendo, and they'll supposedly be, like, "Uhm, what is it?".
See https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pDCW_hXrU1E#t=3865 They were not such expensive, they were INCREDIBLY expensive.
Remember, people could not get their salaries for months.
>>
>Whenever someone tries to defend the PS2 version of Grandia 2
>>
hmm.
Fine, I will concede the SNES perhaps was extremely rare. I had not counted on the SNES not being sold except in the big cities.

Pirate sometimes do sell what they write/manufacture, this is why you should have clarified. Also even if they "never" did that, not everyone would know that. It is possible that the first five Final Fantasy titles on the SNES were on it, maybe some hacked/homebrew was counted.
>>
>>2919084
When there's a PC port.
>>
>>2919112

Which PC port the new one on steam or the old old one.

Because the later was borked to fuck too. New one runs alright but has shockingly high system requirements for a game that old
>>
File: 1417156220335.jpg (150KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1417156220335.jpg
150KB, 720x480px
>>2919084

> Whenever someone tries to defend the PS2 port of Dead or Alive 2
>>
>>2918130

The ecco the dolphin game for DC/PS2 is an example of something that wasn't necessarily better on either of the platforms, but just different.
>>
>>2919540

Maybe Rayman 2 as well?

That game was so different on each platform it released on, although the Dreamcast version is the only one that runs at 60fps.
>>
File: 1430528883273.jpg (987KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1430528883273.jpg
987KB, 1500x1125px
>>2918130

Phantasy Star Online. The Xbox and Gamecube versions featured more areas (Volume 2), as well as split screen multiplayer. The soundtrack was also slightly higher quality. The Xbox version requires an XBox Live profile to be saved on either the console or copied from a console to an Xbox a memory card, so it is literally unplayable unless you have one, so keep that in mind if you go looking for it.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 had its best version on the original Xbox (THPS2X), it included all of the levels from the first THPS as well as some extras.

Soul Calibur got ported to XBLA, but other than high def support it's still the exact same game (they didn't add online play or anything).

Other than that I can't think of a single multiplatform game where the Dreamcast version wasn't the superior version.
>>
>>2919562
When it has a PC port?
>>
>>2918912
>Why is DC ikaruga better?
Because Ikaruga was on naomi hardware in the arcade which is just a dreamcast with more ram so porting is always superb quality.
>>
>>2919027
I don't think it was censorship because some of the stuff that got removed wasn't even offensive ie. plunger to the wall, throwing clean toilet paper etc.
They probably just added those cutscenes later on for the sake of it, that's my only guess.
>>
>>2918883
>Maken X got a PS2 port that fucked up by putting it in third person

Plus it retained the censorship of the NA DC version.
>>
Tatsuya_S - nyashka.
>>
>>2918130
GC skies of arcadia has horrible compressed audio.
>>
>>2919540
>The ecco the dolphin game for DC/PS2 is an example of something that wasn't necessarily better on either of the platforms, but just different.

I vaguely remember the PS2 version of Ecco the Dolphin being outright better.

As in, they fixed some annoying gameplay quirks and even improved the graphics in some ways.
>>
>>2919364
Does the Dead or Alive Ultimate version of 2 count? Kind of a semi remake I guess.
>>
How does Code Veronica X compare to the Dreamcast original?
>>
>>2918918
Slowdowns are in the PC version as well, but the fps doesn't decrease

When I think about it, Gradius V had the exact same "issue" with its bosses, so it's probably some effect that Treasure does with their games
>>
>>2918130
FF7 for SNES?
>>
>>2923261

It looks like canned assholes, for one. Some of the cutscenes were changed, and the PS2 version added Wesker's Report, but all in all there isn't much of a content difference between the two of them.

The Dreamcast version over a VGA adapter still looks pretty amazing, it's the one I would recommend if you're sticking to /vr/ consoles.

The PS3/360 version runs on MT Framework though, and has 16:9/HD support though.
>>
Anyone's opinion of this version compared to the GC version?
>>
>>2927332
Aaand of course pic didn't work.
>>
>>2927332
They're both horrible games. Any Sonic game not made in the 16-bit era isn't worth playing.

As for DC vs GC of that game, they're pretty much exactly the same.
>>
>>2927332
The first one is actually less glitchy on DC, believe it or not. Second is about the same, they re-implemented some chao garden areas that got cut from the dc release due to time constraints, but it's not a big deal.
>>
>>2927341
>They're both horrible games. Any Sonic game not made in the 16-bit era isn't worth playing.
Oh bugger off, there's a still fun gameplay to be had here with the score system and giving pickups to the Chao

I won't argue about Sonic Team losing focus on what makes a good game (because it's true) but these are very much playable. 3D was never Sonic's suit and it's not going to be anytime soon
>>
>>2918897
I didn't even know that SNES and N64 are different systems. Cartridges look almost the same anyway. I called it "Nintendo" and thought it is more advanced than PS1. Now I know I was mistaken.
>>
>>2923098
I really wouldn't call it 'horrible'. It's worse but imo you need to pay attention to it to notice. GC is still the better version due to more content and slightly better graphics.
>>
>>2923261

Code Veronica X is a dreamcast original but only in japan.
>>
Residents Evil 2 is superior on DC in so many ways (but sadly censored)
>>
Chu Chu Rocket.
Space Channel 5 is also much better in DC, because they fucked up the timings in the PS2 version.

>>2919364
That is the initial PS2 version. Itagaki was so pissed about its quality that he had another one made, called Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore. That version is on par with the DC one.
>>
>>2930056
I have only began to play SoA on GC, I want to know if badly hidden loop of ascending on stairs is present in DC version?
>>
File: de!eur08[1].gif (783B, 360x216px) Image search: [Google]
de!eur08[1].gif
783B, 360x216px
>>2930089

> RE2 on DC censored

Only the German version (the German PC version was censored also), because Germans have some sort of terrifying fear of gore even though they have caused more bloodshed over the past hundred years than any other country ever.

Fucking crybabies.
>>
>>2930153
>because Germans have some sort of terrifying fear of gore even though they have caused more bloodshed over the past hundred years than any other country ever.

Not even close. You wanna try again there, champ? Maybe crack open a history book or two?
>>
>>2930098

>That is the initial PS2 version. Itagaki was so pissed about its quality that he had another one made, called Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore. That version is on par with the DC one.

No, it's not. DOA2 Hardcore just added some new stages and costumes and slightly tweaked the faces of some of the models, other than that it still looks identical to the original release, which looks like shit compared to the Dreamcast version.

Only having half as much VRAM and no hardware AA on the PS2 meant they would never be able to replicate the DC version's image quality, even without the boost the DC version gets in progressive scan over a VGA connection.
>>
>>2930157

> Butthurt German detected

You ever heard of a "World War"? Earth had a couple back in the 1900s.

In case you weren't aware, your shitty country managed to start and lose both of them.
>>
>>2930165

Not even German, and the Soviet Union killed far more people (in both diversity and numbers) than Germany ever dreamed.

You sound like a typical ignorant product of your country's mediocre public education/indoctrination system.
>>
>>2930153
No, all Dreamcast versions -even japanese and american- have censored death scenes you imbecile. btw what flag is this supposed to be?
>>
>>2930182

>You sound like a typical ignorant product of your country's mediocre public education/indoctrination system.

Yeah, you're German

You guys perfected the Public Education/Indoctrination System

Go back to playing TF2 where all of the players are actually robots or Wolfenstein with no swastikas, I'll be playing uncut games and living in a country where the government lets adults make their own entertainment choices instead of trying to run a nanny state
>>
>>2930187

No, and German you idiot, in that order
>>
>>2930196
All Dreamcast versions are censored. Do you own the Dreamcast version? Are you butthurt? Are you shatered that you played a censored version all along? Oh boo boo crybaby :'(
>>
>>2930198

The Dreamcast version is based on the PC version you retard, it wasn't censored.

Jesus are we still being raided by /v/ or something?
>>
>>2930203

>"raided"

Hi fellow /pol/ false flag! :^)
>>
>>2930203
Post proof the of your idiocy then.
Post video of uncensored death scenes on Dreamcast - or else I won't believe you.
>>
>>2930209

Post proof there were censored death scenes in every region, you're the one who is wrong so you're the one who is going to have to do the work.
>>
>>2930153
>>2930165
>>2930189
>>2930196
>>2930203

>>2930209

Here is US dreamcast version = Death scenes are censored
https://youtu.be/TS7yuezlf84?t=16m11s
>>2930213
>>
>>2930217

> Thinking anyone is going to watch twenty minutes of your shitty let's play

Try Gamefaqs friendo
>>
>>2930219
The link says Minute 16 imbecile troll. Bye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84838260&list=PL9A05258888C7D550&v=TS7yuezlf84&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-ts=1422327029#t=960
>>
>>2930213

You're doing great, fellow /pol/ack. :^)

He must be positively enraged at your artful bait.
>>
>>2930220
>>2930217

> Mad because you're too stupid to format a youtube link correctly on 4chan

You should be in bed already, it's a school night you know
>>
>>2930153
>>2930196

German flag is black/red/yellow from top to bottom. That's Jelebu's flag, a subdivision of a Malaysian state. How did you even find that shit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_and_coat_of_arms_of_Negeri_Sembilan
>>
>>2930239

Because, we're actually /pol/ false-flagging /v/, and we think that shit's hilarious. :^)
>>
>>2930230
>Mad because you got BTFO
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.