[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've unearthed some old burnt CD-Rs of some Japanese PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: falcom_shelf.jpg (3MB, 976x2922px) Image search: [Google]
falcom_shelf.jpg
3MB, 976x2922px
I've unearthed some old burnt CD-Rs of some Japanese PC games.. I of course can't seem to find any other place they might exist (I reckon they all come from Hongfire about a decade ago). If UGG was still around I bet they would have been on there, but I wanted to know, are any of these disc images rare or in need or being preserved? I'd like to throw this spindle out, but I do want the comfort of knowing these are atleast accessible to people out there before I do that.

Puyo Puyo Sun
Renai Simulation Maker 2
Eternal Odyssey
Magical Heroines PLUS
Asteka II Taiyou No Shinden
Kapra W: The Road to Al-De-Baran
Farland Legend
Frane III
Farland Tactics FX
Zwei!!
Ys Eternal 2 (with Omake)
Ys Eternal Anctient Ys Vanished Omen
The legend of xanadu
Virtua Fighter 2 PC
Ragnarok Online Tactics
Maid in Bunny
Farland Story Yottsu no Fuuin
Shin Eiyuu Densetsu the new legend of heroes
Giten Megami Tensei Tokyo Mokushiroku
Brandish 4
Revival Xanadu
Angeraze Complete
Sorcerian Forever
megami ibunroku persona
Frane
Rockman X8
Farland Tactics III
Langrisser I

Thanks
>>
While I am not an expert on Japanese games, I do believe you ought to upload those to a few websites if possible, try to get them out there for others to enjoy. Preserve them. But that is my inner archivist.
>>
>>2916218
Japanese non-ero Windows 9x games tend to be a pain in the ass to keep track of, at least in my experience.
They may be available on some Japanese p2p network but I've failed to obtain Shin Eiyuu Densetsu and Sorcerian Forever myself and expect many of the other titles to have similar issues.
>>
>>2916517
Do you have the other ones?

Thing is that these images are prolly all corrupt to hell, on 10 year old cheap CD-Rs

Plus it's a fucking hassle. Yes, there is practically no scene for Japanese non-ero windows PC games. I don't know anything about accessing Japanese P2P networks either.

Any insight is appreciated.
>>
>>2916534
I think somebody uploaded Brandish 4 here a year or two ago.
>>
If willing OP, then try uploading these things and hope for the best. Maybe to Mega or Mediafire and then advertise the links here, maybe elsewhere?
>>
>>2916561
are they really that rare? I expected most if not all to exist elsewhere but I guess not.

That makes me kinda sad to think that some of these games could potentially be lost to time.
>>
>>2916636
The original CDs are going to be somewhere and CDs tend to be more sturdy than floppies or tapes.
>>
>>2916636
Rips of Japanese stuff is a lot rarer because of Japan-only p2p and the smaller audience. Not /vr/, but I went all out a few weeks back trying to find a rip of the Japanese Ar Tonelico, which is newer than these and from a fairly popular series, and no dice. There aren't a lot of people maintaining public archives, at least.
>>
>>2916678
Mostly because piracy in Japan is quite dangerous and can and will lead to jailtime.
So most rips are by Chinese. By this you can find them "somewhere" on the chinese world wide web which is a harder pain in the as than the Japanese.
Anyway, yes 9x era games suddenly are indeed disappearing more and more from the net.
>>
>>2916678
You can normally find Japanese PS1, PCE-CD and Saturn games. Even less popular stuff like 3DO, FM Towns or PC-FX has rips available.
But for Windows there's no devoted archive so links get posted on various forums and often die after a while.
PC-98 CD games are also kind of hard to get.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.